Hold Up, I'm Playing Temple Run! It's a Birthday Celebration! *Updated 6/17*

MickeyisBeast

DIS Veteran
"In this compound we often pause to contemplate our small world. Here, adventure beckons with every view and every sound, the jungle and its river call out their mystery and invite us to new discovery" -via the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House

Hello everyone and welcome to my TR!
Before I get into it, I should give you the 411 on this trip.
I recently turned 16 (Don't let my teenage moodiness stop you from reading- I swear I'm not always like that lol!)

All around the world, people have big celebrations for different ages. For people of Spanish decent it's 15, when you have your Quinceañera. Jewish people celebrate Bar/Bat Mitzvah's when you turn 13. And here in America, it's your Sweet Sixteen party that seems to be the biggest of them all.

Instead of celebrating my Sweet Sixteen by having a party of any sorts, I wanted to do something different. I wanted to celebrate my 16th birthday in WDW. At first, this was just an idea, but it became a reality when we got Annual Passes last summer. My parents agreed and it was settled- My mom and I would fly down to Florida for five days after I took my end of semester exams. We were planning on staying at the Pop Century and eating at my favorite Table Service- Le Cellier (What can I say, I love steak. And the fact that the teenage heartthrob Justin Bieber is Canadian is just a perk)

To sum all of that up,
Who: Me and my Mom
When: January 18th-January 22nd
Where: Disney's Pop Century Resort
Why: To celebrate my Sweet 16!

This was strictly a girls only trip, so my dad, two brothers, our doggy Jeter, stayed home this trip. Although, my dad had gone to Disney two weeks earlier to run the 1/2 marathon and full marathon with his friend.

So I don't leave you totally picture-less this is me
IMG_0597.jpg

and my mom
IMG_0581.jpg

Aww I have to join in because I went to WDW for my 16th birthday too, and it was one of the best trips ever! Can't wait to read about yours!

yay, someone else who was there at the same time as me! :) can't wait to read about your trip.

Wednesday, January 18th, 2012

Today was the day we were leaving for Disney! I was not as excited as I should have been, because, well, I was sick. My throat hurt, I was stuffed up, my ears were all messed up from pressure, the list goes on and on.

Luckily, I made it through my half day of school. All I had to do was take my final exam- which was Art, and then we were able to talk and play cards until 10:45 when we could go home, since this was the last day of the semester.

As soon as I got home, I packed what I needed to and then fell asleep. Around 3:30 my mom woke me up and my dad drove us to the airport!

Security was much better going to Disney than it was coming back. It didn't take too long to go through security- even if it's gross to have to take off your shoes... and I wasn't wearing socks- yuck!

We made it to our little section and waited awhile for the plane, which wouldn't be taking off until 6:20ish. During the wait, Mom went to get us some Starbucks
1.jpg

yummy!

I tried to read my AP Euro book assignment, but I couldn't grasp my mind around anything the book was saying! I probably got passed the first page before I decided to quit lol. I played Temple Run, too. It's an addicting App where your person is running around and you have to jump and slide and turn to make sure you stay on the path, collect the coins, and don't get eaten by the gorilla things chasing you. It's addicting, we were playing that game after our Art exam this day.

FINALLY, we were able to start boarding the airplane after a 20 minute maintenance delay. (Have I mentioned that I haven't ridden an airplane since like 10 years ago when we flew to St. Louis?) We had to check our bags since it was a full flight and they ran out of overhead space.Oh well.

I got a window seat on the plane!
7.jpg

Not that I could see much, it was pitch black outside.

The flight went by fast, even though my ears were killing me the whole time. My ears were already messed up from my cold, and the air pressure from the plane just made it worse! I don't think my ears went back to normal until the last day of the trip. I just couldn't get them to pop!

The plane landed around 8:30 and we went to claim our baggage, which didn't take too long. Once we had our bags, we headed for Magical Express!
2.jpg

3.jpg

Lucky for us- our bus was there and waiting! We were the last ones to get on, and it left immediately after we got on! Perfect!
4.jpg

The guys in front of us in this picture, were having some problems. Mom saw them later on our trip, and they were still having problems...

5.jpg

We enjoyed watching the ME video for the first time. The trip from the airport to WDW seems way longer than 30 minutes, I just wanted to get there!

I think we stopped at CBR first, and POP Century was the next stop!
6.jpg

Stinks for the AKL people on board, they were the last stop.

Check in was a breeze, and I got a Happy Birthday pin!
Our room was in the 70s building like we requested, and we had an awesome view of the water and the Animation Buildings being built!

Our room
IMG_0334.jpg

oh gosh you can just tell i was sick and tired after the flight LOL!
But I was excited about having a bed all to myself- especially since it was the one by the wall! I hate the bed by the door haha

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

We called back home to tell them we got to WDW safely and to say hello, then we headed to POP's food court (which has to be the best hotel food court- they have such a big variety!) to get a late dinner.
IMG_0340.jpg

We both got the chicken and pasta, but mom got white sauce and I got red sauce. It was really yummy!

After dinner, we headed back to our room to relax and call it a night. We had a big day tomorrow- we were gonna be the crazy people going to Magic Kingdom early in the morning... the same day Obama was there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter