How crazy busy will November 2019 with Star Wars GE opening??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine there are a LOT of people waiting to book when a firm opening date for GE is announced. Coupling that with the holidays, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Disney. It will be nice I think for people going just before it opens.
Star Wars will be many times the Pandora and Toy Story Land openings. Think they would be better off pushing the opening until after the beginning of the year. I also expect some hefty price increases this year.. Disney is going to want to cash in big time.

I'm also imagining that park will be super crowded on 5/4/2020.

We've been on 5/4 and 5/5 the last few years and they really don't do much of anything for it. Some special magic bands and pins. You'd think they would take advantage of the built in marketing. Maybe they will this year.

We're not going back until Spring Break 2020 and I'm prepared for it to be a full mob scene.

We changed our usual November trip to August to avoid the potential crowds. None of us are huge Star Wars fans and we hope (but don’t expect) that some people may push their trips later to November to catch the opening. Now I just have to prepare for the heat...

We are staying at BCV from 11-8 to 11-15. This will be daughter's 16 birthday trip and she picked world over land even though she is a Star Wars fan. My girls like World better and my husband and I like land better. I would have picked land because of SWGE but she wanted world. It will be interesting it that week will be crazy busy or not.

We are thinking maybe the week before Thanksgiving Might be OK. Not really sure. We can't go during the summer ( or any time the heat is bad because of medical reasons). I wish they would wait till after the holidays before opening Star Wars.

I still think they're gonna wait till December to open this land, possibly to coincide with episode 9's release. They seem to prefer opening lands now around peak times now though I don't know why that is. I can only guess that they want to take advantage when tickets and hotel rooms are expected to be at their highest rates.

I wonder if the other parks will feel less crowded then if ppl schedule more days to be in DHS now than they used to when there wasn’t much to do. With DS still being so young, we won’t be too interested in GE for at least a few years so hoping MK gets some much needed relief crowd-wise.

I still think they're gonna wait till December to open this land, possibly to coincide with episode 9's release. They seem to prefer opening lands now around peak times now though I don't know why that is. I can only guess that they want to take advantage when tickets and hotel rooms are expected to be at their highest rates.
I’d love if this were true b/c we want to go back Thanksgiving week again but worried it’ll make those crowds even worse.

We went the week after Jersey Week this past November, which ended up being Veterans Day week and it was absolutely mobbed. We had to do so, because some people we were going with only could do that week.

We usually go the week before or after Thanksgiving, which has proven to be perfect, though with the nature of what Disney has become, may be over. My wife and I are going back at the end of February, just so we could enjoy Disney the way we're used to. We are definitely planning next November as well, but are going back to our normal time. If SWGE opens up in that vicinity, we'll definitely be avoiding HS.

Wow. Were you there the entire week? Nov 12-16? Was it mobbed after Veteran's Day? The entire week?

Did you avoid the parks with Extra Magic Hours? Or did you do the parks on those days?

Wow. Were you there the entire week? Nov 12-16? Was it mobbed after Veteran's Day? The entire week?

Did you avoid the parks with Extra Magic Hours? Or did you do the parks on those days?

@DisneyMom93 We were there from the Saturday the 10th to Sunday the 18th. It lightened up a bit during the middle of the week, but ramped up again towards the following weekend. We did MVMCP on the 16th and the crowds were insane, which was a far contrast to the previous years, where we literally had the park to ourselves. Looking at the crowd calendars, the whole week was supposed to be low to moderate, but this was definitely not the case.

We never really take advantage of extra magic hours, but we also don't let it affect whether or not we go to a park on a certain day. We generally plan the days based on what dining and fast passes that we end up getting during the advanced bookings, then while there, we'll try and get spur of the moment ones based on what's available.

Being that we tend to make a trip every year we've become less concerned with missing out on stuff and have gravitated more towards doing new things like tours and events, etc.

On our November trip, there were no FOP fast passes to be found for the whole week booking 60 days out, but I was able to get SDD without an issue. We did FOP the year before, so that was good enough for us. Coincidentally, we're going back in February (trying a different time of year) and there were no SDD Fast passes, but I was able to get FOP without a problem. It's the luck of the draw and as the expansions progress, it likely will not get any easier. One thing about us Disney fanatics is that we're all gluttons for punishment and will continue to subject ourselves to this punishment, hahaha.

@DisneyMom93 We were there from the Saturday the 10th to Sunday the 18th. It lightened up a bit during the middle of the week, but ramped up again towards the following weekend. We did MVMCP on the 16th and the crowds were insane, which was a far contrast to the previous years, where we literally had the park to ourselves. Looking at the crowd calendars, the whole week was supposed to be low to moderate, but this was definitely not the case.

We never really take advantage of extra magic hours, but we also don't let it affect whether or not we go to a park on a certain day. We generally plan the days based on what dining and fast passes that we end up getting during the advanced bookings, then while there, we'll try and get spur of the moment ones based on what's available.

Being that we tend to make a trip every year we've become less concerned with missing out on stuff and have gravitated more towards doing new things like tours and events, etc.

On our November trip, there were no FOP fast passes to be found for the whole week booking 60 days out, but I was able to get SDD without an issue. We did FOP the year before, so that was good enough for us. Coincidentally, we're going back in February (trying a different time of year) and there were no SDD Fast passes, but I was able to get FOP without a problem. It's the luck of the draw and as the expansions progress, it likely will not get any easier. One thing about us Disney fanatics is that we're all gluttons for punishment and will continue to subject ourselves to this punishment, hahaha.

Wow, a few years back that week was EMPTY! In 2013 it was empty! (We went to Disneyland in 2015.) 2017 it wasn't too bad.

We noticed a LOT more people take their children out of school. Or maybe they home school. ??? We took our girls out of school for two weeks each time, but noticed that the first few times we did it there were mostly preschool age children and not many school age kids. In my research it seems November has become quite popular. We may research alternative weeks to go. My issue is I like warmer weather, and my husband hates hot weather. I we have no desire to do very hot and crowded. I don't mind cooler weather, but then there goes the water rides at the parks, and the pool on the weekends. Oh well.

Thanks for answering my questions!

Hollywood Studios entrance has already been changed to Osceola Blvd to accommodate the traffic which will probably back up to I4 which means miles of traffic jams. Osceola has always been one of the locals "backdoors" to Disney World-no more. I would also anticipate park closures similar to those at Christmas when entrance to MK shutdown at 11:30 AM. Check out Disney's rules on park closures to see if it will affect your lodging plans. As long as you anticipate this possibility up front you can plan accordingly. You may end up redefining your defintition of Disney World fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter