Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Image2.jpg

Image1.jpg

Image.jpg

Some key chains & matching American Girl doll & girl bows:goodvibes

AWESOME! Simply amazing.

Curious if anyone happens to have a cross stitch pattern for the "Fantasy" logo on the ship? And that they'd be willing to share. I've been trying to design my own, but it just doesn't come out looking right.

Thanks in advance!

Yes! They are all off Ebay, shipped from China - so it takes a while. Then the bottle caps for the key chains are actually in the scrapping section at craft stores. I removed the sticky part & on the back side stuck a DCL logo (the same as the one on the bows) & covered with an epoxy dome :)

I can probably trace back the seller name if you are interested?

Can I have the seller's name? Also do you remember how long it took you to get them? We are leaving in 43 days. Thanks!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

OK - the seller is mr_bead88 - a link is http://myworld.ebay.com/mr_bead88/&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2754

I'm not sure I'm supposed to post that? Sorry if not!

You can either buy the bottle caps with a hole punched, or without. The punches are in the jewelry making section at Micheals/JoAnns. I picked out my jump rings first, then got the sized punch to match (they are in mm - of course I have thrown out the packaging so I don';t know the size I bought!) it will probably take a few tries to get them right! Then set yourself up at a table with 2 sets of pliers, jump rings, charms, chain & clips. I found it easier to cut all the chain first, & attach to the clips, then I attached all the charms at the same time. Doesn't take a huge amount of time, if you are organized.

You will also need a 1 inch punch to punch out the bottle cap images. I use a little hot glue to stick them, then carefully (NOT touching the sticky side) put them on top.

I have images if you want me to email them too.

Good luck!:thumbsup2

Can I have the seller's name? Also do you remember how long it took you to get them? We are leaving in 43 days. Thanks!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Some came really fast, & honestly, some did not! You could always request that they rush ship?

Sorry, just realized you are making necklaces :rotfl2: so yes, just the jump rings & punch. For the magnets, make sure you use the powerful kind, not the really cheap small ones. They won't stick. Heres some I made...

IMG_5232.jpg

I did these ones too on clothes pegs, it's a really bad pic, but you get the idea....
IMG_5330.jpg

and a few more hair bows depending on the girls have characters...

IMG_5234.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

Sorry, just realized you are making necklaces :rotfl2: so yes, just the jump rings & punch. For the magnets, make sure you use the powerful kind, not the really cheap small ones. They won't stick. Heres some I made...

IMG_5232.jpg

I did these ones too on clothes pegs, it's a really bad pic, but you get the idea....
IMG_5330.jpg

and a few more hair bows depending on the girls have characters...

IMG_5234.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

Thanks so much for the info!

Can I ask where you found all the character circles for the bottle caps?
That's obviously key for this project!

I'm off to Michael's now to find the hole punch!

I think the magnets I ordered from Amazon are strong enough....they looked thick anyway! That's where I got the epoxy circles and bottle caps. Come to think of it, I guess I need to get a 1" hole punch at Michael's too!

This is our first Disney cruise so first FE (and no, haven't actually contemplated how I will make that!) did you make yours? Can you post a picture?!

Today we were at the beach (75 degree day here in Boston....beach weather in our world plus it's school vacation) and I remembered that last summer we found about 50 sand dollars! So I thought I might also make sand dollar ornaments by mod podging (is that a word?!) some Disney image on the front!

I would love to find a high resolution image of Mickey in front of the NY skyline and/or Mickey by the Statue of Liberty. I googled and found one but it is too low resolution.

Anyway, I guess I"m just excited for my ideas! In some life I was crafty but then motherhood happened and unlike many of you, I leave the crafting by the wayside!

Thanks again for any other suggestions/ideas!

Thanks so much for the info!

Can I ask where you found all the character circles for the bottle caps?
That's obviously key for this project!

I'm off to Michael's now to find the hole punch!

I think the magnets I ordered from Amazon are strong enough....they looked thick anyway! That's where I got the epoxy circles and bottle caps. Come to think of it, I guess I need to get a 1" hole punch at Michael's too!

This is our first Disney cruise so first FE (and no, haven't actually contemplated how I will make that!) did you make yours? Can you post a picture?!

Today we were at the beach (75 degree day here in Boston....beach weather in our world plus it's school vacation) and I remembered that last summer we found about 50 sand dollars! So I thought I might also make sand dollar ornaments by mod podging (is that a word?!) some Disney image on the front!

I would love to find a high resolution image of Mickey in front of the NY skyline and/or Mickey by the Statue of Liberty. I googled and found one but it is too low resolution.

Anyway, I guess I"m just excited for my ideas! In some life I was crafty but then motherhood happened and unlike many of you, I leave the crafting by the wayside!

Thanks again for any other suggestions/ideas!

PM me your email address & I'll email them to you. My talented hubby did them for me :goodvibes

Curious if anyone happens to have a cross stitch pattern for the "Fantasy" logo on the ship? And that they'd be willing to share. I've been trying to design my own, but it just doesn't come out looking right.

Thanks in advance!

We have the Magic in the same script. Would that help?

I just saw bottle caps with the holes pre-punched at Michaels. Not sure if this helps anyone or saves a step.

I need some help. I was thinking as part of my FE gift I want to give every cabin a customized pillow case so they can have it signed. My question is, do I need to include pens? If so, what type of pens? Permanent markers? Fabric markers? Different colors? Or just black?

I just saw bottle caps with the holes pre-punched at Michaels. Not sure if this helps anyone or saves a step.

Probably would have helped me but as I've got everything lined up (thanks clare for help!) I'm all set....but good to know if my metal hole punching skills aren't what they should be!!

Finally got our FE gifts finished! If you are on the April 25-30, Magic out of Port Canaverl to Key West & Nassau, then NO PEEKING!:scared1:

For the rest of you, just highlight the text above/beside the links.

Personalized Magnet
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee98/tebi73/Personal/Astros-108.jpg

Photo Framehttp://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee98/tebi73/Personal/Astros-109.jpg

1. Cruise Music CD
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee98/tebi73/Personal/Astros-77.jpg

great FE, hust a question about the cd did you make your oen Music or this cd is the one the it was sent to you many year with the ship music, i have the cd that castaway member senf and i was thinking male copy and handle them out. but my DH ssid that is ilegal.that cd is hard to find

I need some help. I was thinking as part of my FE gift I want to give every cabin a customized pillow case so they can have it signed. My question is, do I need to include pens? If so, what type of pens? Permanent markers? Fabric markers? Different colors? Or just black?

I would send Sharpies. That's an awesome idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!