Hotels in Paris

spm23

Mouseketeer
We are having a quick 4 night trip at half term, in-laws, 2 children and DW, so 6 in all.
We are staying on site for two nights and offsite to see Paris on another two.

My questions are:

Anyone know any good but reasonable hotels in a central location to the Eiffel Tower etc that is easy to get to from CDG airport, and what is the best way to get there. We will land around 9pm.

Is it easy to get to DLP then from there, or is a taxi better? I think someone mentioned the RER route is best, is this close to the Eiffel etc.

Many Thanks

Although you want to definitely visit the Eiffel Tower, I'd think twice about staying near it. It's in a very businessy area, so during the evenings and all day on the weekend, the area can be a bit dead. I personally prefer an area wear there are at least residential buildings with people going about and possibly some restaurants. Just my two cents.

The RER is cheapest and easiest way to get to DLP from central Paris, and it's also safe and reliable. I've done the trip a few times now, and I think it's the best. Within central Paris, the RER is connected to the Metro, so as long as you are near a Metro stop, you are essentially near an RER stop. Do a search on these forums on RER for more info (I'd type it out now, but I'm pressed for time. I'll add more later if you'd like). If you have any specific questions, let us know. :flower: ::MinnieMo

WE went to paris last yr & stayed in the Opera District, quiet but with lots of nice restaurants nearby. booked through one of the many hotel room web sites , sorry can't remember which one. Compare websites as prices differ for the same hotel.
Check hotels that say they are in the Monmattre (spell?) carefully as lots are actually in Pigalle which is the red light district.

If staying in central paris then most things are within walking distance or using the metro is very easy. on the metro we buy 1 or 2 carnet which are 10 single journey tickets cheaper than buying them indifvidually. & easier than buying a ticket every time you ride.

We travelled from CDG airport in a taxi but returned via a coach which picks up outside the opera & goes staight to all terminals which was cheaper. They run frequentlly & you pay on the bus.

I don't have a recommendation for hotels, sorry! But I would agree with MinnieYC not to stay near the Eiffel Tower, its actually quite a bit out of the centre of town, and not much to do apart from go up the Tower! When we went earlier this month and got the touring boat it took ages to get to the Eiffel Tower compared to a tiny hop between other stops on the route.

We stayed in the Latin Quater (5th arr) and it was lovely, the Opera District also gets good reviews from my friends who've been. As always, check out www.tripadvisor.com for advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter