• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday INN Sunspree Resort

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for any opinions on this hotel. They have a great price for just after xmas Looking at taking disabled daughter from Dec 26 - Jan 2 and funds only allow us to stay off site this time
:)

We stayed there several years ago. It's very nice. I remember they had a kid's theater, kid's bingo and a lot of other activities there. There was a Little Caesers and some burger place there (kids ate free). :)

We stayed there in 98" and my four kids loved it! they wanted to stay at the hotel rather than go to the parks.The kids club was great too, They had movies and even did crafts with the kids. And In the evening we sat with the kids and played bingo and watch people do kareoke. I hope this helps!

Mrsmom

Since you say you have a disabled daughter, you might want to check with the off-site places you are looking at to make sure they have shuttle buses that a wheelchair can travel on to get to the parks. I know someone posted about 9 months ago that he stayed off-site and had to find his own way to the parks since the shuttle bus was not wheelchair accessible.
If you are able to stay on-site, almost all of the WDW resort buses are wheelchair accessible.

If you're bothered by mildew this may not be the place for you( unless they've cleaned it up in the last couple of years.) Even the elevators and concrete walkways to the rooms were yucky. Just our experience. We also did not enjoy the food court.

I have to agree with the last poster. We stayed there in 2000 and I was not at all impressed. The kids activities were OK, from what I saw. The pool is really nice we did enjoy that a great deal, though they seemed to have an abnormally large number of accidents when we were there causing the pool to be closed down for hours. Don't get me wrong I want the pool close when a kid has an accident, I just atributed it to an overage of ignorant guest who didn't tend to their children properly. But I was exteremely disappointed with the rooms, despite a fairly recent renovation the room just didn't feel particularly clean. The food was flat out nasty in my opinion, we took one look at the "food court" and went elsewhere. We won't go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter