Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

KarlaG4Kids

Love to travel, especially to Disney!
I see the Homemade FE gift thread was officially closed! WOW 249 pages of wonderful ideas! Since I didn't find a new thread for it, and it is great to be able to see what everyone is making for the FE exchange, I hope we can continue the thread here. Carry on posting fantastic ideas and photos!

The key fobs that were in the last post are amazing. You did a great job with them!

For anyone wishing to look back at the previous Homemade FE gifts thread here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639

We gave out magnets, calendars, bookmarks, pirate creeds and post cards as some of our homemade FE gifts.

:):):)

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

MVFEGift.jpg

Hi there. For those who asked, the key fobs were much easier than I had expected. Using the 7/8" ribbon, I fused it to 1 1/4" webbing with 7/8" Heat n Bond, then stitched along both sides of the ribbon with matching thread on top and webbing colored thread in the bobbin.

Using a rotary blade, I cut the length to 11" and stitched the two sides together 1/4" from the ends. The key fob hardware then clamps to the stitched end covering that stitching. For ease of handling, I worked on sections of 44" at a time.

MVFEGift.jpg

Hi there. For those who asked, the key fobs were much easier than I had expected. Using the 7/8" ribbon, I fused it to 1 1/4" webbing with 7/8" Heat n Bond, then stitched along both sides of the ribbon with matching thread on top and webbing colored thread in the bobbbin.

Using a rotary blade, I cut the length to 11" and stitched the two sides together 1/4" from the ends. The key fob hardware then clamps to the stitched end covering that stitching. For ease of handling, I worked on sections of 44" at a time.

Where did you get that ribbon??? And the metal mickey heads? These are amazing.

Hi KarlaG4Kids, thanks for starting another thread. :) I have a request if possible... could you put a link to the original thread in the first post to make it easy for people to look back through like on the magnet threads?

Original here: Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

TIA!

For our recent cruise, I made magnets for each room (mostly I gave 2 princesses and 1 Mickey):

6798998012_ed256c27be_z.jpg

Pendants for the women and older girls:

6798998834_79a608efe7_z.jpg

And Mickey and Minnie ears for the younger kids:

6831514760_4758484b8f_z.jpg

I couldn't come up with something homemade for the men and older boys, so I gave the men Mickey-themed calendars or planners, or little Spanish-English dictionaries, and the older boys got either Disney word searches or movie candy. I also found a bunch of High School Musical things for one young man who I'd heard loved it. We had so much fun participating in this!

Yay! By starting the Part 2 of this, I actually can follow and remember what page I stop on and easily go back to it (for now at least ;)) :lmao:

Thanks for keeping it going! And, I do like the key fobs too! Can't wait to see what others will continue to post!

We gave out magnets, calendars, bookmarks, pirate creeds and post cards as some of our homemade FE gifts.

:):):)

Everything you made was awesome! Do you mind telling me what program you use to make all of these great personalized gifts? I would love to do something like this, but have been unable to make them so far with the programs I have or at least know I have!;)

Omg, great idea I saw them last week on the FE and I order a few key fob to see and practice before my cruise but I think we are in the same cruise next year seeing your countdown if you going do give this I need to get another idea.my practice one that I bought I will give them as a mother gift for my closer :grouphug:friend is so practical, for busy mom:love:

Another good idea is the cricut cartridge Mickey friend and Mickey font for the FE hard to find only sell on eBay I hope that I could win one for the past week they over bit me. Is a hard to find cartridge is out of stock everywhere.nice stuff for deco the door and FE.

Everything you made was awesome! Do you mind telling me what program you use to make all of these great personalized gifts? I would love to do something like this, but have been unable to make them so far with the programs I have or at least know I have!;)

I use Photoshop Elements 9 and a really old version of Ulead. I had someone on the Creative DISign Forum make me the magnets with the ship and the sail date. Some of the other graphics I found on there as well and then personalized them. The bookmarks and the calendars I made using Ulead with some of their preset guides and images.

The Creative DISign Forum is awesome and the DISigners will personal graphics for you and then you can print them in whatever program you have.

:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter