Hooray for Hollywood!....Literally!

jenseib

Mommy to Claire
Boo hooo, it's over already??
I know. That trip went way too fast!

Glad you and Claire got some park time that morning! I love that shirt you were wearing. I saw it on the ships but I didn't care for the colour but loved it still.
I love that shirt. I wear it all the time

Sounded like a rough journey home but you made it, you didn't kill Skip and you're safe and sound.
Yeah, those last few hours were hard and I had a lot of not so nice thoughts.

Tell Skip, next time you go back, it will be with a friend.
I'm all for that!

Hope you're feeling a little better by now and your ankle is healing.
I am doing a lot better now. But I do think my ankle is never going to be normal like it was again. It still has a small lump on the side.

Oh gosh, that sounds like an exhausting trip home and then Skips' comments.....grrrrrr.....I bet your own bed felt wonderful that night!!!
grrr is absolutely right!

Wow - so exhausting! But I guess that is the way when you travel with family!
Yep! They require a lot of work. Claire is pretty good to travel with alone.

jenseib

Mommy to Claire
Final Thoughts

We had our ups and downs and it was a totally different trip and vibe than when Claire and I go alone, but I am glad he did come with us. I do know that cruising would be a better option for us as a family. He can go off and do what he wants more easily, yet not too far away that he would totally be lost. Plus most everything is included on a cruise, so he wouldn’t be having a fit over the price of food, etc.

I know I did some major complaining at times, but we had a lot of fun. I would love to vacation with my husband again and as a family…..but I need a while to recuperate from that. LOL! He’s just not as travel savvy and Claire is not perfect, but she’s usually pretty good. But she has her stubborn moments as well, believe me. She gets it from both of us.

If I had a choice, I would have stayed longer and had some complete rest days in between. In my original plans, the Universal day was going to be just a little time at DL and mainly resting or checking out Disney Springs. I am glad we went to Universal though and I would love to go back again.

The Hollywood day was so much fun. Again, if we had stayed longer, I would have probably not gone to the park that night and just rested up. I am not opposed to doing another tour like that in the future.

Claire loved Disneyland and wants to go back. She prefers Maxpass over fastpass WDW style and I have to agree.

We were happy with the Fairfield Inn. I would pick Disneyland Hotel any day over it, but for the price, it was good and was basically the same exact distance from the parks as DL Hotel.

Food wise, we didn’t have many fabulous meals as I was working with one who is very picky and one who is cheap! LOL! But we survived and ate more than enough.

Currently I don’t have any more vacations planned this year. We really lucked out with getting the Disneyland one just a month and a half after our Jan/ Feb cruise. So I can’t complain there either.

We have something planned for next summer and we are pretty excited for that, but I need to start saving up and maybe I can fit another small trip in before that!

Thanks for reading!

• acndis

DIS Veteran
    Great report! We are headed to LA next month for my son's water polo tournament and turning around to go back again in August with Adventures by Disney so all your info was very useful!

I love your sense and humor and tell it like it is style! Many of your comments had me laughing out loud. Hoping you put another trip together so we can enjoy another report.

jenseib

Mommy to Claire
    Great report! We are headed to LA next month for my son's water polo tournament and turning around to go back again in August with Adventures by Disney so all your info was very useful!
    OOOH! I would love to do Adventures by Disney!

I love your sense and humor and tell it like it is style! Many of your comments had me laughing out loud. Hoping you put another trip together so we can enjoy another report.
    Thanks
    I do have my recent report about our January cruise too if you haven't read that one. (We put the DYS in Functional).

Our next planned trip is a year away! I hope I can sneak something in before that.

CandyMouse

Mouseketeer
    Great trip report! I really enjoyed all your pictures and you have a great sense of humor! I have a question about the Lyft or Uber that you took to Universal from Disneyland? Just wondering what time of day you left and if it was during the week and how long it took to get there? Thanks!

jenseib

Mommy to Claire
    Great trip report! I really enjoyed all your pictures and you have a great sense of humor! I have a question about the Lyft or Uber that you took to Universal from Disneyland? Just wondering what time of day you left and if it was during the week and how long it took to get there? Thanks!
    It was during the week. I want to say we left around 10:15ish and it was just under an hour. I really didn't pay attention to the time.

• HeyyCali

Earning My Ears
    I always live reading your cruise trip reports! Great to see your take on my hometown! So many great details, these are handy when I have guests come to visit. Can't wait for your next trip!

jenseib

Mommy to Claire
    I always live reading your cruise trip reports! Great to see your take on my hometown! So many great details, these are handy when I have guests come to visit. Can't wait for your next trip!
    Thanks for reading!
    I can't wait for my next one too. Currently that is not till June of next year, but hopefully I can sneak in something before then. I might possibly have a work trip to Universal in Jan.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates