Hotel help needed

labagit

Mouseketeer
I'd love recommendations on a nearby hotel that is relatively inexpensive. We want to have a continental breakfast, internet access, outdoor pool and preferably some sort of suite-type configuration. (We don't need 2 rooms for sleeping but would like at least a separate area with couch/TV so we don't need to go to bed at the same time as the kids always.) I've read such great things about HoJo but they don't have the breakfast and the Candy Cane Inn doesn't have the room configurations.

We will be purchasing our parkhopper tix through AAA and I believe we get free parking with those, so walking distance isn't a must, but we still want close. (If you feel driving to the park is really a mistake, please advise me on this as well.)

Thanks for any help. This will be our first trip in 7 years.

We've stayed at 3 different non-Disney hotels the last 3 times we've gone. Stovall's, Park Vue, Hiatt, and in one week we'll be at the Camelot Anaheim Inn. The times we stayed at Stovall's (long walk but doable) and Hiatt (have to drive) we didn't enjoy our stay as much because it becomes such an ordeal to go to and from the park, even though they were nicer hotels. Especially the Hiatt, because even though it is an amazing hotel with the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in, the lines were long for the shuttle and driving, parking, and shuttling to the park took precious time out of our day.

I highly recommend the parks that are right across the street, even though they are bare-bones. It's so nice to go back to the room and take a nap in the afternoon when the lines are the longest. If you've got little ones, I would think this would be a must.

I second Goofy Dave's vote for Camelot Inn. Outdoor pool (4th floor,great for fireworks).BASIC connie breakfast.'nice' 2 room suites. And CLOSE.:cool1:

I second Goofy Dave's vote for Camelot Inn. Outdoor pool (4th floor,great for fireworks).BASIC connie breakfast.'nice' 2 room suites. And CLOSE.:cool1:

Have you stayed at BWPPI? Would you prefer Camelot Inn over BWPPI? We are staying there in March and haven't booked yet for our December trip. We have been thinking about the Camelot.

The BWPPI is very nice but their mini-suite only has a fairly small, short divider wall that doesn't reach the ceiling to divide the bed area from the sitting area. I know that wouldn't have worked when trying to get our daughter to sleep when she was younger....if she could see us we were toast!

We have always liked the 2 room suite at the Camelot Inn (back when it was the Park Place Inn) perfectly well. We really liked the raised pool, the staff was very pleasant and the room was clean (a bit worn but clean which is much more important...that also might have changed since the name switch etc.). Breakfast left a bit to be desired but you could at least grab something on your way to the park.

In July we are trying a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite at the Carousel Inn mainly because of the two bathrooms. That is very important now that our daughter and her best friend are almost 18...we would never get out the door otherwise! It also has breakfast and a pool up high enough to see the fireworks. Our friends tried it recently and said the suites had been renovated and were very nice. I have had very good communication from them so far so fingers crossed!

Homewood Suites. We stay there every trip. You can get a 2 queen bedroom with a sleeper sofa in the living room. In November it was $116 a night and that includes breakfast and they have internet connection in the room, as well as a business center with 2 computers you can use for free. The rooms have a full sized fridge, dishes, utensils, plates and cups, etc. It's a great place for the price. There is a shuttle, it's a few bucks a day.

We stayed at the La Quinta last time, and we liked it. We had a king kids suite, king bed in one room, bunk beds in the other. (full under twin) 2 tvs, tons of storage, mini-fridge, microwave. The pool is outdoors, but covered. I liked it, we drove to the park everyday, but the art stop was right outside the hotel. It was nice to put the kids down at night, then shut the door and lay down and watch some tv before zonking out for the night!

We also stayed at La Quinta and enjoyed it, we had two queens in one room with a tv, and it was separated with french doors to a sitting room with a couch (hide-a-way bed) another tv, fridge, microwave. Lots of room with 2 adults and 2 teenagers (16 & 17). They do have breakfast daily.

Thanks for all the comments. It gives me a few new places to check out and things to mull over.

Our last trip, in 2000, we stayed at the Hawthorn Suites which I guess is now the La Quinta. We drove every day, and I really don't remember it being much of a hassle. This was before California Adventure opened. Has the traffic increased substantially with the new park?

Thanks for all the comments. It gives me a few new places to check out and things to mull over.

Our last trip, in 2000, we stayed at the Hawthorn Suites which I guess is now the La Quinta. We drove every day, and I really don't remember it being much of a hassle. This was before California Adventure opened. Has the traffic increased substantially with the new park?

We drove everyday, and had no problem with traffic. It was almost a strait shot into the parking lot. The lion king lot? Timon? I dont remember, but we didnt park in the big parking structure. We turned right out of the Hotel, and made a left at the street and it took us strait into the parking lot. We really enjoye the La Quinta. Iv heard a lot of people say that it was noisy, but i didnt notice anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter