Hotel suggestions for 5 people

Bea

DIS Veteran
Can anyone suggest a hotel that can accomodate 2 adults and 3 kids (b/w the ages of 6-10)? I noticed some hotels have a max capacity of 4 people. Price is a consideration - can't afford too much. Thanks for your help.

Hi! My three kids are between 5-9, so I feel your hotel pain!! LOL!!!

Try hotelkingdom.com for a few suites in the area you are looking for (WDW or US) that are in your price range. Then come back here and look for posts from people who've stayed there, or post a question with your list of hotels.

For our August trip, I'm debating Sierra Suites, HoJo and Comfort Suites, all in the US area and all below $60 a night. It's worth the extra couple bucks to get a suite so you can do some light meals and save dining out expenses.

Patti

Wyndham Palace. You can get a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, with a 52" big screen TV, and 1552 square feet for $89 / night through www.hotelkingdom.com.

I havn't stayed there yet since our reservations are in July but I have heard that it is a really nice place.

I had reservations at Summerfield Suites in Lake Buena Vista for $139 / night but cancelled when I found the Wyndham Palace.

Good Luck!
Bobby

I'm sorry I had a typo in the previous post.

I meant to say Wyndham Palms not Wyndham Palace.

Sorry!
Bobby

Bea - There are many suite hotels in the area to fit any budget. On the cheap end is Days Suites Maingate East. We stayed there in Nov. 2002 in a 1- bedroom suite for $39.95/nite. Next door is the Quality Suites. We stayed there in March 2002 in a 2-bedroom suite for $105/nite. There is the Residence Inn LBV and the Homewood Suites. Be aware that many places that call themselves suites are just big rooms but don't have a door seperating the sleeping area from the sitting area. Springhill and Comfort Suites are examples of this.

You may also want to look into renting a condo or house. That can be much cheaper than many people realize and you could have multiple bedrooms.

Steve

I'm sure your kids would love Holiday Inn Family Suites. Plenty of room for the 5 of you, a microwave, refrigerator, 3 TVs and Nintendo 64. Also free hot breakfast for all, and kids eat free for lunch and dinner, too. You don't say when you're going, but you may be able to get an Entertainment rate for as low as $73 per night. Check it out here:
www.hifamilysuites.com

I found a 3bedroom 3bathroom at Cypress Pointe for $99.95 a night. It's 2 miles from Disney, looks really nice - found it on Hotels.com. It also has a full kitchen, washer & dryer & patio or balconey.

Hope this helps you.

Were staying at the Hawthorn Suites by Universal on Canada Dr. 89/night; 1bdrn suite with 2 queen in bedrrom and queen pull out; full kitchen; free hot breakfast and free shuttles to all parks; WDW, US and SW. Neighbor and coworker just stayed there and were very happy.

Sarah

Holiday Inn Family Suites was great for our family of 5 on our last trip. We stayed there three nights before all of our vacation buddies arrived in Orlando. The kidsuite was wonderful and we were very comfortable. We got the Entertainment card rate of $86 night. Lots to do there and very close to WDW.

We have also stayed at Country Inn and Suites at Calypso Cay and it was great. Not as big as HIFS, but it worked fine. We got a roll away for the stay for DS. We paid $69 night there last year for a long weekend. Not as much activities as HIFS and a bit longer drive into WDW, but a nice place to stay.

Both supply breakfast, so that will be a savings right there. The breakfast at HIFS was better than Country Inn and Suites breakfast.

Happy planning!

The Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista had kids suites for $59.00 per night. Queen bed and in a separate walled area there is a kids space bunk beds with a single and their own tv. They also had a breakfast and dinner buffet which was reasonably priced. Very good location too. It is not luxury but it was clean when we were there last year for a few days. It has two pools. Good budget place and since your out most of the time.

Have you considered the Super 8 Motel Kissimmee Suites? They have apartments that they rent out. It has a kitchen, dining room, living room and two bedrooms. Each room has a double bed, and the living room has a pull-out sofa. We were able to accommodate 6 people with no problems and having a kitchen saved us a lot of money... we prepared most of our own meals, so that was great, and for an affordable price we were so comfortable in a spacious suite.

They also had a continental breakfast, shuttle to disney, large pool, gift shop, etc.

I think they have virtual tours on their website that you can see... it is really nice, big and cheap.. theis site is www.abcsuites.com

Cheers!

if you are going for a week, or close to that, bid on one of their ready set go auctions. I have gotten 2 bedroom timeshares for $250 for a week. No presentations.
Many others on this board have used them.

Back in May we stayed at Doubletree Villas Maingate. Had a 3 bedroom villa 2 bedrooms (one king bed, 2 double beds) & a bathroom upstairs. Downstairs was a bedroom with a queen bed, a kitchen and living room. $99/night.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter