HOOP-DEE-DO Survival ?

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
1. The Luau at the Poly is confirmed as closed forever.
2. No word on HOOP.
3. The Luau (in our opinion) could have always been better.
4. But, HOOP is a HOOT-and-HOLLER event.
5. WDW did not say why, but we can all guess it is manpower cost.
6. WDW has been cutting almost ANYTHING possible with manpower.
. . . Fife and Drum Corps
. . . British Invasion (by any name)
. . . Off Kilter (replaced with cheaper uninteresting entertainment)
. . . Piano playing at Rose-and-Crown
. . . Piano bar entertainment at Port Orleans (both)
. . . Country Bear Jamboree Christmas conversion

NOTE:
. . . Walt probably would be happy with the success of the Disney Company.
. . . But, probably not approve of the reduction in Guest Satisfaction.
. . . Roy's were the businessmen, but Walt was all about the magic and the guest.

1. The Luau at the Poly is confirmed as closed forever.
2. No word on HOOP.
3. The Luau (in our opinion) could have always been better.
4. But, HOOP is a HOOT-and-HOLLER event.
5. WDW did not say why, but we can all guess it is manpower cost.
6. WDW has been cutting almost ANYTHING possible with manpower.
. . . Fife and Drum Corps
. . . British Invasion (by any name)
. . . Off Kilter (replaced with cheaper uninteresting entertainment)
. . . Piano playing at Rose-and-Crown
. . . Piano bar entertainment at Port Orleans (both)
. . . Country Bear Jamboree Christmas conversion

NOTE:
. . . Walt probably would be happy with the success of the Disney Company.
. . . But, probably not approve of the reduction in Guest Satisfaction.
. . . Roy's were the businessmen, but Walt was all about the magic and the guest.

We had a DIS camper mention on a trip report thread that his DW got to stick her head in the HDDR hall and talked with workers who were there. They have applied new varnish and updated the light system. See post #333 for the comments at the bottom:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/january-2022-trip-reports.3860064/page-17

Hope it's coming back. Would like to book it for November.

Ed

It's a shame about the Luau ... but that makes me think the HDDR will stay around for dinner entertainment options.

If Reflections got built, I think it would have been HDDR getting the axe instead of the Luau.

A good friend of mine and her family are currently staying at The Fort. While they were out and about this morning completing the St. Patrick's Day scavenger hunt, they were told that The Hoop is supposed to reopen this June.
Hopefully the info she was given is accurate. I'll be sure to update if I hear anything else.

For the first year and a half or so of Covid, I thought that Hoop Dee Doo wasn't happening because of pandemic logistics such as singing unmasked in close proximity to people dining. I thought perhaps they might have to re-write the show and that's what was taking so long. After seeing Galactic Starcruiser footage, it is clear that the show doesn't need to be re-written, as there are singers and performers milling about the crowds on the Starcruiser. I am annoyed that HDD isn't back yet, as it clearly *could* be back but they are choosing not to do so for some reason. At least give us some crumbs to hold on to and tell us that it will be back at some vague timeframe in the summer or the fall, like Disney has done with the tumble monkeys and Victoria and Albert's recently.

It's a shame about the Luau ... but that makes me think the HDDR will stay around for dinner entertainment options . . .

1. I certainly hope you are correct.
2. However, there are examples to the opposite.
. . . they closed several Signature meals.
. . . some were replaced with character meals
. . . some replaced with cheapie meals
. . . others were just shut down
. . . with money-hungry DIS, one never knows
3. HDDR is too good and too popular to shutter.
4. Maybe WDW will recognize these facts.

We checked into Fort Wilderness today and they sent me a survey to ask about our stay I answer the survey and said that we have always had a good time at the Fort however they need to bring back Hoopdee do review The front desk read the review and called me and told me that Hooptie is definitely coming back they are in contract negotiations with the cast and they have a little bit more work to do on the building and it should be open by June

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter