Hoping to see fastpass come back!

When I look at the wait times for rides during the non-fastpass time period, I wonder if it's better without Fastpass?

Except, remember that attendance was limited during that period. By raising park limits, you're going to lengthen those lines.

I like MP for DLR but I prefer FP+ for WDW. Coming from CA with young kids we pretty much never make it to rope drop due to the time difference. FP+ allowed me to preplan our days with preferred ride times for the ones we cared about the most without worrying about waiting in long lines by the time we got to the park later in the day. I hope FP+ returns to WDW. A “Lightning Pass” wouldn’t price us out but I hope it doesn’t happen.

I don't think they'll bring the FastPass back. When it was "put on hold", I always felt like they would do something like Universal does. And sure enough, there are rumors of the Lighting Pass. Extending park hours would be nice, in any form.

Those are just that. Rumors. Started by people on forums that hate FP+. I am not saying that Disney is not thinking about it but they have not said one way or the other yet.

FP is horrible., Makes the overall experience so much worse. You're locking it what you have to do 60 days in advance what you're doing at a specific time. Just horrible, I don't know many people that prefer the Florida FP+ to MaxPass. When we went to Disneyland the first time it was like a miracle. People don't realize that every ride with FP creates a bottleneck for the standby line. There are a few rides where it's pretty clear that a virtual que would help. But if you look at the standby times for 90% of the attractions, they're pretty valuable. Slinky and Splash are the two that pop out for me as having over an hour or 60 minutes most of the day. Mine Train is 45-60 most days too but opening TRON would open all those up more. Big Thunder is 25 minutes, Mansion is 25 minutes on average, Small World is 20, Dumbo is 15. Space is 35-45 most times. Everest is 25 minutes. when you add FP back, it adds that much more time to the standby que. I'd rather wait an average of 20-25 minutes and have a coupe that are a hassle then wait 40 for everything that I don't have a FP for and have some flexibility.

From a logistics perspective it is interesting that they might like to bring it back because it would force people to commit to buying tickets 60 days out because conceivable you'd need a park reservation to make a FP reservation unless they get rid of park reservations. Especially when you add the "tiering" in, so dumb. I wish they would ax the character meet and greets that have 60 minute waits and require FP too. So stupid. Do the same thing you're doing now expect let people get closer. I think most people have enjoyed seeing Pooh catch butterflies etc. vs standing in line for 30 minutes for a picture. In Disneyland, my daughter hugged Chewie right next to the pit at Ronto Roasters, just walking around. I've never understood why best practices aren't shared more among the west and east coast. I mean DL could get some help on the food options (although they are rapidly improving) from world. Anyway, put me down for something new/hybrid on FP+. I know some will disagree.

No. It doesn't. Every time I use FP+ the standby line is held up for only a moment or two every now and then and then it resumes. People who say this just do not use the FP+ system and hate that it exists.

No. It doesn't. Every time I use FP+ the standby line is held up for only a moment or two every now and then and then it resumes. People who say this just do not use the FP+ system and hate that it exists.

It does, and it's not really debatable.. Fastpass jams up the standby queue by design. Each attraction has a target ratio that the CM's are tracking that lets them know when to stop the fastpass line and begin letting the standby pass through again.

For example, One ride might have a ratio target of 5 fastpass riders for every 1 standby rider. This ratio can be adjusted upwards or downwards depending on how things are going at that attraction at any given time.

If you go to the parks during this current period of stand-by, I promise you'll notice a big difference in waiting for those FP+ attractions.

It does, and it's not really debatable.. Fastpass jams up the standby queue by design. Each attraction has a target ratio that the CM's are tracking that lets them know when to stop the fastpass line and begin letting the standby pass through again.

For example, One ride might have a ratio target of 5 fastpass riders for every 1 standby rider. This ratio can be adjusted upwards or downwards depending on how things are going at that attraction at any given time.

If you go to the parks during this current period of stand-by, I promise you'll notice a big difference in waiting for those FP+ attractions.

You're right. It isn't debatable. We have all seen it first-hand. Just because the standby lines stops for a moment it does not mean that it a bottleneck. But I can see why you would think so. You are probably one of those that I see in the standby line when it is stopped for a mere moment that start rolling their eyes and acting like their entire day is now shot. OF COURSE the standby lines right now are low. That is a silly comparison and not worth the time. But yeah, keep up the good fight! Maybe Disney will listen to you and get rid of the FP+ completely.

Done with this line of silliness. 🙋‍♂️

You're right. It isn't debatable. We have all seen it first-hand. Just because the standby lines stops for a moment it does not mean that it a bottleneck.
Whatever you want to call it... the standby queue gets jammed up. It's a scientific fact that the line moves significantly faster without the presence of a Fastpass line. We know this because we know how attractions ops works. I'm not sure if you're arguing semantics here or what, but the whole point is that the standby lines move significantly slower, and that's by design.

But I can see why you would think so. You are probably one of those that I see in the standby line when it is stopped for a mere moment that start rolling their eyes and acting like their entire day is now shot. OF COURSE the standby lines right now are low. That is a silly comparison and not worth the time. But yeah, keep up the good fight! Maybe Disney will listen to you and get rid of the FP+ completely.

Done with this line of silliness. 🙋‍♂️

I didn't make any mention at all of the standby times. I simply mean that waiting in a 45 minute line that is constantly moving is much preferable to waiting in a 1 hour (or even a similar wait time of 45 minutes) line that remains static for long periods of time due to Fastpass. There are several reasons that FP+ inflates standby times. In addition to what has already been discussed, the FP+ systems has the effect of 'steering' park guests to particular FP queues when they look at their apps and see that it's one of the only attractions available at that time. They otherwise may have had no interest in riding that attraction, and the standby guests will have a longer wait now because of it. This typicall happens at your C/D ticket attractions. Now, I'm not saying that every guest does that, but the amount of guests who do is not insignificant.

Nobody here is saying that FP ruined their vacation. There are a fair amount of guests, including members of this board, who prefer the simplicity of having no fastpass queues for various reasons... that doesn't make us crazy or whiners, just like it doesn't make you crazy or wrong to prefer the FP+ system. For some of us, it allows our visits to be more spontaneous and less planned down to the minutae. For others, they enjoy being able to ride popular attractions without having to stand in a painfully slow standby line (much slower than it would be if there were no FP+ queue). I understand why you like it.. that's fine. For people who know how to take advantage of it and some who really know how to work the system, it can really work wonders... but I'd argue we've crossed a threshold of complexity here that's just too much. I sincerely feel bad for the first-time families who don't have hours and hours of time to dedicate to planning and research ahead of their Disney vacation.. so they get there and are a little bit screwed because they can't get the fastpass system to work to their advantage. Back in the day I would gladly volunteer to help family friends with planning their trip to Disney. These days I just throw my hands up and point them towards a Disney-specific travel agent. I tell them DO NOT try to do this on your own.. let them deal with all the complexities and booking windows for you.

A good compromise for me would be to significantly limit the number of attractions which utilize FP+. Dumbo does not need a fastpass queue. Living with the Land does not need a fastpass queue. I could go on and on about that. Limit it to the headliners in each land.

Whatever you want to call it... the standby queue gets jammed up. It's a scientific fact that the line moves significantly faster without the presence of a Fastpass line. We know this because we know how attractions ops works. I'm not sure if you're arguing semantics here or what, but the whole point is that the standby lines move significantly slower, and that's by design.

I didn't make any mention at all of the standby times. I simply mean that waiting in a 45 minute line that is constantly moving is much preferable to waiting in a 1 hour (or even a similar wait time of 45 minutes) line that remains static for long periods of time due to Fastpass. There are several reasons that FP+ inflates standby times. In addition to what has already been discussed, the FP+ systems has the effect of 'steering' park guests to particular FP queues when they look at their apps and see that it's one of the only attractions available at that time. They otherwise may have had no interest in riding that attraction, and the standby guests will have a longer wait now because of it. This typicall happens at your C/D ticket attractions. Now, I'm not saying that every guest does that, but the amount of guests who do is not insignificant.

Nobody here is saying that FP ruined their vacation. There are a fair amount of guests, including members of this board, who prefer the simplicity of having no fastpass queues for various reasons... that doesn't make us crazy or whiners, just like it doesn't make you crazy or wrong to prefer the FP+ system. For some of us, it allows our visits to be more spontaneous and less planned down to the minutae. For others, they enjoy being able to ride popular attractions without having to stand in a painfully slow standby line (much slower than it would be if there were no FP+ queue). I understand why you like it.. that's fine. For people who know how to take advantage of it and some who really know how to work the system, it can really work wonders... but I'd argue we've crossed a threshold of complexity here that's just too much. I sincerely feel bad for the first-time families who don't have hours and hours of time to dedicate to planning and research ahead of their Disney vacation.. so they get there and are a little bit screwed because they can't get the fastpass system to work to their advantage. Back in the day I would gladly volunteer to help family friends with planning their trip to Disney. These days I just throw my hands up and point them towards a Disney-specific travel agent. I tell them DO NOT try to do this on your own.. let them deal with all the complexities and booking windows for you.

A good compromise for me would be to significantly limit the number of attractions which utilize FP+. Dumbo does not need a fastpass queue. Living with the Land does not need a fastpass queue. I could go on and on about that. Limit it to the headliners in each land.

Like I said, I am done with this silliness. That was a waste of time and effort there. The only reason I am watching this thread is to see when Disney brings FP+ back then I am out. I do not want to see all the gnashing of teeth and whining that is going to occur.

Like I said, I am done with this silliness. That was a waste of time and effort there. The only reason I am watching this thread is to see when Disney brings FP+ back then I am out. I do not want to see all the gnashing of teeth and whining that is going to occur.
I accept your apology

I didn't make any mention at all of the standby times. I simply mean that waiting in a 45 minute line that is constantly moving is much preferable to waiting in a 1 hour (or even a similar wait time of 45 minutes) line that remains static for long periods of time due to Fastpass.
The mental hoop jumping here. Its the same amount of time waiting, who cares if its constantly moving vs stop starting, its 45 mins or 1 hour either way in your example?

I loved FP+, hopefully it comes back how it was mostly.

The mental hoop jumping here. Its the same amount of time waiting, who cares if its constantly moving vs stop starting, its 45 mins or 1 hour either way in your example?

I loved FP+, hopefully it comes back how it was mostly.

We're getting besides the point here. Answer me this.. Does the standby line move quicker without FP+. Yes or no?

It must be horrible being this upset about something like a fast pass. LOL I'll go on my trip next year and if FP+ is available I will continue to use it as I always have. Effectively. I'll even wave at the people standing in the standby line that make rude comments (that I can't repeat here without being banned) as I walk right past them. I've been going to Disney for years and I've never waited in a line longer than 30 minutes. If you're stuck waiting in a line for an hour or more then that's your fault. No one else's. I've waited in plenty of standby lines and not once did I look at the people who are walking past me with a fast pass with judgment. So, just let it go......

Even if they make announcements about bring fast pass and/or dining plan back - really doubt they’d have either one start up right away -
Nope. Hour wait is an hour wait. E tickets will have an hour wait regardless. That’s about the limit people place on waiting in a line. I’ll happily take my fp+ to avoid that.

Nope. Hour wait is an hour wait. E tickets will have an hour wait regardless. That’s about the limit people place on waiting in a line. I’ll happily take my fp+ to avoid that.
I’ve been 3 times since no fast pass - never had a wait of more than 30 minutes

Limited capacity so not real world comparison to the before times.
In truth - I’ve never been a fan of FP+ - mostly because of the whole tier system and pre-planning in general and that it did make the standby lines - especially for non E rides - a lot longer…yes I did book them and yes I did refresh and get more throughout the day - but still not a fan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!