Hoping to see fastpass come back!

Yes-during COVID restrictions…prior to FP+ - although some E ticket rides did have long lines - at least non E rides didn’t have hour long lines…I’m really not a fan of FP+ - as I’ve said before, yes I use it and yes I refresh and maybe get more after my initial 3 - but that doesn’t mean I like it - however - if it comes back as a paid variation and it’s pricey - I’d probably like it a whole lot more…

i'm not sure why anyone who hasn't been there WITHOUT FP would have such strong feelings toward it. Sort of silly. It's like saying "this is the best thing on the menu" when you literally haven't tried anything else out on the menu other then the one item you're touting. Also funny to see people acting like there's some skill to setting a an alarm for a 8 AM or whatever time zone you're in at 60 days out and hitting a button or that people are jealous of people in the FP line. Everyone got 3.

The idea that the line stops once while you wait in a 45-60 minute line is pretty misleading too as everyone else has pointed out. It basically comes down to, do you want to wait 10-15 minutes for 3-4 rides and then wait 45 for everything else or wait 40 minutes for those popular rides at peak times and wait 20-30 for everything else. I remover going to Disneyland for the first time and Pirates and Mansion were 10 minutes and I was thinking, why is this? MaxPass....much better system. A few more attractions helps too. The COVID restrictions part is all fine and well too but I don't think Splash Mountain or Space Mountain is very long during Happily Ever After or some parades.

People also keep conflating capacity to crowd. IF they are 75% capacity, that is NOT 75% of the usual crowd, that is 75% capacity. MK reaches capacity maybe 3x a year os 75% capacity on June 15 is probably close to 85-90% of the normal crowd level with no park reservations etc and not all the restaurants and stores are open or shows.

I don't know anyone that's been there without FP+ who is really yearning it for it back in the old way, which is why it likely won't be based on their surveying etc. The biggest issue now is people abusing the DAS service.

I don't know anyone that's been there without FP+ who is really yearning it for it back in the old way, which is why it likely won't be based on their surveying etc.

I absolutely miss it. If you knew how to use (and refresh) the old system you often spent the day barely waiting for anything. Now, sure, the larger lines move more quickly for the standby line, but it is often still much slower than if you were in the Fastpass line in "the old times".

Some days we would just come in, do our 3 FPS, then shop. Some days, we bounced around all day letting FP dictate what we would ride next. Now, I'm looking at 30min ish on most things. For my touring style, that is worse than FP+. The new fastpass-less system really benefits the non-hyper planners/newbies, but for a hyper planning constant refresher like me, it's awful.

We chose to do our first resort-only trip last month and a large part of that decision was the lack of FP+. I'll adapt if it never comes back, but I am praying that we see it again in some form.

I absolutely miss it. If you knew how to use (and refresh) the old system you often spent the day barely waiting for anything. Now, sure, the larger lines move more quickly for the standby line, but it is often still much slower than if you were in the Fastpass line in "the old times".

Exactly, soon as you scan all your bands for the last of your first 3 fp, immediately pull up the mde app and look for your 4th. You have a few minutes either walking through the fp line or the short wait to be able to get your next fp before you finish your current ride. Rinse and repeat and you can easily do a ton of rides that way.

I don't know anyone that's been there without FP+ who is really yearning it for it back in the old way, which is why it likely won't be based on their surveying etc. The biggest issue now is people abusing the DAS service.
Then let me introduce myself. My name is marionnette. I've been there twice since the reopening and I confess to missing the hell out of FP+.

It's been a while. FP is the old days of grabbing paper FP with a return time and FP+ is booking your rides 60+ days before arrival?

Also, is FP+ not being offered currently?

Thanks

So people are going off the touring plans posted wait times to judge. I’ve been there, the posted time is 30 minutes, the wait is 10. Don’t go off posted wait times. Smugglers Run was listed at 40, it was 20. The list goes on.

I understand why you would think FP+ is needed based on posted times, the posted times are wrong, however. We are the hyper planner, online at 7 am (our time) each day assigned to a park. It’s ridiculous. Yes, if you want to go on Barnstormer 3x, it’s great.

we went during spring break on a Sunday for one day before going for 8 days around Memorial Day. The Spring Break day we had a single day park hopper ticket. We started at AK and got in at 7:30 (park open at 8) and was off FOP by 8:05… we then did a safari, Everest multiple times, dinosaur, and some of the minor attractions before eating at Santuii and hopping to MK entering at 1:47 (we waited for 5 minutes) we then did all the Mountians there plus mansion, pirates, a bunch of minor rides (Dumbo, raceway etc) only missing Jungle Cruise.

You think that’s realistic under the old system? It’s not. There’s also value in that. Park Hopper tickets for one day start at 180, of course decreasing every day. But what’s the value of a park hopper ticket if you have to wait 60-90 minutes for the main attractions once you burn your Fast Passes at one park. Yes at 3:00, they dump more Blah, blah, I know al those tricks. A lot of people don’t go every year, there’s not a lot of value in the old system. Spending $100 a person to go on three rides and go shopping isn’t appealing to people who go once every four years.

there’s also this theme that it’s FP or nothing. Max Pass is better, that would be welcome, more virtual ques are coming. Tron, Guardians will use them. So then you think they’re going to have FP+ at 60 days then a virtual que at 3 of the parks day off. No, they won’t….

the Proof of the standby times being shorter will be Smugglers Run if they go back to the old system with no changes. It’s usually posted at 50 now, it will be 75 if they put that into the old system for a decent amount of time. I think it was briefly before the closure. I would just say don’t make judgements based on posted wait times you’re seeing at home

So people are going off the touring plans posted wait times to judge. I’ve been there, the posted time is 30 minutes, the wait is 10. Don’t go off posted wait times. Smugglers Run was listed at 40, it was 20. The list goes on.

I understand why you would think FP+ is needed based on posted times, the posted times are wrong, however. We are the hyper planner, online at 7 am (our time) each day assigned to a park. It’s ridiculous. Yes, if you want to go on Barnstormer 3x, it’s great.

we went during spring break on a Sunday for one day before going for 8 days around Memorial Day. The Spring Break day we had a single day park hopper ticket. We started at AK and got in at 7:30 (park open at 8) and was off FOP by 8:05… we then did a safari, Everest multiple times, dinosaur, and some of the minor attractions before eating at Santuii and hopping to MK entering at 1:47 (we waited for 5 minutes) we then did all the Mountians there plus mansion, pirates, a bunch of minor rides (Dumbo, raceway etc) only missing Jungle Cruise.

You think that’s realistic under the old system? It’s not. There’s also value in that. Park Hopper tickets for one day start at 180, of course decreasing every day. But what’s the value of a park hopper ticket if you have to wait 60-90 minutes for the main attractions once you burn your Fast Passes at one park. Yes at 3:00, they dump more Blah, blah, I know al those tricks. A lot of people don’t go every year, there’s not a lot of value in the old system. Spending $100 a person to go on three rides and go shopping isn’t appealing to people who go once every four years.

there’s also this theme that it’s FP or nothing. Max Pass is better, that would be welcome, more virtual ques are coming. Tron, Guardians will use them. So then you think they’re going to have FP+ at 60 days then a virtual que at 3 of the parks day off. No, they won’t….

the Proof of the standby times being shorter will be Smugglers Run if they go back to the old system with no changes. It’s usually posted at 50 now, it will be 75 if they put that into the old system for a decent amount of time. I think it was briefly before the closure. I would just say don’t make judgements based on posted wait times you’re seeing at home
All of that is invalid as soon as the parks go back to normal. You think you can do all that with no fp+ AND normal capacity at each park?

the Proof of the standby times being shorter will be Smugglers Run if they go back to the old system with no changes. It’s usually posted at 50 now, it will be 75 if they put that into the old system for a decent amount of time.
I don't think that most people who love FP+ are disagreeing with you that standby times are shorter right now. They absolutely are.

The difference is, I don't care, because with FP+ I rarely ever waited in a standby line. The current situation with no FP+ absolutely is a benefit to some people. Newbies, people who don't go to WDW multiple times a year, go with the flow people, etc. I do not deny that. There are 100% audiences benefitting from the situation right now.

However, it doesn't benefit everyone. If you are an AP that goes 4-5x a year, you might not care about how many rides you do. Being able to come in, do your 3 with very minimal waiting, and then enjoy the food/atmosphere can be enough. That person isn't doing better under the new system. The same goes for the refresh-a-holics (me) who could ride all day with little to no waits if that was the kind of day I was going for.

There are pros and cons. For my touring style, the lack of FP+ sucks. For my sister who visits once every 2-3 years, it's great.

Personally, I want it back.

I used touringplans' app and their real time wait times were pretty much spot on. But they were never half the number of posted minutes and nothing was walk on. Your analysis using rope drop at AK for FOP is no different that when FP+ was in use.

I used touringplans' app and their real time wait times were pretty much spot on. But they were never half the number of posted minutes and nothing was walk on. Your analysis using rope drop at AK for FOP is no different that when FP+ was in use.
That’s fine, you think you could ride FOP, Safari, Everest, Splash, BTR, SPACE and Mine train all in the same day using FP+....Again MaxPass is form of fast pass, it just doesn’t require planning your day 60 days out...any system can be exploited if you’re willing to research it at all. People wanting the old way probably haven’t investigated at all how things are operating now because they never planned to go with mask mandates or because they wanted to be cautious, whatever reason. Newbies/non planners wouldn’t know that they were routinely opening the gates early before posted opening times. They wouldn’t know you could hop before 2. The lines at Hollywood were drastically reduced after 2 BTW. I would just say you’re going to have to learn a new system so get use to adapting.

That’s fine, you think you could ride FOP, Safari, Everest, Splash, BTR, SPACE and Mine train all in the same day using FP+....Again MaxPass is form of fast pass, it just doesn’t require planning your day 60 days out...any system can be exploited if you’re willing to research it at all. People wanting the old way probably haven’t investigated at all how things are operating now because they never planned to go with mask mandates or because they wanted to be cautious, whatever reason. Newbies/non planners wouldn’t know that they were routinely opening the gates early before posted opening times. They wouldn’t know you could hop before 2. The lines at Hollywood were drastically reduced after 2 BTW. I would just say you’re going to have to learn a new system so get use to adapting.
Been there done that. Yes, rode all of those in a single day using FP+. And guess what? I paid nothing extra for that, compared to MaxPass. You can argue until you're blue in the face that FP+ sucks and MaxPass is the way to go. That doesn't mean I have to agree with you.

Been there done that. Yes, rode all of those in a single day using FP+. And guess what? I paid nothing extra for that, compared to MaxPass. You can argue until you're blue in the face that FP+ sucks and MaxPass is the way to go. That doesn't mean I have to agree with you.
You got a FP for Splash Mountain, Mine Train, Big Thunder Mountain and space mountain after 2:00 in MK? If you have done that, that’s great. I find that hard to believe but anything is possible I guess. You can also look at the standby time for BTM and the Speedway compared to when FP is offered...I mean I don’t miss standing in line for the speedway for 30-45 minutes sniffing the fumes because we used our FP on Splash, Mine Train and Space. (It’s a 15 minute wait as I post this)

I’m sure when FP+ was introduced people were anxious because they had mastered sending one person with the tickets to get FP while everyone else stayed in line somewhere else or using grandma and grandpa’s ticket who have no intention of getting on a certain ride to get a FP ticket for the grand kids so they can go twice. I’ve seen every iteration of this, the 60-day thing is moronic. They thought it added value for on property stays but have figured out it doesn’t matter now so it will go away. But there’s always going to be an option to exploit/plan for. FP+ probably requires the least effort or lack of imagination so I get why some might prefer it but it’s not ideal for most guests, experienced or otherwise as ticket prices increase and as they increase the AP cost by offering more choices with less overall park availability for the same price or a premium offering that equals the current structure but that is priced 20% higher. They could throw extra FP in with an annual pass to justify it costing more, offer a value priced AP for out of state residents as their spend in park is higher. The general lack of imagination by a lot of people is pretty striking. They can’t get enough bus drivers right now and people think everything is going back to the way it was. It’s not.

We are DVC, so it won't be free for us. Maybe their pathetic $10 discount for special events.

So if they do the Deluxe resorts get it free, dvc isn't included in that?

eople who say this just do not use the FP+ system and hate that it exists.
I used the heck out of it. I don't hate that it exists, I just prefer not choosing my rides and planning my days 60 days ahead of time.

All of that is invalid as soon as the parks go back to normal. You think you can do all that with no fp+ AND normal capacity at each park?
I think that during Spring break the capacity was 45% of MAX capacity, and every park was at that every day. I'd also guess that that 45% MAX capacity is what a "normal" day attendance is precovid. Like if you picked a random non holiday/break day in 2019, I'd guess the numbers for attendance would be about the same as what it was during spring break. Except during 2019, everything was open. Meals, meet and greets, shows etc. Most estimates say Magic Kingdom operates at just over 1/2 capacity on a normal day. So with maybe 7-10% fewer guests during spring break this year, than on a normal day in 2019, and considering what was closed this spring break, and what I was able to get done during those days, yes. I absolutely think I could still do all that at normal capacity without FP. Now again, I am talking about a normal day. Not Christmas or a holiday week.

Then let me introduce myself. My name is marionnette. I've been there twice since the reopening and I confess to missing the hell out of FP+.
as a long time wdw patron, let me tell ya I hated fast pass, however, I like it better than those ridiculous lines. Those of you claiming only a 30-40 min wait without them, I'd like whatever you're taking. Not anything to argue about, but seriously? I hate the long lines, the smell of body order, and bad breath, which is why I NEVER go to any theme park in summer now. Whew.
I watch a youtuber, a young man named Brandon I think, (I wish I could remember the name of his channel), but his rumors come close to true every time, plus as soon as they change, he talks about that too, he seems very well informed and recants any mistakes as he learns of making his info pretty good. He is hearing Disney is playing with different ideas about fast pass , and with park occupancy reductions. One idea is a express pass only available to Disney hotel guests, but it is going to cost! or maybe more like Universal, and the price of said pass goes up or down depending on different things.
Disney marketing has learned that even through occupancy of parks is down, merchandise sales are not! So raising ticket prices would keep admittance down, replace loss of ticket revenue, and lower people in parks all by it's self. Disney is also comparing Disneyland adherence to mask policy and vaccine cards, to FL. lack of any covid protocol mandate at all. Looking at weekly numbers for the past two weeks, etc. all of this will come into play with new rules about everything from masks, to ticket prices to return of fast passes, plus more things not talked about I assume.
Not voicing an opinion here, just repeating what I've read, heard, and seen for myself.

A good compromise for me would be to significantly limit the number of attractions which utilize FP+. Dumbo does not need a fastpass queue. Living with the Land does not need a fastpass queue. I could go on and on about that. Limit it to the headliners in each land.

Yes, but Disney is also using the FP queues for specific types of disability passes that are encoded onto magic bands now, which is likely why we see FP lines at places that wouldn't normally need them.

What I like about FP+ is I can plan attractions and rides, and table service meals, to avoid any time conflicts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!