Honest Opinion - what is Disneyland Paris like?

julieannbabe

<font color=blue>I am a <font color=red>summer <fo
I have never been to Disneyland Paris before - I have been to Disney in California and Florida.

I was thinking of going for two days just after Christmas.

I am going to try and not compare it to Florida.

Is it worth me going?

What will it be like at Christmas?

Thanks,

Julie

I think every post in this forum is an honest opinion - we all talk about DLRP and visit it as often as we can because we love it.

A good place to look at what people think and what DLRP has to offer is the trip reports thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=348754

My wife preferred it to WDW and we both preferred it to Tokyo Disney, but it's all Disney and it's all great! Christmas is magical in Disneyland Resort Paris - so much so that I, and a fair few other members of this board have booked, and will be waking up on Christmas morning in DLRP!

The christmas season is wonderful and it is a really magical place. I would say you will have a wonderful time , try to have an open mind and not say to yourself ''its not like...''

It is my favourite park.

I used to live in Canada and we used to drive down to WDW. I now live in UK and have been to DLP 4 times-I MUCH prefer DLP. The park itself IMHO is nicer than Magic Kingdom and the DLP castle is SOOOOO beautiful!! It really is very hard to compare the two as WDW is on such a bigger scale-just two completely different experiences. I have two young children that just wouldn't appreciate all of the extra parks etc at WDW and I find that DLP is much more 'manageable' for us. We will probably go to WDW when kids are much older but DLP will always be my favourite. We have booked to go at end of Nov for Christmas season and although I haven't been during Xmas season before I have heard and seen pictures that just don't compare to any other park at any time of the year. I personally feel that the colder weather makes it feel more like Christmas-just can't imagine going during Christmas season to WDW. I think the Christmas season at DLP would 'knock your socks off' and it would certainly be different from any other visit you've had to the other parks.

Having just got back from Anaheim I'd say you'll find DLP to be VERY much like that park. I love all the 3 MKs I've been to so far but you do have to take each of them on their own merits. But DLP is a wonderful park and extra specially so in the Christmas season. You'll love it.

My wife and I were there for the first time in July and loved the parcs - they are pure Disney magic and we loved them!

We love it there. We prefer parts of DLP to WDW. I've always said that if I lived in London, I'd be on the Eurostar for a weekend trip at least once a month or so.

Each park seems to have a unique feel, with a Disney family of parks.
Given the European origins of many of the stories DLP imagineers have created a magical park.
I'm sure you will enjoy it :goodvibes

Reid

julieannbabe said:
I have never been to Disneyland Paris before - I have been to Disney in California and Florida.
I was thinking of going for two days just after Christmas.
I am going to try and not compare it to Florida.
Is it worth me going?
What will it be like at Christmas?
Thanks,
Julie

I'm new to DLRP but this might help ...

Last August my wife won a radio competition for a halloween holiday to DLRP. Im 44 year old, thought disney was for kids and objected to being told where to go on holiday. I was against it right up to the point where the coach pulled up outside the Newport Bay hotel. The hotel was fantastic, and as soon as we walked into Disney Village I was converted. I spent the next 3 days getting my face painted, experiencing ALL the rides and generally acting like a 10yo - exactly the same age as my daughter.

We have booked again for Halloween this year, and my annual bonus has just been spent booking a week in december. We will be back next summer and again at halloween.

DLRP is dangerous - it is highly addictive and should have a "fun" warning on it. I guarantee you will not be disappointed :)

I love WDW but as we live in UK, DLP is a good Disney fix when you can't spare the time or money to go to WDW. We are DVC members so will be going to WDW every year but we hope to go to DLP in between times.

The area is much smaller and can be walked to from most the hotels. The blue lagoon restaurant is nice. There is ice skating in the winter outside the New York hotel.

In six weeks we will be there along with a few others on this board!!! I can't wait.

Susan

393 days until WDW

Susan

I've just come back from my first visit to DLP. I loved it. My only regret is that I didnt go there before! Although it can never compare to WDW as a whole, I found the castle more enchanting than the one there and the park itself is much prettier than WDW's MK. DLP has definitely won a place in our hearts and we already have another visit booked and another one in planning! :teeth:

When we went for the first time in March 2004 - it was a special birthday treat for the kids albeit I'd always wanted to go. I thought it would be a one off "been there, done that", needless to say the day after we arrived home I was back on the phone booking for October 04, this year has been really tough - money no object we'd have gone again, reading the trip reports on here is one of the things that's helped me get through it and now I'm counting down the months to our next visit (my choice for my 40th birthday - I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather spend it). I'm sure you'll love DLRP :earsgirl:

We went for the first time in July 04 and compared, unfairly, to WDW and if I'm honest came away disappointed.
This year we went again in July and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, we stayed at Davy Crockett Ranch which gave us a bit more freedom and we too are looking to book again for next year.
I did put up a thread last year and wasn't too complimentary but as some people here may remember my nearly finished trip report, the dog ate my notes :confused3 honest, that I ate several portions of humble pie!
No you can't compare to WDW just on pure scale but park to park you will not be disappointed.
Anthony

PK, what about I was taken away by aliens and they were soooooo interested in my notes that they dropped me off but took my notes? :confused3
Anthony

wilki32 said:
PK, what about I was taken away by aliens and they were soooooo interested in my notes that they dropped me off but took my notes? :confused3
Anthony
Now at least that one is believable :rotfl:

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter