How does 180+10 work with a split stay?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
I remember that when my booking window opens, as we're staying on site we can book for up to 10 days beyond that first available date. We usually take advantage of this as we stay for 10 nights or more.

What we've never done before is have 2 stays shorter than this 10 (we have a 4 night stay, a 3 night cruise in the middle, then a 6 night stay).

When my first window opens, can I also book for the first 3 nights of our 6 night stay (which would be within the 10 count), or not, because our first stay is only 4 nights long?

The last 3 nights I know I'd definitely have to wait for the new window of the second resort booking to open...

Can anyone advise?

I think you'll only be able to book for the number of days for your first res. The balance of your trip will open up at the 180 day window for the second res. That's how it worked for me anyway with a split stay, could only book first part once that window opened, had to wait for the second window to book the balance.

That would make sense - I just wasn't sure whether the system took you to your check out date, or just a default +10.

Thanks for your help!

I think you'll only be able to book for the number of days for your first res. The balance of your trip will open up at the 180 day window for the second res. That's how it worked for me anyway with a split stay, could only book first part once that window opened, had to wait for the second window to book the balance.

According to the ultimate split stay thread, this is accurate, unfortunately.

FP, though, is seamless with a split stay. I just did it myself for a 4/2 split in May. I was able to make all 7 days of FP at once, 60 days before my first check-in.

According to the ultimate split stay thread, this is accurate, unfortunately.

FP, though, is seamless with a split stay. I just did it myself for a 4/2 split in May. I was able to make all 7 days of FP at once, 60 days before my first check-in.
Ah, that's worth knowing for future - on this occassion it would just take us to the final day of the cruise though as we have that break in the middle, so we'll still be working to the two windows for that as well...

Disney does not recognize "split stays" which is an internet term. To Disney you have two separate reservations, especially since you have a cruise between the two DW visits, but it would be the same even if the two DW visits are consecutive. Dining reservations can only be booked from check in date to check out date for each resort reservation up to a maximum of 10 days (180 + 10 or the length of the stay).

Yes, this is correct. My 180 day window opened this morning for my 1st reservations at POFQ. Even though the entire length of my stay was highlighted on the calendar, I could only make reservations through the last day of the first reservation. I was able to make a reservation at 6:00 PM on my check-out day, I thought this was interesting as the check-out time would be 11:00 am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter