How crowded is Legoland these days?

WishUponAStar3

Believer In Big Dreams!
We are considering a one-day visit to Legoland on September 7th while vacationing in Carlsbad- our son is 4 and obsessed with Legos, so it feels like a must-do! That being said, he's too young to be vaccinated, so we're definitely nervous about going into packed crowds. However, I had heard or thought that Legoland doesn't have the mega crowds of Disney- do you think we'd be able to socially distance at all while there on a Tuesday in September? I also have N95 masks for all of us.

Grateful in advance for any advice!

Legoland typically isn’t all that busy compared to what a crowded day at Disney feels like. And especially not crowded during a weekday.

So, crowds shouldn’t be bad, and Legoland has lots of wide open space so you never need to be jammed up in a crowd.

However, when I was there earlier in the summer, they no longer had any distancing measures in place in lines, so distancing in attraction queues might be difficult if you are looking to have no one within 6 feet around you.

We are considering a one-day visit to Legoland on September 7th while vacationing in Carlsbad- our son is 4 and obsessed with Legos, so it feels like a must-do! That being said, he's too young to be vaccinated, so we're definitely nervous about going into packed crowds. However, I had heard or thought that Legoland doesn't have the mega crowds of Disney- do you think we'd be able to socially distance at all while there on a Tuesday in September? I also have N95 masks for all of us.

Grateful in advance for any advice!

We were just there this past Sunday and Monday. It was not crowded at all compared to Disney, especially on Monday (I assume because most schools are back in session). Most of the rides were a very short wait and all of the ride lines except for a portion of Emmett's Flying Adventure and the Submarine ride are outdoors. We've been three times previously, including on an early May weekday, and this was the least crowded I've seen it.

However, I agree with the previous post that they are not enforcing any masking (they still have signs saying it's mandatory indoors for non-vaccinated individuals, but zero enforcement. I would say 75% of the clearly under 12 kids I saw were not wearing masks and many staff members weren't either) or distancing whatsoever. A line staff member looked at me like I was crazy for suggesting that part of the line for Emmett's Flying Adventure was unsafe (while it is outdoors, they cram everyone into a tiny space to stand on numbers before the indoor preshow). My friend's son had broken his elbow on the first day of our visit but was soldiering through with a temporary splint and people were seriously jostling him in this line in particular because there are no separations at all (part of the reason he broke his elbow is that he was on the outdoor play structure at the Castle Hotel and was being swarmed by unmasked kids, which made him so uncomfortable he lost his grip and fell down).

Last edited:
We were just there this past Sunday and Monday. It was not crowded at all compared to Disney, especially on Monday (I assume because most schools are back in session). Most of the rides were a very short wait and all of the ride lines except for a portion of Emmett's Flying Adventure and the Submarine ride are outdoors. We've been three times previously, including on an early May weekday, and this was the least crowded I've seen it.

However, I agree with the previous post that they are not enforcing any masking (they still have signs saying it's mandatory indoors for non-vaccinated individuals, but zero enforcement. I would say 75% of the clearly under 12 kids I saw were not wearing masks and many staff members weren't either) or distancing whatsoever. A line staff member looked at me like I was crazy for suggesting that part of the line for Emmett's Flying Adventure was unsafe (while it is outdoors, they cram everyone into a tiny space to stand on numbers before the indoor preshow). My friend's son had broken his elbow on the first day of our visit but was soldiering through with a temporary splint and people were seriously jostling him in this line in particular because there are no separations at all (part of the reason he broke his elbow is that he was on the outdoor play structure at the Castle Hotel and was being swarmed by unmasked kids, which made him so uncomfortable he lost his grip and fell down).

Oh wow, that poor kid! I hope his elbow heals quick. Thank you so much for this feedback, great to know it is not too busy and mostly outdoors. We will keep our masks on the whole time if we go, which will hopefully protect us enough even with mostly everyone else maskless? Fingers crossed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!