Honeymoon from Hell at the Beach Club Villas last week

Status
Not open for further replies.
TinkerbellTris said:
No, you are quite correct people who travel to WDW every year, i see how thats beneficial i suppose. However it is a complete rip off to those of us who go once every 4 - 5 years. I do go to Disneyland up to 3 times a year and still i do understand the dvc carries over to Disneyland resorts as well. But even us going 3 times a year with the discounts we get with our AP's it's seams more a of a rip off to me. The AP's get you a great room discount and discount at dining, and stores in DL and CA. (we have premium passes) So I just don't see where DVC would save us, it actually costs us more than to just keep our Ap's. And I would not be making rude comments unless prevoked, so what you need to do is read the last few pages where I posted a comment to the op leaving a message to actually give advice rather than bash him like others were doing, and i got hated on just the same. I thought the point here was to give advice and help others, not bash someone who was venting about a bad stay. On the flip side, I have never had a bad stay. And seeing the light, was the information about the fact you are responsible for paying ownership fee's above the actual buy in and still they can not keep the resort immaculate? I would be absolutly upset if i was a DVC and my resort I pay Dear for was as filthy as this was described. However I've never stayed there (had no desire) so I'm going based off what the op stated about the room. But thanks for calling my comments nasty. Now go back and read the entire thread, than ask yourself if my comments were nasty, or just my opinions after being hated on.

So what you are really saying is that you don't even go to Disney World, except every four or five years? And you would want a timeshare there, WHY??? You have no idea what you're even talking about... :rolleyes: And why are you posting on a DVC board since it is such a rip off? :teeth:

Just curious :confused3

TinkerbellTris said:
No, you are quite correct people who travel to WDW every year, i see how thats beneficial i suppose. However it is a complete rip off to those of us who go once every 4 - 5 years. I do go to Disneyland up to 3 times a year and still i do understand the dvc carries over to Disneyland resorts as well. But even us going 3 times a year with the discounts we get with our AP's it's seams more a of a rip off to me. The AP's get you a great room discount and discount at dining, and stores in DL and CA. (we have premium passes) So I just don't see where DVC would save us, it actually costs us more than to just keep our Ap's. And I would not be making rude comments unless prevoked, so what you need to do is read the last few pages where I posted a comment to the op leaving a message to actually give advice rather than bash him like others were doing, and i got hated on just the same. I thought the point here was to give advice and help others, not bash someone who was venting about a bad stay. On the flip side, I have never had a bad stay. And seeing the light, was the information about the fact you are responsible for paying ownership fee's above the actual buy in and still they can not keep the resort immaculate? I would be absolutly upset if i was a DVC and my resort I pay Dear for was as filthy as this was described. However I've never stayed there (had no desire) so I'm going based off what the op stated about the room. But thanks for calling my comments nasty. Now go back and read the entire thread, than ask yourself if my comments were nasty, or just my opinions after being hated on.

Sorry, but DVC is not a ''rip off'' for people that go every 3-5 years. It's not really desgined for people that go every 3-5 years :confused3

Dvc can be used in Disneyland, as well. ALso in Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong, etc. I do know exactly what i'm talking about, since the points can be used at a Disneyland Resort in California where I go 3 times a year. The reason I posted on a dvc thread was in response to the op. As for using the word hated on, hahaha funny you'd make the remark about high school, well on the west coast there are 50 year olds who say it. Keep in mind the slang usually begins on the east coast and about 2 years later hits the west coast and never dies. But since I'm under 30 years old it is still relevant to me.

TinkerbellTris said:
Dvc can be used in Disneyland, as well. ALso in Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong, etc. I do know exactly what i'm talking about, since the points can be used at a Disneyland Resort in California where I go 3 times a year. The reason I posted on a dvc thread was in response to the op. As for using the word hated on, hahaha funny you'd make the remark about high school, well on the west coast there are 50 year olds who say it. Keep in mind the slang usually begins on the east coast and about 2 years later hits the west coast and never dies. But since I'm under 30 years old it is still relevant to me.

Sorry, but you still don't get it. DVC points are meant to be used at DVC resorts. That's where the value comes, and why so many of us are crazy for our DVC.

The other uses you mention are mainly for some flexibility when traveling to other parts of the country.

Did you even read the DVC material when you considered buying?

If you truly want to write a letter that will be taken seriously this is my recommendation. Only include the following from your orginial letter.

After checking in we went towards to elevator to get to our room and as the elevator doors open, you can see the floor (hardwood) is coming apart in some places, looked very scratched, and there were gum stains stuck to the bottom of it.

When the elevator doors opened up, we walk down the hall and can see the carpet which is worn out with many stained areas. Something that also got my attention was the light fixtures down the hallway…many of them were not straight and looked lop-sided (reminded me of the haunted mansion, not the beach club).

Finally to our room, and we excitedly open the door to find a stain right there on the wall along with a wooded coat/hat hanger rod missing and unscrewed from the wall. We go ahead and begin unpacking and I decide to go to the bathroom to find some sort of bug crawling around on the floor…so at this point I'm a little worried about how the rest of the week is going to be.

Well it actually got worse…

I ended up seeing over 8 different bugs in and around the bathroom including one BIG cockroach (and these were just the ones I noticed while we were in the room). We noticed the elevator button control panel on the second floor was pushed into the wall and the wall was cracked, someone had cut one of the corners to close to took a section out of the wall heading towards the elevator area and apparently the ice/vending machine room is used as a smoke room rather than an ice/vending machine

Leave out the rest. I am not even sure I would mention renting from a Member. Not sure when it comes to complaints how Disney handles the Renter situation. You would hope they would respond the same as a paying cash guest or to the Member but not sure.

The rest of your letter is simply bad luck and while terribly disappointing for you, nothing that Disney was repsonible for. It minimizes your real complaints to include anything that can be perceived as just whining about your misfortune.

The Dining plan is great but it has been discussed that if you get sick it is a bad situation. But that is a risk someone takes.

Why on earth would you every consider DVC if you go to a DisneyLand resort 3 times a year? I'm with jodifla....you are FAR from knowing what you're talking about :sad2:

jodifla said:
Sorry, but you still don't get it. DVC points are meant to be used at DVC resorts. That's where the value comes, and why so many of us are crazy for our DVC.

The other uses you mention are mainly for some flexibility when traveling to other parts of the country.

Did you even read the DVC material when you considered buying?

::yes:: :teacher: ::yes:: what jodifla said.....

Give me a break. My family was there at the same time and we each got the stomach flu and now I know where it came from. Did I write a letter to Disney? The answer is simply no.

You post on a DVC board that the DVC is a rip off, which is basically insulting every DVC owner here by telling us we are a bunch of idiots for buying into something so foolish. If anyone is doing the "hating" it's you. I think you need to do your research because I am with the others in saying you have no idea what you're talking about.

As for the slang, I won't even comment. :rotfl2:

Wow, i think you all don't get it. Yes i did read the material. Thats is fantastic that is works out for you all. I'm aware of the DVC resorts and their location. I obviously know the points can be spent at any disney hotel, and it is more value to stay at a DVc. I simply said it is a rip off to all of us who live on the west coast who only travel one time every 3 - 5 years to Florida, the points are not worth it to spend at our disneyland, as it would be in Florida. However in reply to the op weather he is telling the truth or lying i don't know, when he described the hotel as he did i thought hmmmm, that's a rip off if i was an owner or even rented points or even paid to stay there it's a rip off to spend that kind of money and it be filthy. Now he could have been lying and it could be the cleanest resort on the property, I don't care i commented on what was said. I, in my opinion in which i'm entitled feel it is a rip off (if in fact the op is telling the truth) that you would pay all that money to buy in, and pay your ownership dues, then have a filthy resort to show for it. What does disney use your money for, if they can not even keep the resort you pay dear for clean? Anyways, who cares, you are all over me when all i did was comment on this guys honeymoon. ANd if you happy with your DVC ownership then thats great for you. Don't imply I do not read the material sent, i read it all and i seem to understand it just fine. ANd yes it is a rip off to me, for me, for my vacation.

Please keep any further posts to the original topic of this thread.

DVC is purchased by most of us for use in WDW. Although you can use the points purchased at locations all over, the amount of points needed for those vacations is normally quite high. DVC doesn't sound like its for you or the OP but most of us are very happy with our purchase. You may also want to reread your replys before you post them.

Chuck S said:
Please keep any further posts to the original topic of this thread.
This thread is another perfect illustration of why we might consider closing all but a handful of threads (ROFR and one or two others) after 5 pages...Anything this long always turns into one of those contests where everybody gets wet.

TinkerbellTris said:
This is exactly why I stay FAR away from the entire DVC ownership, it's a huge rip off, and i know a lot about real estate, and believe me it's not that great of a deal. ......I thought you booked thru a travel agency who if you did and had vacation insurance (which if on my honeymoon i would have purchased) could have done something for you. .

Did I read this right? DVC is a RIPOFF, but Vacation Insurance is a good value????????? :lmao:

This thread has refused to stay on topic. It is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter