How do you plan what to do with your 'free' time?

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
I am struggling with figuring out what to do on our free afternoons (Spirit of America) because I'm not entirely sure what all is included in the mornings. For example, I really want to go to Ford Theater. If it's not included, then I should go ahead and get advance tickets. OTOH, I hate to pay for advance tickets if that's something that we will do as a group.

You could call Adventures by Disney to see if it's included. I'm sure they will tell you what you will be seeing without spoiling any surprises that the guides might have.

Also, I thought the itinerary on our Viva Italia trip was pretty accurate. It provided all the main sights for each day.

When we went to china... our free time... we scheduled things that were obviously not included... like Ritan Park... Temple of the Sun... Summer Palace... and knew that even if they happened to be included we would have been able to find things to do there that were overlooked due to time constraints by ABD.
It worked out pretty well...
and we saw some awesome things

I am struggling with figuring out what to do on our free afternoons (Spirit of America) because I'm not entirely sure what all is included in the mornings. For example, I really want to go to Ford Theater. If it's not included, then I should go ahead and get advance tickets. OTOH, I hate to pay for advance tickets if that's something that we will do as a group.

Last year it was not part of the trip the wife and I went along with another couple to see it,the tickets were free as the the house across the street were he died was free to.Hope this helps.The International Spy Museum was just a few blocks away we went their and I thought it was cool

1) go visit "the Castle" and pay homage to James Smithson.
(The Castle is a nice way to see how it all got started).

2). Visit the National Archives.

3). Take a few pics of the White House...and those funky colored squirrels that roam one side of the White House;).

4). tour the monuments at night tour is good. This is something you pay for through the hotel.

5). Ford's Theatre? No - it's not part of this tour - it's something u would do on your own.

6) Quick trip to the Watergate??

7). Georgetown?

8).

All in all - WOW! there is soooooooooo much to see in "The Mall" areas during your free time as well.popcorn::

Enjoy & let us know how your adventure went.:woohoo:

P.S. That guys last name is Whitman....Bob Whitman and his book is called, "Priceless."
hope that helps!.....just makes me wonder who in the world wud wanna steal the US Bill of Rights.......

T.T.F.N.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter