How far in advance to airport

mort1331

DIS Veteran
We will be there mid july, as long as everything stays the same. We fly out at 10pm on a tuesday night. Need to drop car off. What time should we leave Aulani taking into account the traffic? Just trying to figure out if its worth booking one more day so we have a room for the day instead of 11am checkout.
Thanks all

Personally I'm a "better to be bored in the airport for an hour than 24" person so I tend to leave (as in pulling out) 3 hours prior to our flight. That has always given us more than enough time to deal with returning the car, AG, check in and TSA

I’d leave three hours ahead as well.

Also, check the Hawaii Dept. of Transportation website for road work. We’re a one freeway city, so if H-1 is closed, alternate routes will be backed up as well.

sounds great thanks, I think we will book a room even if we are leaving between 6 and 7pm. Nice to have somewhere to hang before we leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter