Hotel Requests-Is it rude?

Why not simply let them know your concerns and ask what they recommend? If it were me, I'd simply let them know that I was there for a conference and then a few days in the parks and that I'd like to minimize walking distance.

That will help them know how to best accommodate you in whatever way they can.

Back when I used to work at the front desk of a university's maintenance department I'd encourage my regulars to tell me the problem, not what they thought the solution was... We let the experts figure out the solution. Much more efficient and everyone's happier.

Have fun!!

Why not simply let them know your concerns and ask what they recommend? If it were me, I'd simply let them know that I was there for a conference and then a few days in the parks and that I'd like to minimize walking distance.

That will help them know how to best accommodate you in whatever way they can.

That's fairly smart, however I already made the reservation and chickened out, I felt bad even requesting a view room since I'm paying a crazy discounted rate (due to Disney Institute.)

Should I mention something at check-in? I made a request for a king-size bed, but really, as long as I'm close to the parks given my short amount of time there, I'll be a happy camper even if I'm sleeping in a twin bed!

That's fairly smart, however I already made the reservation and chickened out, I felt bad even requesting a view room since I'm paying a crazy discounted rate (due to Disney Institute.)

Should I mention something at check-in? I made a request for a king-size bed, but really, as long as I'm close to the parks given my short amount of time there, I'll be a happy camper even if I'm sleeping in a twin bed!

No twin beds...smallest you will get is two queen beds.

One thing you can do upon check in if you are not comfortable outright asking for an upgrade is to to let them know proximity is what you love and ask for a room near the Napa Rose elevators. Not technically an upgrade but if they can accommodate you would not get a parking lot view.

The couple of times we opted for an upgraded view at the Grand (because standard view wasn't available), we found it was a long walk to the elevator. Relatively speaking the std view rooms we have had seemed to have been much closer to the elevator than some of the other views.

What you might request is something close to the elevator because even if your room was directly over the convention center--you would still have to walk to/from the elevator to get there.

I think this (asking for a room near the NR elevator) is an excellent idea. And not rude at all.

There's king beds in the dvc wing on the ground floor and it's super convenient. I think the numbers are around 1558? No elevators!

I always travel solo, and one time at WDW I was given a King room (this was before it was made a booking category), and I honestly felt weird in such a large bed by myself.

Exactly what I was thinking. Kings size is great.... if it's just me and my wife. A king by myself is just way too big. Besides, if you don't have two queens, how are you going to jump back and forth on the beds?:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter