How do i get from the airport?

I assume you're flying to Charles de Gaulle. There is a frequent shuttle service, the NEA Navette (Tel: 0033 1 64 30 66 56), which goes from all the CDG terminals stopping at each of the DLP hotels. It costs about 15 Euros, and runs every 20 minutes or so during the day. Shuttle journey takes about an hour, and you can buy tickets on the bus (cash or credit card).

You can also take one of two train options: the RER or the TGV. The RER service involves travelling into Paris on Line B and then out to DLP on Line A. The TGV is a more direct service, but less frequent than the RER service.

Regards

Rob

Thanks rob

Is the shuttle easier than the train then, as it goes direct without changing? is it easy to find, once we get off the plane? And do you usually pay on the bus, or should i get the tickets before we get on?
thanks in advance

Sam

I normally drive to DLP, so I've not done the airport transfer. My understanding is that the NEA Navette is the most straightforward option as the buses call at each terminal building at CDG, and stop at each hotel at DLP. Of course, this could lead to some frustration on the bus if you are first to be collected at the airport and last to be dropped off at DLP. But as you say, there is no changing required. Others have reported that paying on the bus is the easiest option, although you might want to give them a call just to confirm arrangements.

Regards

Rob

The NEA shuttle is a reliable if plodding service every 15-20 minutes. It drops off first at Newport Bay, then Santa Fe, Seqoiua Lodge, Cheyenne and New York. Paying as you board is fine, and they even take credit cards. The TGV service is less frequent overall, but there are a good number of trains at peak times and the journey is only 13 minutes - less than half of the bus. I think I posted a note of the TGC services a while ago, so I'll look for it! The RER line is the longest service of the lot, and not recommended with a lot of luggage!

Which teminal will you be flying into at CDG? The Disney shuttle does NOT call at Terminal 3 (used to be Terminal 9). You have to catch the airport shuttle to take you from that terminal to any of the others, which depending on the amount of luggage and age of your travelling companions can be pretty easy or a real pain! But it does have a lot going for it - reasonably priced and once you're on it's an easy trip. I quite enjoy stopping outside the different hotels and watching all the excited children get off! But beware, it can take ages to get on. For some reason a lot of people have great problems working out how many children and adults are in their party, adding up the price and then handing over some Euros or a credit card!

I did consider the TGV for a while, but for the day and time we wanted to travel we had to prebook and I wasn't too sure what would happen if our plane was late, so I stuck to the shuttle. Coming back there were seven of us so we took the luxury of hiring a private shuttle van which took us straight to Terminal 3 without any hassle.

It drops off first at Newport Bay, then Santa Fe, Seqoiua Lodge, Cheyenne and New York.

I am sure that this is normally the case, but however on our last visit the driver seemed to start the other way round, with Newport Bay last!

Richard. :)

I used the bus service last week with no problems at all. We payed by credit card when we boarded the bus at Terminal 1 by gate 30. We then toured the airport to pick up more passengers and then we were the first stop at the Newport Bay Club. Going back to the airport we were the last to be picked up at the resort and the last to be dropped off at terminal 1.
Be sure to pick up a time table on the bus or at your hotel so you know what time the bus will take you back to the airport.
We considered the train but then we would have to lug our bags to the train and thru the station and then to the bus to the hotel.
Good luck
:earsgirl:

So am I right in thinking that if you get the TGV, you have to get a bus from the train station in DLP to your hotel ?
If so, how often do they run ?

The free hotel shuttles run by Disney to the on-site hotels stop outside the train station (the station is that close to the parks!). They run every 10 minutes or so.

Regards

Rob

Hi, we are still considering Disneyland Hotel for our September visit. Since the train station is so close to Disneyland Hotel, you think my husband and I (travelling with 4 year old son and 61 year old grandma) can drag our luggage (probably 3 large pieces + stroller) from the baggage claim to the train station; onto the TGV train for the 15 minutes ride; off the train at the Disney train station; and then roll ourselves and our luggages to the check-in counter at the Disneyland Hotel?

Are we crazy to even try? Better to take the VEA shuttle? Reluctant to try the taxi cabbie at the airport - probably get ripped off and/or refuse to take us with the number of passengers and excessive luggage.

Thanks for any advice.

Cynthia

Can't speak for the airport, but the walk from the train station to the entrance to the Disneyland hotel is very short (just a few minutes). Once you exit the station the walk to the hotel does not involve any steps or stairs, so wheeling suitcases and stollers is very easy.

Regards

Rob

tclowe,
I would also have to say it depends what part of the world you are coming from and how long you have been up and travelling. We opted for the bus since we have been up for almost 24 hours travelling. The bus took about 50 minutes from terminal 1 and dropped us off at the hotel lobby doors.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about the 15 min. train ride would be great. BUT if I have to transfer from terminal 1 to terminal 2, find the train station within terminal 2, purchase train tickets, and haul all our luggage & stroller onto the train after a 10 to 14 hour air flight (from San Francisco), I think I will stick to the bus shuttle. Easier to just come out of customs, get into the line for Disneyland shuttle and let the bus driver do the rest. The price of the train ride is probably almost the same as the shuttle cost per person.

Merci Beaucoup!:Pinkbounc

tclowe,
We only flew from JFK, in New York, and liked the bus. I could not imagine flying from the west coast then having to find the train station in another terminal. I think we waited less than 10 minutes for the bus to arrive at term. 1, gate 30. We did not find the shuttle to be well marked, we did have to ask where it was located. Go to gate 30 and take the lift down and you will see the sign as you exit the building.
Have a great trip - the castle is very pretty.

Thanks JillJill for the directions to the shuttle. You know how it is to be a foreign airport, don't know where you are going, searching for the English signs, and hoping that no one is targeting you as a pickpocketing/luggage snagging victim.

Now, is there a little counter near the shuttle stop to purchase the tickets for the shuttle ride?

I'm surprised that the airline tickets for September hasn't really dropped yet.

You just buy your ticket on the bus, they take credit cards and Euros. The bus sign is in English and French. You just stand on the sidewalk until the bus shows up.
Good luck on the airfare. Have a good trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!