How does the weather feel?

Bryn

Earning My Ears
We're heading to WDW in 2 weeks. I've been checking the weather online and it sayd 26 degrees and sunny........but that can be misleading! How does it *feel*?
Assuming that it stays around 26 for our trip, is it pants & Tshirt weather? Shorts? Will we be able to go swimming?

Thanks!!

:sunny: 26 is the expected high temp, so I would not expect to spend very much time in shorts. It's more pants and tee shirt weather, with maybe a sweatshirt as backup or for the evenings (when it goes down into the teens). Note that there have been times when we were there in January when the temp was down in the single digits (40s-50s fahrenheit) and we needed light jackets.

But heck, as long as the pond isn't frozen, it's swimming weather in my book. Many of my neighbours here in the Deep South;) (Massachusetts) disagree, and surely anyone from the real South is not gonna be doing much swimming with weather in the upper teens/ low 20s, so you'll have those nice heated pools to yourselves; well, if you're at WL, my family will also be in the pools. :)

And if you should underpack, you can always buy a sweatshirt or shorts should the weather demand that of you (didn't you need another piece of clothing with Mickey on it anyway?). Have a great trip!

I suppose it is all relative. I myself cannot stand a day that goes any higher than 28, especially if there is humidity(it is why I love Hawaii so much, always perfect weather in my books). A few years ago we went down to Disney in early April. It was in the high 80's(28/29/30) the whole time and I thought my family and I were going to perspire to death. I was so uncomfortable standing in line waiting for rides etc and we all ended up so exhausted from the heat after just a few hours in the parks. The sun can beat down quite fiercely, warming a 26 degree day and making it fell more like 28, if there is no cloud cover. I think you will be swimming if the weather stays like it has been!

It is fantastic here today. We just got out of the pool at 4:00 p.m. It is sunny and 79F. There is a slight breeze. We are in shorts but after dark it does cool down. It has been over 70F since NC where we spent the night on Sunday. The long range forecast is 76F plus for the next seven days. Great weather for a Dis vacation. WE are here until the 19th.

Nepean

I will take a cool, breezy 26 over this -8 crap we are getting right now! I just hope the weather stays warm in Florida until we get there and home again Jan 21-28! We went 3 years ago for New Years and we froze - there was actually frost on the ground! We had always joked that we brought the cold Canadian weather with us anywhere we travelled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter