• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel Recommendations (Free Breakfast!)

Homewood suites has an excellent cooked breakfast spread. You can't do better. Right next to Toy Story parking lot for shuttles.
How are the rooms at the Homewood Suites? Some reviews are scary lol

Sadly have gone downhill, might be cut backs on Housekeeping staff but stayed a couple weeks ago and room was a little dirty / beat up. It was serviced prior to check in but didn't have the 'new' feeling property used to have.

Dirt and trash items left under bed, closet shelf, HVAC system running but not exactly hot or cold. Overall missing the attention to details room inspectors should catch after cleaning. I don't expect 5 star luxury but at least basic cleanliness.

Property was amazing prior to pandemic. I will still stay again though since I enjoy their breakfast included and the kitchen items in rooms.

Last edited:
Sadly have gone downhill, might be cut backs on Housekeeping staff but stayed a couple weeks ago and room was a little dirty / beat up. It was serviced prior to check in but didn't have the 'new' feeling property used to have.

Dirt and trash items left under bed, closet shelf, HVAC system running but not exactly hot or cold. Overall missing the attention to details room inspectors should catch after cleaning. I don't expect 5 star luxury but at least basic cleanliness.

Property was amazing prior to pandemic. I will still stay again though since I enjoy their breakfast included and the kitchen items in rooms.
I just got back from a stay at the Homewood Suites Wednesday. I thought the suite was clean, although I agree some of the furniture looked "worn." I did not look under the beds. I was told upon checking in that I would have to request housekeeping service the day before, but never requested it. The room was nevertheless made up about half of the days of my stay.

My biggest negative was the HVAC system. Turning up the temp (once I figured out where the controls were; they are on the wall in the living room despite the HVAC units being under-the-window models that usually have their own controls) just seemed to cause it to blow more cold air. I didn't really notice the problem the first few days, perhaps because the nights were milder. Once I did notice it, I didn't complain because I was settled in and didn't want to change suites. I was able to keep the bedroom warm enough at night by closing the door between the living room and the bedroom. The living room definitely felt cold when I entered it in the morning though.

Unlike prior posters, I was unimpressed by the breakfast. It contained a good variety, with some the items changing daily, but I thought the quality of many items was poor to fair. I tried the scrambled eggs more than once and they were awful. I was unimpressed with the pork sausage (patties) and turkey sausage (links). There was one day they had maple flavored sausage (looked like pieces on a cut-up hot dog) that was decent, but they only had that once. Similarly, I liked the ham and veggie omelets and the chicken enchiladas, but they only offered those once a week each. I remember the omelets were Tuesday; I think the enchiladas were Wednesday. The only hot item that was consistently good was the make-your-own waffles, which included chocolate waffles. The oatmeal was good some days, but watery others. They had fruit out each day, bananas, apples and oranges, but usually only one or two at a time, never all three. The bananas were always a bit greenish and looked under-ripe. I can't say it was ever so bad that I was tempted to go elsewhere to eat breakfast, but I was expecting better.

Would I stay at the Homewood Suites again? For the right price I would. But I don't highly recommend it.

Has anyone stayed at the clementine hotel? We are highly considering getting the 2 bed 2 bath suite because it had a kitchen, free full breakfast, and free parking. How bad is the walk? One person in our party has a lot of dietary restrictions and is planning to cook/bring their own food for most meals. Is it too far from the park to go back mid day? Is it a hassle bringing a stroller on the ART?

These are all the hotels I priced out that are in our budget for our party of 6. The ones with stars are the ones that I believe have kitchenette options. What is the kitchenette like at the Park Vue inn? Do any of the other ones offer kitchenettes (stove/oven)?

⭐️Clementine Hotel And Suites

⭐️Park Vue Inn

Tropicana

Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites

Del Sole Inn

Camelot Inn

Grand Legacy At The Park

Kings inn

Castle Inn & Suites

Majestic gardens

Desert palms

Alpine Inn

Motel 6 main gate

Sun coast park hotel

Desert palms has a room with a kitchenette. It looks like it has a microwave and stove. Here’s the link:

https://www.desertpalmshotel.com/accommodations
We were going to book the 2 bed 2 bath suite at that hotel, I’ll have to price out the difference if we book 2 rooms, one being the one with the kitchen and see if that is in budget for our party. Do you know if they have a AAA discount? Also, how far ahead of time should we book our hotel?

Have any of you stayed at the clementine hotel? It seems to hit all the boxes for everyone in my group. I think I might just book it now and then could change to something else later if needed. My mother in law is allergic to gluten so its nice they have a full kitchen & a full hot breakfast with some gluten free items. Just wondering if the 15 minute walk might be too annoying. We will also have our cars so I guess we can drive if we get too tired or take the ART lol

Best Western Stovall Inn
I stay there everytime.
Great rate, FREE BREAKFAST and not a cheap one, like pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage, waffles, etc.
hot tub, pool, walking distance to Disneyland, free wifi, fridge in every room and a microwave.

Best Western Stovall Inn
I stay there everytime.
Great rate, FREE BREAKFAST and not a cheap one, like pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage, waffles, etc.
hot tub, pool, walking distance to Disneyland, free wifi, fridge in every room and a microwave.
For some reason all the best westerns are really expensive when we are going. We would need to book 2 rooms there because of our party size plus my MIL has dietary restrictions and plans to cook most of her meals. I booked the clementine to have something schedule but plan to keep checking other hotels to see if anything pops up at a good deal before we go. There’s a convention the days we are going which might be why prices are high at a lot of hotels.

There's a convention going the days we booked in March (a huge convention WOndercon which is also the reason we are going, DIsney is just a bonus lol) and the hotel was $237 a night

There's a convention going the days we booked in March (a huge convention WOndercon which is also the reason we are going, DIsney is just a bonus lol) and the hotel was $237 a night
It’s showing as $270 more for our dates and no kitchen so I don’t think the other family coming with us will go for that. The Marriott and residence inn type places with kitchens are showing as $900+ a night for my dates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter