How do i stay dry on Splash Mountain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's summer I don't mind not wearing a poncho, but that's me. I'd probably feel different if it's cool out, though. Of my family of four I usually get the most wet because I somehow always get elected to sit in the front and my face and the front of my shirt gets wet, but I find it refreshing (we go in August). My shorts get wet because of the seat. If you decide to go sans poncho you could throw a towel to wipe the seat off and a plastic shopping bag in your purse to wrap your purse in.

I haven’t been to Disney in years and remember loving this ride but HATED when the water cannon would spray you toward the end. I don’t mind getting a little wet from the falls, but do they still have the water cannon that blasts after every car drops down the big hill? (I think it’s to make an artificial “splash”)

We've only gotten very wet once, but it was enough for us to go prepared from now on. We got stalled at the end of the ride where the waterfall is coming down and it just soaked us head to toe.

I have only been on the DLR version of Splash, but our first time experience there was hilarious as it was just me and my husband in the log and (Splash at DLR is single file) I sat in the very front and he sat right behind me. WRONG, BAD, TERRIBLE IDEA. It was like getting a bucket of water right to the face!
Agree! Except mine was a wave. Basically it was like jumping straight into a pool. I went to the bathroom and rung my shirt out.

Do NOT let your significant other ask the CM at the loading dock "which seat will we get the least wet in?". My DH did just that and lo and behold guess who ended up in the first row? :sad2:

I sit behind one of the big kids or a friend and at last second I cuddle into their back ha ha it works :)

Couple questions about Splash mountain:

1. Can I wear water shoes (the ones that totally cover your feet but are sort of rubbery and mesh- like material?

2. Is it possible to change into flip flops/water shoes at the last minute?

3. Is there somewhere to keep my bag/purse during the ride where things won't get wet?

4. Is it silly/worth it to wear a poncho?[/QUOTE

As silly as I might look, I always wear one of the disposable ponchos from Walmart when I ride Splash. I cannot handle my shoes/clothes being drenched and then walking around all day. Worth the $.97 every time...

I’ve NEVER been on Splash... until this past November when I finally was brave enough to try it! I LOVED it!! Wish I tried it sooner! It will now be on my FP or must do list! However... I HATE wet clothes!!! It’s such a gross feeling! So to avoid getting possibly soaked, I will bring a poncho! Also, I’d avoid it if it’s cold out, cold weather + possibly wet clothes don’t mix!!!! Have fun!!!

Yes, this is very important. Sometimes there will be a bit of a hold here if there was an issue at the unload platform. If you are on the right side, this waterfall will be spraying you constantly and you will get more soaked than the splash from the drop could have ever gotten you. If you are on the left, your seatmate will block it for you. :D

Yep, I can attest to that! Had to leave the park and change completely. I am not one to enjoy being miserable until I dry naturally - and yes, I blocked DH! We stayed in that spot a full three minutes - that's a lot of time to be continually splashed in that spot!!

And to those of you that have never gotten wet and scorn poncho wearers - your time may come!! :D

I always change shoes. I take off tennis shoes and put them in my bag and put on flip flops. I can handle wet clothes but not wet shoes and socks. My husband wears a poncho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter