Holiday update,I need a new ticker! we are booked again!

tinkerpea

DIS Veteran
Hi all

I could not wait to tell all my wonderful Dis supporters the news as Honestly you have been such amazing people over the last few wks.

I took some advice from an earlier thread and told my Dh i was going to give myself a break by cancelling all ADR's and getting some rest while forgetting about the holiday altogether!!

Well yesterday I went for my pre-op then for lunch with Dh after seeing the Queen open up the Jubilee maternity ward at Lister hospital (my app was timed just right that we was there when she arrived and seen her pull up waving ) At lunch i told Dh we needed to not think about it too much as the day before he came home and said that even though we had been offered from the 5th of October he was again pulled in and told sorry Nope you can have from the 6th!!! its only a day but imagine if we had gone and booked the 5th after having it granted!

Anyways I went home to bed for a rest, Dh went bk to work...I had gone on Virgins facebook page and asked advice a few days before, Dh then checked the facebook and seen we had reply saying could we email him.

Dh emailed him all the details and he replied with we are taking off the £120pp fees,
When dh came home and told me i said well thats amazing but the flights are really high right now so he left me and made some calls he got flights for the 8th for only £752 for everybody to change!!! so he called Disney and asked if they had availablity and they DID! so he called back and BOOKED!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

we have from the 8th October till the 29th! free DDP and on the Airbus so its 2,2,2 configuration which we really hoped for the Virgin agent also pre-booked are seats so all the kids have window seats!
I really cantbe any happier i slept for the 1st time in wks last night "after the excitment of course"

I now have to plan my days and get those ADR's back.The RAF charity or SAAFA have also said they would like to try and pay the difference in costs we have said that we was able to afford it as it was under the £1000 and would like them to keep it for somebody who needs it now as we are just gratefull to be going at all again.

Sorry for long post but you guys was all the 1st people i had to tell :love:

Just commented on your other thread!

Brilliant news :woohoo: so glad it is all sorted for you now and hopefully you can get back to some exciting planning parts with the adrs :) x

Aw congratulations i got a little lump in my throat reading all your troubles I hope everything goes to plan this time everything happens for a reason and I believe that this is the trip you are meant to go on!

Aw congratulations i got a little lump in my throat reading all your troubles I hope everything goes to plan this time everything happens for a reason and I believe that this is the trip you are meant to go on!

me too, when I read your threads about your op and the holiday cancelled, I couldn't believe it, I hope that this all goes smoothly for you and that your op is successfull.

Let the planning commence .......again ...... xx

That's great news - and it's a really nice time of year (normally!).
Now you have the fun of booking a whole new batck of ADRs :banana:

I've already posted on your other thread but I just had to say congratulations again!

I'm so happy for you! :hug:

Didn't post on the other thread but your story was really sad.
I'm glad you have found a way to get your Disney fix in the end.

A couple of weeks ago I was on the brink of total disaster when I thought my Disney vacations would have to be cancelled. It was heart wrenching. Even then, I can't imagine what you went through on that emotional roller coaster.

I guess I'll throw a couple of bananas in for good measure

:banana::banana:

have a nice replanning :)

Awesome :woohoo::woohoo: totally happy dance time :banana::banana:

Wishing you all the best with the op :hug:

Such happy news, totally calls for more bananas :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: happy planning :wizard:

Well that is great news and so good of you to spread the magic and let someone else have the funds that you were offered :goodvibes:goodvibes

What a great update!! Some pixiedust before you've even left yet :banana:

Get yourself back on the planning wagon!

That's fantastic news, it all seesm to had fitted perfectly and gives you something to focus on. We are in Disney 6th to 20th Oct so we might see you there :cool1:

So glad you've managed to sort it out and it gives you longer to get over your op. I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time :goodvibes

Wow thankyou all so much :blush:

Im so pleased that My boys will now get the holiday that they deserve they have been such good little men always bringing me water and blankets when i on the sofa,Never asking if i can play with them when im feeling rough.

Now i just have the Op to get through "piece of cake" ok maybe a little harder then that :rotfl: but now Im trying to think only positive thoughts my Will is pretty much done and all plans in place (which is why i was so desperate for this leave even though I know of course they would of have to given him leave if anything happened I just wanted piece of mind before the Op!!.

like people have said I now have more time to recover which I needed anyways after the fight i had on my hands before the holiday was cancelled with only having 6?7 wks to recover "thankfully it got brought forward"

Now on with the planning as Its the opposite way around now we was doing Universal then Disney.....now its Disney 1st

Again thankyou the support has been overwhelming and brought me to tears on more then 1 occasion xxx

didn't ever get round to posting on your other thread, but just wanted to say I am so happy you are booked again, can't imagine what it must have been like for you :sad2: wishing you all a truly magical holiday that you obviously deserve very much! :goodvibes

so very glad you've managed to get things sorted and as others have said it's a really lovely time to go ..... hope things with the op go well, that your recovery is speedy and good and that you have a really, really wonderful holiday :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter