How did you get a suite?

Melora

Disney Dreaming
I REALLY would love to sail in the Cat 1 suite. (Well OK, Id take any of the suites!) But I have no idea as to how people manage to get booked into them.

Do you put yourself on a waiting list? Do you have to tell them WHEN you want to go or can you ask for anything available?

Please share how you scored!!!!

:wave2:

Well, we have been lucky enough to get both The Roy and The Walt Disney suites!! :cloud9:

We put ourselves on a waitlist...........to get either of the Cat. 1's be prepared to wait upwards of 2 years depending on what time of year you wish to cruise. Then it's just a hurry up and wait game.

I recommend getting in touch with SueEllen from Dreams....she can help you!

A cat 3 seems to be much easier to get. At least for me. As soon as the dates opened I called the 800#. For the cat 1 or 2 I would fax the request or email them. Good luck!

We called our TA 13 months ahead for a cat. 2 with a specific time frame in mind. The first choice was booked but we got the second. It was a long wait - but SO worth it. Great service by our concierges. :thumbsup2

First time we did it, I just called and asked when was the next Cat 1 available and took it. Second time, I managed to call right when they opened up and got the date I wanted. This time, I faxed to waitlist over 2 years ahead of time and got it. You definitely have to be flexible and a very good planner. Know your life basically. I booked our second, got pregnant and had a baby then went on the cruise leaving my 8 month old with my parents. LOL!! Always waitlist--even if you don't get it at first. People often cancel as the non-refund date gets closer. The only problem is the price is so much more than if you book early.

They are definitely worth it and it would be hard to cruise otherwise. We tend to not really partake in a lot of the cruise ship parties and spend more time lounging on the balconey or playing honeymooners in the cabin. My dh works such long hours, it is just enjoyable to have time and space to ourselves. And this is our 6th cruise, so we enjoy the time together.

Good luck getting one!

DG

Don't count on lots of cancellations anymore now that DCL has started making category 1-3 deposits nonrefundable.

Good luck!

Be flexible...just call DCL directly and ask for the date of the next opening for the cat you want. It's worked for me!

HTH

We must have just be very lucky. We(my TA) called just a touch over a year in advance of the dates we wanted to sail on. I expressed that I wanted a Cat.3-my TA called back and told me she had secured us 8532(mid-ship) and that it was the desirable Cat. 3's (for all those reasons....). At that point in time I didn't have a clue that there undesirable Cat. 3's, what the benefits of the mid-ship ones were, or that I could/should have been stressing that I wouldn't get my requests met without the need to be flexible with dates or itinerary or even waitlist.

It just all fell into place very easily for us. And for that, especially in hindsight, I am very grateful.

Time to go clean my house! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter