Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Hello all, this would be my first time participating in a fish extender group (WBTA 2014) and I was wondering how many people are in a group? And about how many gifts would I have to buy/make? Any info would be helpful, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I think of making a fabric ice pack cover that will have straps so you can use it hands free. It will be the size of a reusable cold pack/hot pack. Or a small ziplock bag of ice.
I will include a small ziplock bag that can be filled with ice for use on the cruise.
What do people think of my idea?
I am going for something that I have not seen on people talk about here and something that is handy and can be used when people go home, and is small and light to transport.

I think it's a great idea!:cheer2:

In a lucky way my brother owns a button maker. Since my next cruise is a surprise to my family I can't get them to help me make FE gifts, but it hit me I could get my brother and his friends to make me some buttons! (They're doing it as a hobby business.)

I found some graphics online that people had made available for crafting, did some work in photoshop, and came up with some designs. I'll post pictures when I can.

I'm a bit worried though - my FE group is kind of large and I'm going to be carrying a lot of buttons through airport security and customs. Has anyone done something similar? Has there ever been an issue?

Ilion said:
In a lucky way my brother owns a button maker. Since my next cruise is a surprise to my family I can't get them to help me make FE gifts, but it hit me I could get my brother and his friends to make me some buttons! (They're doing it as a hobby business.)

I found some graphics online that people had made available for crafting, did some work in photoshop, and came up with some designs. I'll post pictures when I can.

I'm a bit worried though - my FE group is kind of large and I'm going to be carrying a lot of buttons through airport security and customs. Has anyone done something similar? Has there ever been an issue?

Yes, I made coasters out of ceramic bathroom tiles and imagine 40 of those heavy things in a carry on...lol

Love all the neat FE gifts I'm seeing here! I'm cruising the WBTA 2014 and taking a lot of notes :surfweb: I know it's early yet, but I want to make the gift exchange one that cruisers will remember :yay::woohoo::cheer2:

Ilion said:

I've done it for workn and no prob :)

Hello all, this would be my first time participating in a fish extender group (WBTA 2014) and I was wondering how many people are in a group? And about how many gifts would I have to buy/make? Any info would be helpful, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm on that cruise too :goodvibes I think I read that they were going to split FE into smaller groups as so many of us interested. Don't know numbers though, sorry

I love my coaster! Center of my table, definitely worth the hassle. Thank you to all you coaster makers!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Our cruise is still a year out, but I'm looking forward to participating in our FE. So many amazing ideas on this thread. You guys are so creative! :goodvibes

I made these coasters out of ceramic tiles, mode podge, shellac coating and disney scrapbook paper for our upcoming cruise.<a
IMG_4393_zps29e8bdcf.jpg

saw this on pintrest love it do you have instructions available??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter