• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel Royal Plaza - Can you walk to Downtown Disney?

busy mom

Mouseketeer
We will be travelling with 3 children under 10, how manageable is the walk to DD?

Same question goes for Doubletree Guest Suites (we have'nt decided on which resort yet).

Thanks!

I'm wondering the same thing. Their web site says it is a short walk to DD, but I will have little ones also.

Both the Hotel Royal Plaza and the Doubletree are located along Hotel Plaza Boulevard, which is about two blocks long. It's an easy walk to Downtown Disney from either hotel. DD is at the end of the street. The Hotel Royal Plaza is slightly closer to DD.

Downtown Disney Hotels

The Hotel Royal Plaza is about 2/3 mile from Downtown Disney. Guessing small children might walk 2-3 miles per hour, that would make it a 15-20 minute walk.

The Doubletree is the farthest away of the Hotel Plaza Blvd hotels, at roughly a mile. Not necessarily easy walking distance for children (or many adults, for that matter).

Doubletree to Rainforest Cafe is 1.1 miles.

Hotel Royal Plaza to Rainforest Cafe is 0.4 miles.

Well, my previous estimates of 1 mile to Doubletree and 2/3 to Royal Plaza were from memory, but as I drove down Hotel Plaza Blvd last week I clocked it on the odometer.

From entry driveway to the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd (which is practically to Downtown Disney) it's 0.6 mile from Royal Plaza and 0.8 mile from Doubletree. You'd have to add a little distance to actually walk from the hotel to the road and then from the end of the road to DD proper, but you get the idea.

Just to let you know they are doing a lot of construction at Downtown Disney at the end of the steet all the hotels are on, so the walk wouldn't be as pleasent as it usually is. The Doubletree was a pretty good walk since it was at the end of the hotel plaza road, The Hotel royal plaza was a good walk too. We drove down the street and my husband and I were surprised that the hotels weren't closer because they describe themselves as being a short walk, I mean it wasn't that far but farther then I thought it would be.

Have you considered staying at the All-Stars? They are reasonably priced and you really can't beat the Disney service. Plus with the construction going on at Downtown, depending on when your going, that could be a downer. Just an idea! :)

Have a great trip

:wave:
Hallie

Thanks for the update mm42!

Hallie: AllStars look great, but there are 5 of us, which would mean 2 rooms. We have considered this as an option, and also consider Port Orleans, but as it stands now we will be staying off-site. I got a great deal at Amerisuites Calypso Cay, and we will have a car so transportation will not be a problem.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter