Hotels near Seaworld

Tinkerbelle's Mom

<font color=purple>Will clean houses for tags!<br>
I was wondering if any could recommend a good hotel, but not overly expensive, near sea world?

DD and I have those fun passes. We normally travel down with someone so we only go for the day. Later this month just dd and I are going. I feel uncomfortable driving there and back by myself in one day (we are from the LA area). I thought to make it more fun we could spend the night down there - and get two days at sea world.

So does anyone have a safe, kid friendly hotel rec near sea world?

Thanks for your help!

I won't be in San Diego until Aug. 17. But I am booked at dana on Mission bay. It seems to be a nice resort right on the bay and is the closest hotel to Sea world. A friend stayed there and said they walked to Sea World everyday, there is a privated beach area, nice pool,and 2 very good restaurants on site. She said it was very kid-friendly that Is why we chose it. I know that if you have AAA you can get a decent rate right now. I got a premium bay view room for $183.00 a night. The standard rooms would probably be much cheaper. Now I have not stayed there yet, but it looks to be very nice!

We arrive in San Diego also on August 17th! We will be there for a week.
This is our first visit to the state.

We love Paradise Point resort and spa, across from seaworld, sort of. Lovely grounds great pool and much fun. Might be spendy this time of year, however.

There's a Holiday Inn on Sports Arena Blvd., about a 5 minute drive away. Kids eat free at the Baker's Square onsite.

Any other hotel suggestions? The first two mentioned are waaaaaay out of the price range. Third one was okay, but seemed to have poor reviews. We're looking at $100 a night or so for mid-october.

I just got back from a quick trip to SeaWorld and stayed overnight at the Best Western Mission Bay. DON'T stay there. Smelled bad and the room wasn't too clean.

Last year my daughter and I stayed a night at the Day's Inn at Hotel Circle and it wasn't bad, especially for the price (about $125/night in July). It's less than a 10 minutes drive from SeaWorld.

Any other hotel suggestions? The first two mentioned are waaaaaay out of the price range. Third one was okay, but seemed to have poor reviews. We're looking at $100 a night or so for mid-october.

I just got back from a quick trip to SeaWorld and stayed overnight at the Best Western Mission Bay. DON'T stay there. Smelled bad and the room wasn't too clean.

Last year my daughter and I stayed a night at the Day's Inn at Hotel Circle and it wasn't bad, especially for the price (about $125/night in July). It's less than a 10 minutes drive from SeaWorld.

We booked this hotel for one night in October and are paying $76.50. It's shown as a 3 star. We booked through Orbitz.

I got a Kids Room at Comfort Inn and Suites - Hotel Circle for 4 nights for our upcoming trip. It seems like a good deal because you get free breakfast and its only 5-10 minutes from Sea World and the SD-Zoo. It got some good reviews on expedia. $89 for the first 3 nights and $99 for a Friday night: http://www.comfortinnhotelcircle.com/

We are staying at the Confort Inn Suites (on Taylor St)right now. There are two of them with the same name. It is a great hotel. Newly remodeled and free breakfast that has waffles. It also has free internet! It is close to Sea World (We were there yesterday). Only took us 5 mins if that.We have the kid room. When we booked it was $139. But if you don't need a kid room I think they were cheaper. Oh by the way, It looks like Sea World is allowing food in now. I saw a bunch of people bring in food. Bummer that I didn't. Oh well.

Tami

I've stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites, and it served our purposes very well. I thought the complimentary breakfast was pretty decent, and it's a short drive to Sea World. The Days Inn is not too far from Comfort Inn, and is more economically priced. You might also try 7-Seas Lodge, which is a couple doors down from Days Inn.

Also, Days Inn offers complimentary shuttle to SeaWorld.

(We have the fun cards, too. Just have to figure on a day to go down there)

Thanks for the information! DD and I actually drove down for the day only. I am planning on a weekend trip this fall when the hotel prices are a little more reasonable!

Whatever you do, don't stay at the Holiday Inn Mission Bay/ Sea World! To say it was horrible is an understatement.

Whatever you do, don't stay at the Holiday Inn Mission Bay/ Sea World! To say it was horrible is an understatement.

Please go on... what is it that's horrible--the room, the staff, :confused3 ? It gets good reviews on most sites and even though we usually don't do Holiday Inns, my DH just brought it up.

We need a hotel for two nights in October. Westin or Hyatt are usually our choices, anything like that around there? How about Hilton at the airport? How far away is that from the Zoo and SW?

Last July we stayed one night at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay. We got it through hotwire.com so we didn't know for sure if that was the hotel we were getting before we booked the room but I was 99% sure it was going to be the Hyatt based on the amenities listed. I believe we got the room for $125 and we were given a complimentary upgrade to a suite when we asked for one when we told them it was our anniversary.

One of the best things about staying at the Hyatt is that they have a water taxi that takes you over to Sea World. You have to pay extra for the water taxi ($5/person for round trip) but with just the 2 of us it was about the same price as parking at SW and we didn't have to deal with trying to park there plus it was fun to arrive by boat. :cool1: They also had a fun looking swimming pool with a water slide but we didn't get a chance to use the pool.

Last July we stayed one night at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay. We got it through hotwire.com so we didn't know for sure if that was the hotel we were getting before we booked the room but I was 99% sure it was going to be the Hyatt based on the amenities listed. I believe we got the room for $125 and we were given a complimentary upgrade to a suite when we asked for one when we told them it was our anniversary.

One of the best things about staying at the Hyatt is that they have a water taxi that takes you over to Sea World. You have to pay extra for the water taxi ($5/person for round trip) but with just the 2 of us it was about the same price as parking at SW and we didn't have to deal with trying to park there plus it was fun to arrive by boat. :cool1: They also had a fun looking swimming pool with a water slide but we didn't get a chance to use the pool.

I know this post is old but maybe you will find it... I've used Hotwire before - what were the amenities that I should look for to get the Hyatt? Is it a 4 star? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter