Hotels Near Universal?

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
WE are looking for a hotel near Universal that has a shuttle to Universal or we can walk to Universal from. We want one that is clean and not a "party hotel" (which review of the Doubletree make me nervous about). Pool and breakfast. This is for Feb. 2022. Thanks!

Have you looked at the universal resort hotels. There’s a variety of price ranges starting with Universals dockside inn and suites around $100 a night, Cabana bay beach resort which is great for around $120. royal pacific, the hard rock hotel and portifino bay which all come with free express pass as well. I love the universal resort hotels and in many ways they surpass Disney.
They all have transportation to the parks and city walk with buses or water taxis and most are a walkable distance with the exemption of dockside and surfside inns.

Have you looked at the universal resort hotels. There’s a variety of price ranges starting with Universals dockside inn and suites around $100 a night, Cabana bay beach resort which is great for around $120. royal pacific, the hard rock hotel and portifino bay which all come with free express pass as well. I love the universal resort hotels and in many ways they surpass Disney.
They all have transportation to the parks and city walk with buses or water taxis and most are a walkable distance with the exemption of dockside and surfside inns.
I have. Cabana looks tempting but a number of reviews say the walls are thin and I am a light sleeper. We like staying at the DVC resorts, and rent points, but I really can't stomach spending 400 plus for deluxe Universal hotels, even if they come with EP.

We’ve stayed at cabana bay multiple times in the regular rooms and family suites with interior entrance and exterior poolside and have never had a problem at all. Maybe if your concerned for noise book the volcano view towers vs a poolside exterior entry.

I do tend to be a light sleeper as well. It’s a really fun resort for the budget minded. I’ve done adults only as well as taking kids/teens.

It has a lot to offer and if your going to volcano bay it’s super simple with being right there and early entry you can get great spots.

We’ve stayed at cabana bay multiple times in the regular rooms and family suites with interior entrance and exterior poolside and have never had a problem at all. Maybe if your concerned for noise book the volcano view towers vs a poolside exterior entry.

I do tend to be a light sleeper as well. It’s a really fun resort for the budget minded. I’ve done adults only as well as taking kids/teens.

It has a lot to offer and if your going to volcano bay it’s super simple with being right there and early entry you can get great spots.
Ok. Thanks! I will look more into it. I do LOVE the theme. Very retro.

Holiday Inn Across from Universal is next to DoubleTree. It is clean and functional. Shuttle during non-Covid times; quite walkable regardless.

Ok. Thanks! I will look more into it. I do LOVE the theme. Very retro.

I just stayed in Cabana Bay for the first time, granted "capacity restrictions" but it's the same time of year. It was very light guest wise so it was really nice. We had a poolside exterior entry family suite. Like anywhere it probably just depends on your neighbor and placement but our room seemed quiet. Price point is comparable to the allstars but it's much nicer in my opinion. I walked the whole resort and there are a ton of rooms so I could see if it was peak season that it would be more hectic though.

Also, they pump in this amazing coconut smell and now I'm obsessed with it

I agree with most of the PP in that I think you should go with an on property hotel option. One of my favorites on property is Cabana Bay. Multiple stays and never had any issues. We love the pool area and quick bus to the parks. If you are trying to compare this resort to Disney this is a Moderate Plus level for a Value or less price. I typically stay at Deluxe Resorts at WDW with an occasional stay at a Moderate and I have to say Cabana Bay has blown me away for the value of what you are getting.

I have only ever stayed on property at Disney or Universal, but just booked Hyatt House which is on the other side of the street from the Universal parking garage. Not sure if its walkable but does have as shuttle, free breakfast, most rooms have a kitchen and really good rates. I may swap to a Cabana bay Family suite if AP rates warrant it in a few months, but so far I'm very happy with the Hyatt booking.

I would like to add to my previous message...Surfside and Dockside would be considered to be 'Value' resorts under WDW terminology. But their rates tend to be lower than Disney's Value rates.
In addition, their location- just off International Drive- enables one to partake of amenities on I-Drive (restaurants, etc).

WE are looking for a hotel near Universal that has a shuttle to Universal or we can walk to Universal from. We want one that is clean and not a "party hotel" (which review of the Doubletree make me nervous about). Pool and breakfast. This is for Feb. 2022. Thanks!

Doubletree is okay (just need to walk over the overpass to get to Universal) but make sure that you book a room that isn't facing the two roads. Even up high, the cars and motorcycles on the street get really noisy at night and you can hear music from the cars at the stop light.

Probably a room facing the pool and maybe in the North tower is best.

If you are open to shuttles that opens you to most of idrive. We always stay at Sheraton vistana idrive it's on the other side of international near sea world so we take the itrolly to universal. The only reason I'm telling you this is it's a vacation club property so it might be what your looking for even though it's not in walking distance. It has apartment style buildings super quiet nice beds full kitchen living room etc. We get a week on skyauction.com for under 600...
If not I would stay at a universal hotel I have had so many issues with hotels on idrive being a dump.

Another idea is Drury Inn. They have a free hot breakfast AND hot dinner, and two alcoholic drinks in the evening. They do have a shuttle. Also a very short, easy drive to the parks if you want to do an Uber. With the food savings, you could pay for an Uber

Think Drury Inn is about a mile from the park
I had friends there and went to see them
Impressed how nice that hotel was!

It was set up like the one I stayed at in Missouri

When I lived in the St Louis area, would stay there for Six Flags
That chain of hotels are worth staying at

Cabana bay is loud if you have a first floor room, we made that mistake once.
we prefer the new surfside inn though. We’ve done a few trips there since it opened and really like the way the rooms are set up!

we prefer the new surfside inn though. We’ve done a few trips there since it opened and really like the way the rooms are set up!

I stayed at Surfside and really liked it. It's new (so the rooms are all new) great pool/bar, close proximity to I-Drive and there is constant bus service to CityWalk & Universal parks.

Doubletree is okay (just need to walk over the overpass to get to Universal) but make sure that you book a room that isn't facing the two roads. Even up high, the cars and motorcycles on the street get really noisy at night and you can hear music from the cars at the stop light.

Probably a room facing the pool and maybe in the North tower is best.

I've stayed there several times. It's a really easy walk to Universal and the price usually can't be beat. I've never had any noise or other issues with it being a "party" hotel. (This is the first time I've heard it described as such.)

On-site is great, but it's hard to pass up the Hilton Honors benefits/points.

I've stayed there several times. It's a really easy walk to Universal and the price usually can't be beat. I've never had any noise or other issues with it being a "party" hotel. (This is the first time I've heard it described as such.)

On-site is great, but it's hard to pass up the Hilton Honors benefits/points.
It's not a party hotel.
Just that if your room is facing the street/highway it gets really noisy from the hotrod cars and motorcycles below on the street that stop at that traffic light.

Yeah DoubleTree gets you 1000 pts

I like Homewood Suites but they only give 250 pts
Hampton is the cheapest of the Hilton brands but they give out a paltry 100 pts which makes it hard to consider them.

We just got back from our Easter trip to Universal and we stayed at the:

Clarion Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando Resort
5829 Grand National Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/orlando/clarion-hotels/flc78?mc=llyxyxpx
We walked to and from the parks everyday. It was an easy 20min walk with sidewalks all the way there. The hotel was nice and quite even for being Easter week. If you want to take the shuttle you set that up the morning before. They are open 7am-11am to set up the shuttle pick up and to get your partner hotel coupons. We also was able to walk to the Orlando Premium Outlets on International Blvd to check out the Disney Character Warehouse. Our only complaint was the room was dark. They had low watt light bulbs in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter