Honeymoon ideas?

leebee

DIS Veteran
DD is being married here at home but they will honeymoon at Disney! They'll be at Coronado Springs resort in early November. As they are on a budget for both wedding and honeymoon, I am trying to think of something special to do for them as a "honeymoon gift" while at Disney. Any suggestions? I am used to planning commando theme park vacations with my little girl- who's not so little anymore, I guess!

Most important: what do they like?
Are they about back stage tours experiences or dinner at a fancy place.

Ask what they would like to receive. It is without your budget, maybe they can add it to their registry to collect the money for an experience.

A special dinner (California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse...so many to choose from) and order them a celebration cake to be delivered to their table as a surprise.
Horse drawn carriage ride (Port Orleans). Note: I don't know if this is available right now due to Covid
A portrait session with Disney Photography. I don't know if she can wear her wedding dress but you can always ask.
A spa day. Note: I don't know if spas are open right now.
Dessert Party. I know these aren't available right now but if they are by the time their honeymoon rolls around, it's fun. P.S. The dessert party they had in Epcot served alcohol.

If it's within your budget, keep an eye out to see if Victoria & Albert's reopens. Since they're on a budget of their own, this would be the ultimate splurge.

Another if-it's-operating option might be a private sunset fireworks cruise. You could send a bottle of champagne and a celebration cake their way to take with them. Early November might not be too chilly for that yet.

Coronado Springs has recently updated with the opening of the Grand Destino Towers. This location is beautiful (the elevators are a trip!)...
Rooftop Toledo’s Restaurant and Dahlia’ s Lounge (rooftop seating) would be romantic. Also check out the photos of the new 3 Bridges Bar & Grill . They recently constructed 3 bridges to make it convenient to walk from CS to pool area and new Tower and Main Building. The Bar&Grill is in the center connected by the 3 bridges. The walk at night is truly an unexpected pleasure. They have included some benches on the bridge but 3Bridges Bar & Grill is deluxe dining with open air seating and many tables that feel private... I’m not sure what will be re-opened in November but I’m pretty certain the 3 Bridges Bar & Grill is open.

P.S. I hope I have not gotten Coronado Springs mixed up with Caribbean Resort Haha ...

Last edited:
Tough to know what the options will be by November. You could book an ADR and start buying Disney gift cards and if something more appealing becomes available no problem cancelling the ADR and using the gift cards toward the "new" thing.

My in-laws specifically gave us a $100 gift card which covered a great dinner at Sanaa. My mom got us bride and groom ears beforehand - and it's honestly really nice to hear people just saying congratulations as you're walking around. It just makes it feel special (I always make sure to congratulate others or say happy birthday if they're wearing a pin). The CM's were just so nice to us too - it was really a special trip. I'm not sure how it is with COVID and I've known others on their honeymoon that didn't receive any pixie dust, but I kid you not we did not pay for a single starbucks coffee or dole whip the whole time we were there. A CM in Gaston's Tavern gave us a souvenir mug for our lefou's brew, and a CM in animal kingdom literally chased us across a bridge to give us each a mickey pretzel. Granted we're always really nice to CM's and strike up conversations with them whenever we can, so I think our attitude probably got us some pixie dust - but if your DD and her future spouse go for it, I had lots of fun with us matching. I got us "just married" buttons from etsy before we went, and had us matching most days - we wore those hubby/wifey disney shirts and I got us both lion king shirts from kohls for example. It was just lots of fun to be totally cheesy.

Definitely look at the special tours Disney does that are open now, depending on your budget and how long they'll be there. I've only done Behind the Seeds. We had Keys to the Kingdom booked for our last trip, but that was when COVID happened and it got cancelled.

If Disney is still doing in and they have time, they should totally do a DVC tour. It was a cool few hours. Again, pre-COVID, but they picked us up from our resort, took us to SS for a presentation, and afterwards we got ice cream/3 fast passes/a gift card each - which we definitely immediately emptied out at the Food and Wine festival. They also drove us to where we were going next (dropped us right off at AK).

But I hope they have the best trip ever! Our Disneymoon was definitely our best Disney trip.

I'd suggest getting them Memory Maker if they don't already have it so they can all their photos from their trip! Also, consider buying them the wedding ear hats and/or surprising them with a Disney Floral and Gifts arrangement/gift basket in their room. They have some really special in-room celebrations, but they also have smaller things like champagne or just a simple floral arrangement.

Some of my favorite things from our wedding trip/ honeymoon were:
  • Matching bride/ groom or mr/mrs outfits (look on etsy)
  • Bride and groom ears
  • Memory maker for pictures
  • In room celebrations (Disney Floral and Gifts)
  • Magic Kingdom dessert party for fireworks (or a fireworks cruise on a boat would be nice too)
  • Upgrade to park hopper tickets
  • Nice dinners / dining plan
  • Upgrade to Deluxe hotel

My DD was married at Shades of Green and they honeymooned at Disney (obviously). We got them Mr and Mrs ears which my son in law swore he would only where where I would see them and then never took them off, and paid for their photopass so that they could have as many pictures of their honeymoon as possible. I also, somewhere on line, found a list of where they could find photographers and magic shots and printed that out for them.

We just got back from our honeymoon a couple weeks ago; I'll throw my recommendations out below:

-Mr & Mrs Ears (or coordinating ears)
-Honeymoon/Disneymoon pins (these are also helpful for Photopass as they may do a couple extra photos for it)
-Memory Maker
-Dinner at somewhere special (ex: we did Topppolino's at Riviera and it was AMAZING)
-Disney Floral/Gifts (some things weren't available due to Covid, so that may change by the time they get there)
-Celebratory cake
-Couples massage at one of the spas (not opened back up yet, but may be by then)

We ended up renting DVC points and stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo) and we're so happy we did it. We originally were most likely aiming for a value or moderate, but we're happy we took the splurge and went deluxe. It was AMAZING.

I’m surprising my husband with the sangria university class! It’s only 45 a person, which honestly sounds like a steal for a wine class!
That class does look so much fun and like a really good deal. I bet it would be fun for a honeymoon, too, and the OP's daughter is already gonna be right there at Coronado Springs. Such a good idea.

We had our honeymoon at WDW and there were a couple of stand out moments which we loved:

- A carriage ride around Port Orleans with some hot cocoa in our refillable mugs
- As others have said, the bride and groom ears are great
- Memory Maker and you could always pay for a photo pass session in MK if they want some really special photos, there are 2 different packages at the moment I think or you could arrange for them to have a photoshoot with a local photographer at one of the resorts.
- A special dinner. We chose California Grill and have been back on every trip since as we see it as our special restaurant with wonderful memories.
- A Disney gift card; my MIL gave us one with strict instructions to "get something special for the house to remember your trip" so we ended up getting a personalised sketch of the floating lanterns scene from Tangled with the date and "Disneymoon" on it. It's hanging in our hallway and always makes me happy when I walk past it.

I'm sure they'll have a lovely trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter