How do YOU get in the parks?

Old magic bands. I have a few favorites I bought not too long ago, the pink snacks one and a red Minnie one, plus a rainbow one I bought for my May 2020 trip that was much delayed.

Magic Bands. It's convenient. I love having wrist bands at any resort/hotel to access or our room. It makes life much easier IMO.

We did a resort in another city this summer and I opted for the key cards (it was only two nights and I didn't think it would be an issue). What a PITA with a young adult and teenager. Half the time none of us could remember which pocket we put our card.

Apple Watch. All the adults in our party had them and had no issues with any of the touch points. We also had no problems using Apple Watch for Memory Maker photos. I used my regular Apple Pay for for in park purchases as I didn't want to have to sift thru a bunch of charges on my hotel folio. It just made it easier to track purchases by using my credit card attached to Apple Pay.

Magic Bands from previous trips.
We used to get new bands every trip until they stopped giving out the free ones with your stay. I also liked having the new bands as we had photopass with our APs. Now that we don't have APs anymore, not worried about photopass, so the old bands will work for us for years.

How do you get in the parks these days? We have old Magicbands but I don't see them on MDE. Last year we just used magicbands for eveything.
Do YOU use Magicbands, phone, watch, or something else? Apple Watch seemed to be inconsistent the last time we tried it.
We leave in about two weeks.
Old MBs. If I forget my MB, I use my watch.

Although we'll have MBs (some old, some new), we're adding the MagicMobile pass to our phones/watches just in case. If anybody, say, forgets their band back in the hotel room!

Have always used magic bands. Tried the app on my phone once but liked the simplicity of the bands and not fumbling around for my phone

Keep using the old ones until they become suspect. I want it to still work for ride photos. Otherwise, I'll just buy another one. It's my preferred method of passport.

They can issue them at the turnstile, but if you're in a group, it would be a courtesy to those behind you to go to a ticket booth or GR first because it takes a few minutes to issue each card.
I think I'll hit up GS at springs the day before we go to apark and get physical tix to use...early in day to avoid crowds there- I have an old school MB I think it still works, I'll try it when I get there

I bought a regular magic band for my November/ December trip. I will be using it again in April

My wife and I have MB from previous trips but are taking new family members for the first time...I can't find anywhere to purchase new MB, except for MB+ on ShopDisney...

So we will still be able to just get the card type tickets at the front desk of BLT? That's probably what we will do if it's still an option!

We used MBs on our September trip. Will probably do that again on our as-yet-unscheduled visits this year.

I am wondering this too... we have some really old MBs (original I think 7 yo). Is there anywhere to check to see if they work before going into parks? Also curious about the slider for apple watch... once you pop out the RFID can you put it back in? I have an old Christmas one I would like to use but not going at Christmas :) I bought one new MB+ but it was over $150 for us all to get new... $$$ :crazy2:

I am wondering this too... we have some really old MBs (original I think 7 yo). Is there anywhere to check to see if they work before going into parks? Also curious about the slider for apple watch... once you pop out the RFID can you put it back in? I have an old Christmas one I would like to use but not going at Christmas :) I bought one new MB+ but it was over $150 for us all to get new... $$$ :crazy2:
No way to test an older MB under actually at WDW and you attempt to use it. As long as it's marked as active in MDE, it should work for most functions where you need to touch the MB to a reader (park entry, room entry, virtual queue entry, lighting lane entry, room charging, etc).

The puck on MagicBand 2 and MagicBand+ is held in by a retainer ring which is secured by four (very) small screws.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter