How Are Membership Numbers Generated?

DonMacGregor

Sub Leader
I know this was discussed several years ago, but I can't find the thread and I'm not sure there was any resolution.

I'm curious if anyone has managed to decipher how membership numbers are assigned. Fort example, my original membership number was assigned to me when I purchased my first SSR contract direct from DVC 3 years ago. That number is: 48XXXXXXXXXX. I recently added on at Aulani, and THAT membership # is 46XXXXXXXXXX. You would think that, in order of opening, the Aulani membership would have a higher number (or a higher prefix, if that's what the first two digits are). Along the same lines, if the membership isn't tied to the resort, but the member, you would still think it should be a higher number because it is three years later than my original membership.

Thoughts?

Do you mean contract numbers? We only have one membership number for our membership. Each contract within the membership has its own contract number. But we only have one membership number no matter what we buy or sell. So when we add on (like you did with Aulani) we don't get a new membership number; it's just a new contract under our existing membership number.

Do you mean contract numbers? We only have one membership number for our membership. Each contract within the membership has its own contract number. But we only have one membership number no matter what we buy or sell. So when we add on (like you did with Aulani) we don't get a new membership number; it's just a new contract under our existing membership number.
No, membership numbers. Every time you purchase a new UY, or buy a contract under a different ownership (add spouse, kids, buy under an LLC or trust, etc.), you are assigned a new membership number. I have 2 membership numbers: one for my 7 WDW contracts that are all February UY, and one for my 2 Aulani contracts that are December UY.

No, membership numbers. Every time you purchase a new UY, or buy a contract under a different ownership (add spouse, kids, buy under an LLC or trust, etc.), you are assigned a new membership number. I have 2 membership numbers: one for my 7 WDW contracts that are all February UY, and one for my 2 Aulani contracts that are December UY.
Got it. We always buy same UY and both of us are on all deeds, so only one membership number. I like simplicity :) But interesting to know. BTW, we first bought in 2012 and ours starts with 57.

Got it. We always buy same UY and both of us are on all deeds, so only one membership number. I like simplicity :) But interesting to know. BTW, we first bought in 2012 and ours starts with 57.
Only added the second UY for Aulani to keep the points separate for that resort. Everything else is on the other membership.

I know this was discussed several years ago, but I can't find the thread and I'm not sure there was any resolution.
I don't recall any discussion regarding Membership Numbers, just contract numbers. (But that's not something that would be of interest to me, so there may have been such a discussion, LOL).

We bought in December, 1999. Our 12-digit Membership number begins with 29.

12 digits means there is room for 999 billion membership numbers. Personally, I think they are assigned randomly.

We bought AKV (Jambo House) back in 2007 and our membership number starts with 62.

We have two different membership numbers. Both were purchased this year, both start with 46. First contract purchased on each was same home resort.

We have two different membership numbers. Both were purchased this year, both start with 46. First contract purchased on each was same home resort.
Purchased one in December, first one starts with 47, separate UY contract I purchased after the fact starts with a 46.

Weirdly, I have wondered about that too. But looking at the numbers provided by others, it does seem to be random. My first membership was SSR in 2007 and starts with 62. My second membership was AKV resale in 2019 starts with 50. Thought it was strange the first time I saw the numbers thinking the newer one would have the higher number, but I guess not.

Interesting - from what others have said, it looks like the numbers go down. Our first Membership (1999) starts with 69, second Membership a few years later was 54, third was 52, and last was 50.
So then i went down the rabbit hole.......:rolleyes:
The one & only thing similarity i found was that our three BWV Memberships (the first one has other resort contracts but started with BWV) all have 4 as the seventh digit in the Membership number. My RIV has a 6 in that spot.
Now i'm curious if any other BWV owners have the same, possibly making the 7th digit (& probably the 6th or eighth for the newer resorts) Resort identifiers.
Of course, it could be totally random, & i should really just avoid the darn rabbit holes ::yes::
(edited to fix the RIV 7th digit)

Last edited:
Interesting - from what others have said, it looks like the numbers go down. Our first Membership (1999) starts with 69, second Membership a few years later was 54, third was 52, and last was 50.
The one & only thing similarity i found was that our three BWV Memberships (the first one has other resort contracts but started with BWV) all have 4 as the seventh digit in the Membership number. My RIV has a 0.
Now i'm curious if any other BWV owners have the same, possibly making the 7th digit (& probably the 6th or eighth for the newer resorts) Resort identifiers.
Of course, it could be totally random, & i should really just avoid the darn rabbit holes ::yes::
I bought my first contract in 2012, which was BLT. My membership number begins with 59, and the seventh digit is 0.

We bought in December, 1999. Our 12-digit Membership number begins with 29.

I bought in May, 1995 and my membership number begins with 25.

we bought in 2007 our mem # begins with 60

The one & only thing similarity i found was that our three BWV Memberships (the first one has other resort contracts but started with BWV) all have 4 as the seventh digit in the Membership number. My RIV has a 0.
We bought BWV in November 1997. Our membership number starts with 27, so right between @OKW Lover (1995) and @CarolMN (1999) but nowhere near @LSchrow (1999).

And the 7th digit of our membership number is 4. BTW our BWV contracts also start with 4. We have no other contracts, just the two we bought in 1997.

March 2020 direct- 49
March 2022 resale- 47

Not sure if it's coincidental but for my direct membership the last 4 digits are the month and year of my birthdate.

Definitely coincidence. Mine match none of the owners!
This thread is honestly a revelation to me, I always just assumed this was the case for everyone! The 5th digit from the end is also the day of my birth (I'm a single digit), but the 6th isn't a zero so it came out DMMYY which is even wilder since this is coincidental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter