• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday Decoration Crack Down

DisCamper

Just waiting for the next WDW trip
For you out there that saw last year’s Holiday Decorations you got to see some great private displays but it’s coming to an end this year. I talk to one of the big displayers over the weekend and Disney has informed them that last year was it for large displays at the Fort. The new rule is Holiday Decoration can be displayed but must stay within the footprint of your site. The uses of common area around your site to display decoration cannot and will not be used for displays. If guest use common area for displays will be ask to take them down. If guest fails to do so they will be asked to leave the property without a refunded no matter their length of stay.

This is now a No No

100.jpg

:sad2: Well, that will cut our trailer weight down a few hundred pounds, but it won't be as much fun. One of the advantages of the holidays was to do some looping around the bigger displays. A lot of visitors will never know what they missed. I guess WDW needed to do some control of expanding decorations, but it won't be as nice as in the past. Next they will probably define your footprint as your concrete and cocina pad. :sad2: :sad2:

We rented an RV and stayed at FW in Nov/Dec 2010 and that's one thing we loved to do at night was to walk around and look at the decorations.

For you out there that saw last year’s Holiday Decorations you got to see some great private displays but it’s coming to an end this year. I talk to one of the big displayers over the weekend and Disney has informed them that last year was it for large displays at the Fort. The new rule is Holiday Decoration can be displayed but must stay within the footprint of your site. The uses of common area around your site to display decoration cannot and will not be used for displays. If guest use common area for displays will be ask to take them down. If guest fails to do so they will be asked to leave the property without a refunded no matter their length of stay.

Well being the general wet blanket I tend to agree. Some of the holiday decorations were getting the Chevy Chase vs. Chevy Chase syndrome and just way too overboard. When someone has to bring along like a 16' to 20' trailer just for decorations that is way overboard IMO and a lot of those just look "TACKY" and not what I would call tasteful.

Larry

Personally I loved the over the top decorations, I can see there being issues if your sucking more electricity into your site than NASA, but we really enjoyed the atmosphere and looking at all the crazy stuff that people came up with..

Well being the general wet blanket I tend to agree. Some of the holiday decorations were getting the Chevy Chase vs. Chevy Chase syndrome and just way too overboard. When someone has to bring along like a 16' to 20' trailer just for decorations that is way overboard IMO and a lot of those just look "TACKY" and not what I would call tasteful.

Larry

I agree that some of the decorating had gone a little "over the top" but the children just love that kind of stuff so much and seeing all of them so excited was the best part about the decorations for me.

I also feel bad for the folks who look forward to setting all that stuff up each year. It will be a big disappointment for them :sad1:

Larry

Not a wet blanket IMO. I received Flames galore when I made my thoughts known last year.

DW and I enjoyed the decorations far better years ago when they were just within the campsite. Wonder if anyone will just reserve a couple of sites to put up a big display.

DisCamper,

When you talked with your source did you find out WHY this change in policy was made? Or did word simply filter down from on high?

Bama ED

I would much prefer a tastefully done display rather than a "throw-up" of blow-ups everywhere. Trying to cram as many blow-ups into every square inch of your site and common area around it just seemed to be too much. Hopefully now people will try to do more with less.

DisCamper,

When you talked with your source did you find out WHY this change in policy was made? Or did word simply filter down from on high?

Bama ED

Ed, there was a posting on this same subject several months ago and it was mentioned that some people were "tinkering" with the electric boxes inorder to get more lights on their sites. Some people were reportedly getting shocked on some electrical boxes, supposedly after the "tinkering".:confused3

hopefully people will just put more imagination in to better decoratons in a smaller area. Tons of blow ups were fun to look at but i'm sure they ran up some bills for the Fort as well. I'm sure in the time of a slow economy they had to limit use of the electricity and also safe guard the campers as well!!! We love looping after each day in the park and were disapointed at the lack of decorations as seen in past years...so iguess we will just have to lower our expectations! This family will just try to make "greener decorations that are still fun this year!!!

I would much prefer a tastefully done display rather than a "throw-up" of blow-ups everywhere. Trying to cram as many blow-ups into every square inch of your site and common area around it just seemed to be too much. Hopefully now people will try to do more with less.

Hey, rapriebe, I agree totally! I just hope they don't outlaw trains, especially on Halloween!

Well that stinks ! Just when I was planning my really big Fishing Christmas theme !!

I guess Halloween will tell the truth on how strict the rules are and if they are enforcing them. It could be like most Disney rule out there but not highly enforced.

When we were there in December of 2005 I saw a camper change the braker in the box. Don't know what he did but he had a looot of lights and not 12 volt.

That's rediculous. I don't care if someone's decorations came over onto my site. Most people ask first anyway. And gettiong to actually walk through some of those decoration are the highlight of my camping trip. It's why I pay the big bucks to stay there and bring a truck load of stuff myself so others can enjoy. Are we starting a petiton on this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter