How exactly does one get Space 220 reservations? 60+4 and no go

zackiedawg

WEDway Peoplemover Rider
So I had been waiting for my 60 day window to open for my June trip - my last 2 trips I have not been able to get a Space 220 reservation, but usually was trying well after the 60 day window had passed - I figured that was my issue. This time, I was going to be ready - 6am came this morning which was when my window opened, my trip begins June 10, and my Epcot day is June 12....I tried for reservations to the restaurant AND to the lounge, for party of 1, 2, and 4, for dinner, then for lunch, then for each individual hour of the day...and NOTHING. Tried June 10, 11, and 13 as well, even though those weren't my Epcot days, just to see if I could get in...all no go.

Funny thing is, the food reviews have been mixed, nothing super-enticing on the menu, but mostly I just am a regular Disney visitor, live in Florida, and I go there 4-5 times a year for 3-5 day trips...and at some point, I've stayed at every resort, every DVC property, eaten at every restaurant, and visited every bar or lounge...I just like to see and try everything at least once and Space 220 is one place I haven't seen yet. I'd take a visit to the lounge or restaurant, any time of day, just to check it off my list. But I cannot seem to get in no matter what...even the minute my 60 day window opened for this stay, it showed up as not available for all times and all party sizes.

All of the other 'hard to get' reservations were available, from Cinderellas to Be Our Guest to Le Cellier to Art Smith's...pretty much the ONLY thing I could not get was Space 220!

I think Space 220 is in such demand because it’s so unique that everyone just wants to see it! I kept striking out too, and my plan was to keep that day free of ADRs and keep trying, especially the day before and even the morning of the day we wanted, hoping to pick up a cancellation. We got lucky and booked a lounge ADR the very first morning they started booking lounge ADRs. So keep trying, and hopefully you’ll get lucky too.

We have a thing set up on Touring Plans for the reservation finder. It sent me a text message the other day and I was able to get right on (you have to do this immediately) and nab it. There are other services that offer the same type of thing but they have my loyalty.

I'll have to look into the Touring Plans thing. Do you enroll in that site, or have to be a member? I've never used them before.
If not, I'll just have to try with ADRs over and over to see if I get lucky and pop through.

You don't need to be a member of TouringPlans in order to use their reservation finder but the free version only lets you put in 2 requests at a time. I exclusively use the free one and was able to grab the Space 220 lounge.

Also try checking closer to your desired day. On my last trip I was looking for a completely different restaurant and I saw Space 220 (along with other popular places) pop up about a week beforehand.

Thank you. I will give it a go - since I really only want to look for that one reservation. I'm staying at Boardwalk DVC, so I could really go on any of the 5 nights I'm there, not just my Epcot day (for dinner at least), and I'd be fine with lounge or restaurant.

If you can't get the ADR, try walking up that morning when they open to get on a same day list for the lounge or sometimes the restaurant. Many recent reports from vloggers doing just that. Good luck!

I was signed up for a reservation finder for a couple of Space 220 dates/times. In the 60 days between my ADR day and trip I received no alerts. However, I did get several during my trip (1 or 2 days before the openings).

I don't mean to sound stupid, but what is Space 220? When I search the Hollywood Studios Galaxy's Edge restaurants, I don't see it.

I don't mean to sound stupid, but what is Space 220? When I search the Hollywood Studios Galaxy's Edge restaurants, I don't see it.
You don't sound stupid at all.

It's a new space-themed eatery in EPCOT positioned (appropriately) immediately to the right of Mission Space.

We've been once, and found it to be really cool. It begins with a 220-mile (hence the name) space "elevator" ride to the space station as you watch down and up as you leave Florida and arrive on station. The dining area has several cool HD display "windows" that present a cool view of the Earth below and spacecraft activity.

There have been mixed reviews of the food, but we very much liked it.

Keep an eye out after you arrive to WDW also. We were unable to get anything for our Christmas trip and like clockwork for 3 or 4 days in a row something would pop up for the following day. People will cancel, you just have to be diligent in looking.

You don't need to be a member of TouringPlans in order to use their reservation finder but the free version only lets you put in 2 requests at a time.

Just wanted to note that even a paid subscriber of TouringPlans only allows you 2 reservation finder requests at a time. It's a great tool though!

We managed Space 220 without much hassle. It's a reservation for 6 on a Saturday, BUT I will say we planned it as far out on our trip as we could, I went for it first thing on ADR day, and there was only one time slot available. It seems like if I hadn't gone for that first I would have been SOL.

On the other hand, the tradeoff is I also really wanted Topolino for breakfast and since I went for Space 200 I missed my chance for Topolino.

I planned for Space 220 towards the end of our trip to get us in. We have 6 people and I went for it first before anything else. There were about 3 times for dinner and 2 for lunch available. I also ended up moving our second Epcot day afterwards to match the day we were able to get lunch reservations at Space 220.

I hope you get it!

Hi I'm currently trying to get a booking for space 220 we are due to go to WDW from the 26/06 to mid July and we are having no luck with the app or desktop. I have been on everyday refreshing just before the bookings go live and it goes straight from we can't provide times as of yet to nothing available as soon as it goes live , how is this possible? Is anyone else getting this? P.s I've also singed up to mouse dining to let me know when one is free.

Hi I'm currently trying to get a booking for space 220 we are due to go to WDW from the 26/06 to mid July and we are having no luck with the app or desktop. I have been on everyday refreshing just before the bookings go live and it goes straight from we can't provide times as of yet to nothing available as soon as it goes live , how is this possible? Is anyone else getting this? P.s I've also singed up to mouse dining to let me know when one is free.
If you are going on June 26, your dining window opened up back in April. Space 220 reservations go very quickly so you have to try and book at your 60 day window. You may get lucky with the alerts, if not, try the day before you want to go because people do cancel.

Thank you, I went to do this a couple of weeks back and it would not let me unfortenrtly, I have no idea why. I am trying everyday to book for the next day so for example tomorrow I will try for the 8th of July as right now it doesn't even give me the option so I am not sure what is going on but it just goes straight from can't give times to nothing available in literally 1 second. I hope this makes sense? Is it something I am doing wrong or is it the website? Thank you.

Thank you, I went to do this a couple of weeks back and it would not let me unfortenrtly, I have no idea why. I am trying everyday to book for the next day so for example tomorrow I will try for the 8th of July as right now it doesn't even give me the option so I am not sure what is going on but it just goes straight from can't give times to nothing available in literally 1 second. I hope this makes sense? Is it something I am doing wrong or is it the website? Thank you.
Tomorrow you will be able to book for July 7, since May has 31 days. Count back 60 days from whatever day you are trying to book. If you are staying on Disney property, you can book 60 days out plus 10. If not, then at 60 days.

Ah okay thank you. Yeah sorry I meant the 7th not the 8th. I am not staying at a Disney property so this might have something to do with it? From what I read online I was under the assumption it was 60 days for everyone for dinning reservations, Explains a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter