How do you let go?

Lil_Tink

<font color=blue>Working my way up to the top..<br
Ok. So basically there is this one friend who I just really need to begin to break away from. She is an amazing friend, but sometimes I just can't handle her. She is INCRIDIBLY jealous to the point where she doesnt even want me talking to her best friend who is also my friend. Once she even said "Its nice that you and _____ are becoming friends, but ______ is my friend so BACK OFF!". I was appalled. Also, its the same with boys. I have no interest in anything but friendship with the boy she likes, and made that COMPLETLY clear to him and she basically told me I couldn't even talk to him. Its hard, because I am going on vacation with her this summer, but as the summer goes on, I was thinking of slowly breaking things off. I just really havent been able to handle her and how sometimes she makes me feel. She is the smartest girl in the school, and always helps me with stuff, but when she helps me makes me feel completly idiotic stating how easy that was for her and stuff. How can I let go without making a big deal out of it?

slowly cut her off completely from you.

like, block her on MSN or whatever, then get rid of her number, then stop talking to her all together.

I kinda have the same problem. I have a friend who came be really fun to hang out with but she can be really mean and I've grown to not like some of the things that she does. Since we barely ever talk anymore I just figured that I would just continue that and most of my classes I shouldn't have with her so that would be an added bonus.

I agree with Shelby.
Block her or delete her off MSN.
If she calls, make it short and sweet, and don't call her.
Make more plans with other friends.
Eventually she will get that you don't want to be friends, or she'll go off herself.

Well, what they say could work but I think you sould tell her why you don't want to be friends anymore, and then do all that stuff. I have a friend who is so funny and nice to be with, but she used to do everything I did. She still does it, but not as much. Everytime I become really good friends with someone she starts talking to them more and more and then she goes around saying things like "so and so is my biggest buddy!" (I know, hard to belive we are in high school.) I have this one friend who all my other friends thought was annoying but I thought she was so sweet and funny and I finally tell them to back of and what do ya know, this girl is my other friends new "best buddy". Some days she is so frustrating, other days, noot so much.:confused3 You should handle this the best way that you think you can. Good luck! :wizard: And remember, theres someone like this is everyones life, and everyone handles it differently.

i have this same problem. i have a friend who is so jealous of other people around me that she "hates" the rest of our friends and doesnt want me around anyone but her. she's posessive and mean. and she doesnt seem to see it. she takes everything i like and makes it her own. ive always wanted to someday be a princess in wdw, and now shes telling me how her managers all tell her that she "looks just like belle!", and ive always wanted a dollfie, now she wants one, etc. at first it was annoying, now ive become to hate all the little things she does.

Confront her. Tell her how you feel, maybe she'll stop. If not then she probably doesn't deserve to be your friend.

Do it gently, it can be hard, esspecially if she doesnt have any other real friends. Don't do it whilst on or before your holiday cause that would make it really awkward! Try and talk to tell her how much you value her friendship, but your worried you are spending so much time together that you havent been able to develop friendships elsewhere. Tell her how much you enjoy being with her, but suggest that it would be easier if you went out in a group or tried to meet new people. Try and keep her as your freind, cause the worst thing is if you need her for something else later on, like if she's smart, homework help, but have broken all ties.

It can be really hard, and try and ease the thought into her mind, rather than get into an argument, cause you never know when your gonna need another friend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter