How do you book with a travel agent?

Momof5cubs

Mouseketeer
What are your payment options? I want to book my Dec 2005 trip now through a TA. I am not sure if I can pay it off monthly or if I should put the balance on my credit card and pay that off monthly so it will all be payed for before I go.

If you book a package, you will need to pay the balance off at least 45 days prior to departure, regardless of the TA you use. Those are the WDWTC's requirements.

If you're booking room-only ressies, you only need to make a one-night's deposit and the balance needs to be paid at check in.

Most TA's will take "installment" payments that can be done by credit card, debit card or check.

My own feelings are that you should take those monthly payments, put them in an interest-bearing savings account. Then pay the trip off when you have to. Why give Disney an interest-free loan for up to 1 year?

Plus, since there are no discount rates out yet for Dec. 2005, there is the possibility that your rate could go down, leaving you with either a room credit or waiting for a refund.

It depends on the agent (agency) and it also depends on how they are booking your travel arrangements. If they are booking through a tour company then you may only need to pay a deposit and the balance will be due 90 days or so from departure. Some agencies offer flexible payment plans but most will want your credit card and you will either have to pay in full or pay a deposit (probably $200).
Make sure you understand all terms and conditions - cancel or change fees and any penalties that are imposed by the agency and the company they are booking your travel arrangements with.
Also make sure your travel agent really knows WDW and has a lot of experience making travel arrangements there.
Good luck!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts