how come teachers names are no longer..

bumcat

DIS Veteran
Smith, Johnson, Bradford, Johnston, Hamilton, Davis, Rule, Davidson, etc. ?

I met my sons 3rd grade teacher last night and I can't even remember her last name!! When my teen brings home her schedule with all the interesting names, I just give up trying to remember them. LOL!!

But regardless of the unusual names they end up with a lot of wonderful teachrs. School starts tomorrow!!

That's funny! As a teacher, I sometimes think the same thing about student names!

lol...I agree...it is students names that throw me for a loop.

last year I had a Latiyana Desirene.....and her mom wanted her to be called by both names :rolleyes:

My daughter has a Mrs. "Johnson" this year!! HORRAY!!!!!!

Easy on the tounge:crazy:

We have a teacher here named Jenny Hsu-Chandrahansen. Will that do??? She teaches SPEECH. heheheeh

I have to side with Glo, there are some well, interesting students names as well.

Originally posted by JohnTBap
We have a teacher here named Jenny Hsu-Chandrahansen. Will that do??? She teaches SPEECH. heheheeh

Well she must be able to speak pretty well if she can pronounce her name! :teeth:

I guess I'm REAL lucky, my son's teacher's name is REED!

It's the KIDS' names I can't read! :confused:

You all know your teachers names/students already.. We don't go back until the 3rd. And we still don't know who has what teacher, child, morning or afternoon YET.

I really won't know a thing until the day before school starts, since the letter is coming while we are gone!

Originally posted by Cindy B
I really won't know a thing until the day before school starts, since the letter is coming while we are gone!

It's like that for a lot of school around here. That's one of the things I love about our little school district, we got our class assignment and student list in June with DD's report card.

My daughter did have a Ms. Johnson last year:D This year, she has a Ms. Beaty.

She and I have the weird last name, but at least I gave her a "normal" first name that is easy to pronounce.

growing up i was one of those wierd last name kids. it was horrible!

Our girls don't find out until the Friday before school starts when the school posts the master list of who has which teacher on the front door. What a madhouse that is!!!
I've been lucky so far, DD#1 has had Mrs. Schaff, Miss Marlowe, Ms. McPherson, Mrs. Brown and Mr. Snyder. DD#2 has had Mrs. Young and Ms. Kirsch. All the options for next year are pretty normal too.
I've had 2 kids in 14 years of teaching that I couldn't pronounce their last names all year!
Robin M.

Last year I think all of my teachers had pretty normal names...Wilson, Anderson, etc.

This year most of my teachers have normal names too...the most "different" ones I think are DeGenaro and Macioce.

We have Mrs. Richardson and Mrs. McRae. Mrs. Kipp is my dd's Kaleidoscope teacher's name.

Edited because I FINALLY remembered Mrs. Kipp's name.

We won't know until this week when the class lists are posted, who my boy's have.

I am finding more and more unusual childrens names popping up each year. Last year I had one girl whose surname took me months to pronounce it properly.

diversity is good. i like my "weird" (non-English) last name.

i do think some mothers should look up the definitions of those weird names they give their kids before they commit to them. do they WANT their kids to be made fun of? Melena may sound pretty, but you just named your kid "bloody diarrhea"!!!

Originally posted by JohnTBap

Learning how to say her name must be the first lesson. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!