Hoop De Doo Review

daverene

Earning My Ears
So my wife Heard a rumor that the cast of the hoop Dee Doo review are getting called back has anybody heard of this or have any insight on this would love to see the hoop Dee Doo review come back and open back up again

I haven't read anything official about HDDR, but I did read THIS on an unknown site. I know they have open positions for quick service restaurants. They have recalled all the furloughed CMs for QS. A small sign things are starting to return to a new normal.

j

Last edited:
If they do, they will have to have the cast perform together to make sure they are still in tip-top shape (yes they could probably do the show in their sleep still) but may need to reestablish the comedic timing.

Back in 2013, my dad and I were at the Fort to see my kid DS#2 march at Universal with his high school band. DW couldn't go and delegated the responsibility to keep me from having too much fun to my retired father (who always has a bag packed by the door ready to go at a moment's notice). Honestly, she could not have picked a worse travelling companion. My dad will stay out and have fun by himself and I have trouble keeping up with him.

Wholesome fun, of course. But he can still get into trouble. I took him to Mardi Gras once (and let's leave it right there) .....

Anyway, at breakfast at Trails End, the Host podium outside had this sign:

They were training back-up HDDR Cast Members who would be fill-ins when the main cast went on vacation, etc. But of course they need to practice on the actual stage in front of actual people.

Dad and I sat in on the rehearsals. See this link from 2013 and see post #30.

Scroll down and read post #30

I tell you that story to tell you that they would probably have to do an abbreviated review like the above and prep before performing HDDR in front of paying customers. And hopefully we will hear of it. They won't go out stone cold.

Hopefully your DW heard the truth, daveandrene, and this is another step in returning to "normal" at WDW.

Bama Ed

I read it on a few reliable Facebook sites that the HDDR cast was recalled. I'm wonder if they will change up the show (at first) with less interaction like at the ending?

Im hopeing they go into it with there 94 percent effective shots and don't change a thing. Im so over covid , and staying in, and isolating the kids. Over a year now. Its starting to get to me. We need hoop de do. And everything else. Before its too late!
Right there with you

If someone is at the fort is there any activity at the hoop dee doo review of maybe ask a bus driver
Thanks

1) Yes, there is a recall of past perfoormers.
2) From what I hear, most (not all) are returning.
3) We cannot wait to return to HDDR.

NOTE:
. . . we have seen HDDR often enough to repeat the jokes
. . . we took Dad (1-yr before his death) and he laughed and laughed
. . . if noting else, we return YEARLY for that memory
. . . AND DAMN, we have tears during the show
. . . once, folks around us asked why we we crying
. . . when we told them, they bought us a drink

Any updates? Our trip is in August and this is literally a MUST DO!

There has been no word on HDR as of yet. They're steadily working on getting the parks and resorts back fully open so I think it's still going to be a while before HDR opens.

Hoping this is ok to ask this here versus making a new thread....

Wondering everyone’s thoughts on whether you feel it’s worthwhile to attend (for the show) even if you know you won’t enjoy/eat the food?? Thought it could be a fun addition to our first fort trip this fall (if it’s reopened), but know that at least a couple people in the group will not eat the food (one because they don’t like that kind of food and the other due to dietary restrictions). Is the show entertaining enough that it would feel worth the cost for the show knowing they’ll do their own dinner before / after?

If the chef knows ahead of time about the dietary restrictions/food allergies, they will make an alternate meal for that person.

I'm not so sure about the one who doesn't like that kind of food but maybe they would do something in that case as well, I'm not sure.

And don't forget, all you can drink beer, sangria and soft drinks is included in the price too.

Hoping this is ok to ask this here versus making a new thread....

Wondering everyone’s thoughts on whether you feel it’s worthwhile to attend (for the show) even if you know you won’t enjoy/eat the food?? Thought it could be a fun addition to our first fort trip this fall (if it’s reopened), but know that at least a couple people in the group will not eat the food (one because they don’t like that kind of food and the other due to dietary restrictions). Is the show entertaining enough that it would feel worth the cost for the show knowing they’ll do their own dinner before / after?
Not the biggest BBQ fan here (but my DH and kids are) I usually graze and leave hungry, but would NEVER miss it. Must do for us - regardless of food. (Doesn't hurt that my DH and 3 boys eat more than enough to make up for my minimal eating, LOL) But I'd go for show no matter what. FWIW, it's not bad food. Typical and easy to eat - corn, meats, etc. Just not my thing typically.

My need for gluten free was accommodated easily. Have your friend with dietary restrictions contact WDW's dietary team.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/

As far as the one who just doesn't like 'that kind' of food, not much can be done about that.

The decision as to whether or not it's 'worth it' to pay just to see the show is really individual. Would I have paid $66 +tax/tip (cheapest seats) just for the show? Probably not, but there are plenty of people who would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!