How do you go about figuring NET carbs????

mum4jenn

<font color=purple>My dd is the love of my life!!<
I have recently seen things written about carbs and NET carbs. I am so confused. How do you know what to subtract to get to net carbs?? I read the info on the Atkins website but I am still a bit confused.Can anyone help me??

At the risk of confusing you some more...and the only reason I am attempting this is because it is late...and you may have to wait til the AM to get a professional answer...LOL.

If you are reading a label and it says "Total Carbs" 10g

underneath it should list the "dietery Carbs" 4g

if it has sugar alcohol listed 4g

You SUBTRACT the dietery carbs and the sugar alcohol listed so you would subtract the 8 carbs from the 10 carbs and get a NET of 2 Carbs.

I am pretty sure this is how it works...If you read the back of an Atkins Bar...it explains it too...thats how I kinda figured it out.

Hope this helped
Tracy

Net carbs refers to the number of carbohydrates in a food that your body will assimilate.

Take the total number of carbs and subtract any carbohydrates from fiber.

Some people are also able to subtract the carbohydrates from sugar alcohols like Isomalt and Maltilol. Some people are sensitive to sugar alcohols and have to include those carbohydrates in their daily carbohydrate allowance.

So, as an example for you, sunflower seeds:

Total carbohydrates: 5 grams
Dietary fiber: 2 grams

Net carbohydrate content: 3 grams per serving

Well said Kath...I knew I should have just waited for the professionals...LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!