Hoop De Doo Revue

mouserrificmom

DIS Veteran
A month or so ago there was talk of HDDR cast members being called back and some work being done at Pioneer Hall - haven't seen or heard anything more recently and am wondering if there are any updates out there? Now that so much more is being relaxed, I imagine since the food is served family style, if they modify the show to keep all of the performers on stage rather than ciruculating, it could work!!

We have been to this show multiple times over the years and by far my favorite cast was present in October 2005. The actress playing Claire de Lune was a downright riot! We've seen many other performers trying that role over the years and I've never seen anybody pull it off quite as hysterical or with a better laugh than this one.

We have been to this show multiple times over the years and by far my favorite cast was present in October 2005. The actress playing Claire de Lune was a downright riot! We've seen many other performers trying that role over the years and I've never seen anybody pull it off quite as hysterical or with a better laugh than this one.

I am not sure which Claire you are thinking of, but if it's the same one I am, I agree with you! My favorite cast was by far the ones I saw back in the early 2000's. One of the first ones I saw was my favorite, but they kinda dropped the joke. It was during Clementine, and she kept swimming away, and guys were like "she cannot swim...." and she kept swimming harder and harder. And they just kinda stared at her. I have seen a few of them kinda hold that for a second or two, but it never had the same impact.

Some of that may just be my nostalgia for the good ol' days. :-)

But yes, I try to go once a year or so. I miss it!

Also eagerly awaiting any further news on HDDR coming back after that rumor of CM's being called back. Wondering how long they might rehearse for if there are modifications to the show? I love going to the 4 PM show and heading back to MK for the evening.

Also eagerly awaiting any further news on HDDR coming back after that rumor of CM's being called back. Wondering how long they might rehearse for if there are modifications to the show? I love going to the 4 PM show and heading back to MK for the evening.

As much as I would not like it, I foresee some modifications. I am not sure if they will get as up close and personal with the audience. They may still roam around and ask people questions, but sometimes they would sit in someone's lap, or touch them. Plus the audience who participates on the stage and giving them costumes. They may have to spread the shows our further or go down to 2 showings (new cleaning procedures?). I would hate to see those aspects go away. But I trust Disney will still maintain the spirit, even if some modifications have to be made.

As much as I would not like it, I foresee some modifications. I am not sure if they will get as up close and personal with the audience. They may still roam around and ask people questions, but sometimes they would sit in someone's lap, or touch them. Plus the audience who participates on the stage and giving them costumes. They may have to spread the shows our further or go down to 2 showings (new cleaning procedures?). I would hate to see those aspects go away. But I trust Disney will still maintain the spirit, even if some modifications have to be made.

That's a good point and attitude. My daughters want to spend Christmas eve at HDDR, so am crossing fingers they re-open by then. . .even a modified version would be special, as I'm sure they would keep it cheery & fun. Being modified would give us a chance at a "Remember that one time that HDDR did it differently" story in the future.

I'm totally okay with modifications if it means they can return to the stage. I was initially wondering how long they'd be in rehearsals for with potential modifications, which might be why there's a lag from the time the CM's were called back to when the show actually can return. Keeping my fingers crossed it's soon!

With the way Disney is going in the direction of complete normalcy maybe the show isn't going to open until they can do it 100% the same way it was. Which shouldn't be far off with the way things are progressing. I think it'll be open in time for the 50th.

Or not at all because WDW seems to be against paying Equity actors. ‘Why cant we use CP’ers in the performing arts”.

intetionally sarcastic, The Hoop De Do Revue is one of my favorites and im afraid the TDO wreck it crew is hard at work on wrecking this too

Or not at all because WDW seems to be against paying Equity actors. ‘Why cant we use CP’ers in the performing arts”.

intetionally sarcastic, The Hoop De Do Revue is one of my favorites and im afraid the TDO wreck it crew is hard at work on wrecking this too
I certainly hope you are incorrect with this. HDR is one of the most loved shows in Disney and the fact that they have been using "equity actors" I don't believe in a major issue because the pay scale for them is certainly not extravagant. I'm not even sure if they are mandated to use them even though they have been using them.

The current bargaining agreement between WDW and AEA expires September 2022. So when Hoop-De-Doo returns Disney will use Equity performers.

I, too, am hoping the Revue returns soon. I suspect as soon as all sides feel comfortable at 100% it will.

The current bargaining agreement between WDW and AEA expires September 2022. So when Hoop-De-Doo returns Disney will use Equity performers.

I, too, am hoping the Revue returns soon. I suspect as soon as all sides feel comfortable at 100% it will.

We all hope HDDR returns soon,

everyone except the bean counters. Who instead of focusing on the profit made by the show, they obsess over the cost of the people putting on the show. This equity actor costs us X if we could replace them with a sullen college program kid it would cost us 5 x less per hour to fill this role. Forgetting of course many of the guests are coming to see a specific performer or two not some random performing arts major.

where pre Cheap-ek The show makes money lets get on with the show.

Well, ford91, we will see.

That venue has been a signatory since it opened. I suppose Disney could not bring back the show until the agreement runs out in 2022. Then cast it with non-guild performers.

I don't think that will happen.

I just did a google search on when it will open. It said, "Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue To Reopen at Fort Wilderness Campground On September 20th. In the aftermath of Hurricane Irma, one of the areas of Walt Disney World Resort that sustained the most damage was Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. "

I just did a google search on when it will open. It said, "Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue To Reopen at Fort Wilderness Campground On September 20th. In the aftermath of Hurricane Irma, one of the areas of Walt Disney World Resort that sustained the most damage was Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. "

First, love your username, great Holy Grail reference. Second, I think that's probably info from a few years ago after Hurricane Irma unfortunately.

I'm hoping for the return as well.

Don't get our hopes up just to have them dashed like that!!!!! 😉

What a tease!

At first I'm so happy; I'm arriving at The World on September 20. Then I'm let down; Hurricane Irma was 2017.

A month or so ago there was talk of HDDR cast members being called back and some work being done at Pioneer Hall - haven't seen or heard anything more recently and am wondering if there are any updates out there? Now that so much more is being relaxed, I imagine since the food is served family style, if they modify the show to keep all of the performers on stage rather than ciruculating, it could work!!
I had the same waitress in 1981 and 2019! Hoping this comes back in full at some point. I have not heard anything but I keep checking 🤞🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter