How difficult is it to get a Race Bib for RunDisney

Sammyjo199

Mouseketeer
I really want to run the Star Wars WDW race in April. I am already booking my resort reservation to hold a spot. However, as a runner I have ran several half marathons and other races but never a run disney race. I heard the race sells out really quick. How hard is it to get a run disney bib? Do you need to get an annual pass (we are getting an annual pass but not till our trip in January). If getting on as soon as it opens to the public how hard is it to get a bib?

I really want to run the Star Wars WDW race in April. I am already booking my resort reservation to hold a spot. However, as a runner I have ran several half marathons and other races but never a run disney race. I heard the race sells out really quick. How hard is it to get a run disney bib? Do you need to get an annual pass (we are getting an annual pass but not till our trip in January). If getting on as soon as it opens to the public how hard is it to get a bib?
Being that the Star Wars race is inaugural and likely to be popular it will sell out quickly. If you are on the registration site right when registration opens you should not have any problems.

Ok. I will plan to being online right at that time! Any ideas what the typical run disney hotels are?

Ok. I will plan to being online right at that time! Any ideas what the typical run disney hotels are?
Well for races like marathon weekend in January and princess in February every hotel is a host resort. I don't know what hotels would be hosts for this race. Maybe due to popularity they will have every hotel but I don't think that info is out yet.

Typically hotels are the Epcot area resorts, All Stars, Coranado Spring, Carribean Beach, and another deluxe. For 2016 the other races have already said all resorts so it is possible it may be that as well we don't know yet.

If you do not get a bib via regular registration before they sell out, there is always the Charity and Travel Partner route.

Just yesterday, I saw on Marathonguide.net a charity selling bibs for the Dopey in January.

If you don't have early registration options like dvc or ap then I think the best option before regular registration is to use the travel providers. They get guaranteed bibs and usually early too. You should contact all of the approved providers to get on their lists now. You will have to buy additional things like hotels or park tickets but it is worth it. Only time I may not go with a TA is if they don't have bibs early.

Go to any of the current rundisney pages for the races and look for the travel provider and sign up for all of them...heck call if you can to see if you can get a guaranteed spot with them - I was able to get assurances that I have a spot reserved when they get their allocation because I purchased a different package from them before so I'm on the list.

Are you are DVC member? Just wondering because I see Kidani and BLT pictured/mentioned in your signature. If so, DVC gets early registration, personally for this race I would still get on right at noon on the first day of early registration, but I would be comfortable going that route. It is under special offers in the member extra's section. The travel provider route is a good one to secure registration, but if you don't need a hotel (due to DVC room) and you already have annual passes, then you have no use for the requirements of the travel providers.

Good luck!

Today I got an email from Acclaim Travel about bibs for this new race. If I were interested, I'd be signing up with them asap just so I don't have to deal with the craziness of actual registration. Go sign up for emails from them. If only to keep you informed and being reminded of things.

I signed up with Acclaim earlier today and spoke with Jim (before the email went out). I'm really hoping this works out because I'm already excited! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter