Hostess gift

Wine's a great idea. If the hostess already has plenty, as the OP mentioned, then I would bring something else edible.
Oh, and those chocolate Hostess cupcakes are the bomb-diggity.
Eh, bring those too.

There is a really high quality chocolate shop in my town. I've been known to go to that store to buy something from their display to take to a hostess.

Flavored oil and vinegar or a lovely spice blend set. Penzy's sells great ones.

Last edited:
What about a dessert, like a pie or cake? Simple and consumable.

If you know she likes tea cups or cat figurines or has a lot of photos on display, etc, you can make items like that a jumping off point. Little ornaments or coffee table books are things people can display for awhile and then move on when they're tired of them.

Or what about a Christmas tree ornament that might have some meaning to her?

If she likes to write, how about a nice journal or notebook?

Or, I like the edible idea -- chocolate, cheese, jam/jelly.

I got this as a housewarming gift. I actually haven't used it too much but I think it's cute and since you mentioned they host very casual get togethers it's not a formal item (it's in a shape of vegetables lol) but adds a bit of fun. It's from pier 1 so doubtful you can find it other than eBay but I was more thinking just the theme of a fun, cute serving set, not the exact item itself

Breakfast for the next morning is a great idea. Here's what I do not like as hostess gifts:

Flowers/plants without a vase/pot
Dishes, bowls, glasses, etc.
Candles
Candy/chocolate
Anything I have to find a home for (i.e. put in a cabinet, etc.)
Anything decorative (Christmas decoration, etc.)

Here's what I like:

Things I can use for the next party (fun patterned paper napkins, plates, etc.)
Nice hand soap, etc.
Dessert to put out at the party
Wine/port
After dinner cordial

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter