how early can you depart the FOS

gduvall

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to make a 11:20 flight at Melbourne, FL. I'm trying to find out how early i can get off of ship to make this flight.

I don't have the specifics in my head, but given that it seems to be fairly close to PC it's not as scary (maybe) as getting to MCO.

But...if there's a delay in arrival or customs clearing the ship, what then? I'm pretty sure people started being let off Freedom in January at about 7:30, but if that doesn't happen for some reason, what's your plan?

I'm trying to make a 11:20 flight at Melbourne, FL. I'm trying to find out how early i can get off of ship to make this flight.

We sailed on FOS a few years ago and were able to do express departure at around 630 a.m. So you shouldn't have any problems.

We sailed on FOS a few years ago and were able to do express departure at around 630 a.m. So you shouldn't have any problems.

Remember that if you choose express departure, you must carry all your luggage off the ship yourself. I believe another option is to sign up for early departure. You will be off the ship right after express departure. As was posted earlier, all this is dependent on the ship being cleared by customs and immigration officials. The ship has no control over when the all clear is given.

My husband and I were able to depart FOS and be at rope drop for Magic Kingdom on 7/6. We had to have a taxi take us to the rental car bldg b/c they did not begin their shuttles until approx 7:30 - 8:00. We were off of the ship by 6:45am and did not want to wait so we shared the taxi with another family. You will have no problem making it to the airport AS LONG AS the ship arrives to PC on time and is cleared quickly. Good Luck!

We just got off FOS a couple weeks ago. We were assigned group 2 (7:15). We walked off around 7:30. We got our luggage then found the shuttle to the rental car. We picked up the car and drove to Melbourne. We were at our hotel (about 2 miles from the airport) around 9:15.

Now, everything worked "perfect" for us. There were no customs delays, we were one of the first groups called off, the rental car shuttle filled up quickly, and we were the first ones to get the rental car.

I think in your case I would arrange for a car service/shuttle to meet me at the pier for the trip to MLB.

MLB is a small airport (we flew out of there on Monday). As long as you get there 60-90 minutes before your flight you should be fine.

Just got off Freedom Sunday (7/20) and the first off were around 6:30am. (I believe we got to port a bit late as well?)

gduvall said:

It can depend on your category of stateroom too. If you have a Grand Suite, you will be one of the first people off of the ship.

You can also take off your own luggage. That can speed things up.

CMDTA said:
It can depend on your category of stateroom too. If you have a Grand Suite, you will be one of the first people off of the ship.

Just got off the freedom this morning at 6:40 am. We did express though.

We were not in a suite. I also understand if you don't like your assigned off time, you can go to guest services and get reassigned to a time that works better for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter