• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How did my viewfinder get off-center?

hemispheredancer

DVC/OKW 2000
I have a Kodak DC4800. I love my camera. For some time now I have noticed that when you take a pic thru the viewfinder, your subject is way off and sometimes not even in the picture. When it is really sunny and there is a lot of glare it is almost impossible to use the LCD. I have a new camera on my wish list. I think I want a Canon, but not sure which one. I currently use a Compact Flash card and would prefer using the same cards and not switch over to the SD cards. Any ideas?

We also have a DC4800. Love that camera. Not sure why you are having that problem. We always use the viewfinder and it has been right on target.

Have you visited any of the BB's on the internet for the Kodaks? I found this site useful when we first got the DC4800. They have merged all Kodaks together, but you could do a search.Kodak BB

We just broke down and finally got a digital SRL.

Highly recommended....And it uses CF cards! Nikon D70S

Good luck! :wave:

You must've not noticed it before. The location of the lens and the viewfinder are not align, furthermore it's not an SLR, you will always have the parallax error because of that. The more zoomed in / closer you are to the object, the more parallax error you will notice.

Kelly Grannell said:
You must've not noticed it before. The location of the lens and the viewfinder are not align, furthermore it's not an SLR, you will always have the parallax error because of that. The more zoomed in / closer you are to the object, the more parallax error you will notice.
Very true. But to further make matters worse neither the view finder nor the LCD screen on any point and shoot be it film or digitol is accurate. In general you get a larger area then you can see in the view finder as well as the LCD which isn't nessicarily a bad thing. But they are never accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter