Hoping to see fastpass come back!

I don't think they'll bring the FastPass back. When it was "put on hold", I always felt like they would do something like Universal does. And sure enough, there are rumors of the Lighting Pass. Extending park hours would be nice, in any form.

I hope they bring back fastpass and the dining plan soon! Early morning extra magic hours as well!

We took 2 trips during the non FP time and I enjoyed it so much more. I didn't have to plot out our every move for the entire day and wait times really were not bad at all. I am sure when they bring it back there will be some sort of paid system or tiered FP based on resort accomodations. They will want to capitalize and make money.

As for the dining plan - it also has its limitations and buying discount disney gift cards can realize savings and actually provide more flexibility - Who really wants to have to get dessert any ways? (Maybe that is a poor example- Lol!)

I think changes will be made soon. Actually, I think Disney is a little late. They have increased capacity but are not doing enough to “control” the guests. They need shows to absorb people, they need more dining options either table service or quick serve. The need entertainment options (fireworks)

They also need to give guests reasons to stay on property. Without EMH and an early FP booking window, not to mention DME disappearing why stay on property.

And while I am ranting, if you want folks to buy DVC direct give them some perks to make it attractive

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

EMH, a couple hours of empty parks. Head to lunch, back for our fast passes. Back to the resort for pool time!
They aren’t bringing extra magic hours back as they have in the past. They’ve already announced that sometime before Oct. 1 all parks would be open 30 minutes early for resort guests only. That to me is pointless and worse than the current system that had them basically open 45 minutes early for everybody. The extra time spent checking reservations negates the “perk”.

Think about it with EMH though, if park reservations are required (and they will be long-term), which parks would people make reservations for? The ones with EMH.

I noticed WDW changed the wording around Early Entry from soonish to ‘for the 50th’.

It’s getting old to keep hearing stuff that was planned apart from MK’s 50th is now being held back for it. A little dirty on Disney’s end. Nothing new is coming until the 50th, even if it was supposed to roll out a year ago.

I'm sure they were considering doing it with the fireworks too before the current optimistic state of affairs made it likely guests wouldnt continue to tolerate that as easily.

Early Entry was advertised from the start as rolling out for the 50th - perhaps that wasn’t how it was described on the website, but that is what it said in the original announcement.

• Ratatouille
  • Space220
  • Epcot’s F&G ‘special’ booths and now likely they will do the same with big acts returning for Eat to the Beat
  • FP, Genie, Early Entry… all on hold until the 50th even if they can and were planned to roll out sooner.
I’m fine having visited and tolerated what was necessary to keep the parks running safely. This is different.

Going in November and likely will be at 100% capacity. Cannot imagine going without a fast pass. But agree not paying $100 for an all day pass. Was OK with the 3 per day free with a ticket.

We took 2 trips during the non FP time and I enjoyed it so much more. I didn't have to plot out our every move for the entire day and wait times really were not bad at all. I am sure when they bring it back there will be some sort of paid system or tiered FP based on resort accomodations. They will want to capitalize and make money.

As for the dining plan - it also has its limitations and buying discount disney gift cards can realize savings and actually provide more flexibility - Who really wants to have to get dessert any ways? (Maybe that is a poor example- Lol!)
The value in the dining plan is in prepaying and having no worries about money. It is definately far cheaper to pay as you go.

Fast Pass- YES, but NOT the rumored $100/day/person all day fast pass. Tickets are expensive enough!
My wife and I are older and utilized the FP+ to spend a couple of hours in the park, get on a few attractions, grab a meal, and get out before we become too tired or endure too much pain. The $100 pass will negate all that. We went in April without the FP+ and only got on 2 attractions the entire time. If we weren't just happy to get away, the trip would have been a complete bust for us.

At least at Universal they give you the pass free when staying at the premiums. We are DVC, so it won't be free for us. Maybe their pathetic $10 discount for special events.

FP is horrible., Makes the overall experience so much worse. You're locking it what you have to do 60 days in advance what you're doing at a specific time. Just horrible, I don't know many people that prefer the Florida FP+ to MaxPass. When we went to Disneyland the first time it was like a miracle. People don't realize that every ride with FP creates a bottleneck for the standby line. There are a few rides where it's pretty clear that a virtual que would help. But if you look at the standby times for 90% of the attractions, they're pretty valuable. Slinky and Splash are the two that pop out for me as having over an hour or 60 minutes most of the day. Mine Train is 45-60 most days too but opening TRON would open all those up more. Big Thunder is 25 minutes, Mansion is 25 minutes on average, Small World is 20, Dumbo is 15. Space is 35-45 most times. Everest is 25 minutes. when you add FP back, it adds that much more time to the standby que. I'd rather wait an average of 20-25 minutes and have a coupe that are a hassle then wait 40 for everything that I don't have a FP for and have some flexibility.

From a logistics perspective it is interesting that they might like to bring it back because it would force people to commit to buying tickets 60 days out because conceivable you'd need a park reservation to make a FP reservation unless they get rid of park reservations. Especially when you add the "tiering" in, so dumb. I wish they would ax the character meet and greets that have 60 minute waits and require FP too. So stupid. Do the same thing you're doing now expect let people get closer. I think most people have enjoyed seeing Pooh catch butterflies etc. vs standing in line for 30 minutes for a picture. In Disneyland, my daughter hugged Chewie right next to the pit at Ronto Roasters, just walking around. I've never understood why best practices aren't shared more among the west and east coast. I mean DL could get some help on the food options (although they are rapidly improving) from world. Anyway, put me down for something new/hybrid on FP+. I know some will disagree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter