How do you find out if Hagrids will open as stand by or virtual line?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
First timer for hagrids in early june. We are planning on doing IOA saturday and sunday and them US on monday.

My question is if there is any way to tell how hagrids will be opening (stand by or virtual line) in advance? Is there anything else I should be aware of as far as hagrid openings? We qre staying at HRH by early park admission is at universal all 3 days of our trip.

Thanks for the help!

We checked the Universal app at park opening each day.
It may also switch durning the day so check the app day of often.

I am not sure what equation they use? Hagrids was stand by on a Friday (busy) but virtual on Tuesday (not really that busy) when we were there last week?

It opens as standby every day (unless the opening is delayed by it being down) for rope drop. It may switch to VQ within the first few minutes if the crowd is really big, or it might not. it is all about the amount of people in the line - and how the ride is running. If it running poorly., they may switch to VQ to keep people from extended waits (and extending the line out into common areas).

First timer for hagrids in early june. We are planning on doing IOA saturday and sunday and them US on monday.

My question is if there is any way to tell how hagrids will be opening (stand by or virtual line) in advance? Is there anything else I should be aware of as far as hagrid openings? We qre staying at HRH by early park admission is at universal all 3 days of our trip.

Thanks for the help!

Universal anticipates what the crowd will be the day before. For example on Wednesday they believed that Thursday would be really crowded so they were already saying that it would be a virtual queue on Wednesday afternoon. Then on Thursday morning around 8 am, Hagrid's even popped up in the virtual page.

But then I think they measured the crowd on city walk and assessed that it wasn't going to be as crowded as they expected (the rain forecast probably deterred some people) so they pulled the virtual queue right before 9 am and never brought it back. Once they determine it will be a stand by day, I believe they keep it a stand by day for the whole day.

When you say they were already saying on Wednesday that Thursday would be a virtual queue day, how would you hear that? Where do I find that kind of information at?

When you say they were already saying on Wednesday that Thursday would be a virtual queue day, how would you hear that? Where do I find that kind of information at?

I went to the front entrance of the Hagrid ride (next to Ollivander's) and asked one of the cast members and he told me that Thur and Fri were probably going virtual based on the crowd pattern on Mon and Wed.

However it rained on Thur so it was stand by line and today also seems to be stand by line. I think alot of it like weather and if everyone goes to the Disney parks on a particular day is out of their control.

see my post above. we have been over 20 times in the last year - if you get there for rope drop or EPA, you will be able to walk back and get in line for standby. If you are not in line when the gates open, plan for trying the VQ at the allotted times.

see my post above. we have been over 20 times in the last year - if you get there for rope drop or EPA, you will be able to walk back and get in line for standby. If you are not in line when the gates open, plan for trying the VQ at the allotted times.

I don't believe they are doing that anymore.
It's either stand by all day or virtual queue all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter