• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HOJO question...

How comfortable is the sofa sleeper in the king suites?

The reason I ask, we just stayed in a hotel a few weeks ago in phoenix, where the sofa sleeper bed was basically unusable, it was impossible to sleep on. You could feel the bars through the matress. Does anyone have hands on experience with this?

To joanjett1976,

I've stayed at both Hojo and the Hilton.

Both places are nice and clean. Hojo's rooms are a little bigger with mini fridge, and it's an easy walk to the parks (7-10 minutes). Some rooms offer views of DL, but all views are obstructed by trees, so you can't really see very much of the park. You can see the fireworks pretty well though.
www.hojoanaheim.com

The Hilton is a little fancier and more sophisticated looking, have on site restaurant, bar, and roomservice, and many of their rooms have SUPERB views of DCA/DL and the fireworks. However, their standard rooms don't have a mini-fridge, although I think you can request one for a nightly fee, and it's a longer walk to the parks (about 15 minutes).
www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=SNAAHHH

I like both places a lot for different reasons. If you want to book a package (hotel and park tickets) go to www.getawaytoday.com because they offer great deals, and there's very little price difference in a Hojo package or a Hilton package.

Hope this helps! :flower: :flower3: :flower:

Disney Super Mom-

Thanks for this great info!

I read the HOJO rooms have been recently updated and that would definately affect my decision!

At WDW, I adore Port orleans french Quarter, Boardwalk
& AKLodge.

I cannot afford the on site Dl options this time around:( I guess i will save up for a dinner at Napa Rose instead!

what are the rooms across the hall from the theme park view rooms? We are traveling with m uncle and he will want to be close to us but will not care about the theme park view so may as well save some money on the room type. Just curious as to what would be across the hall from an upgraded theme park view room. Anybody know?

In building one (a.k.a. the tower) which is where you would be, all the rooms on the front side of the building look towards DL, but the rooms on the back side look towards the freeway, and I wouldn't want that, and your uncle probably won't either. :headache:

I recommend he stays in a theme park view room too, maybe down the hall from you but on the same side of the building. His rate will probably be $79-89 per night in a standard room with theme park view. Or, if he doesn't care about being in the same building as you, he could stay in building 3 or 4, which is still close to building 1, and building 4 looks over the pool, a little of the park, and he could see the fireworks.

If you have Adobe reader on your computer, go to
www.hojoanaheim.com/pdf/room_layouts.pdf

This will show you the floor plans of all the different rooms they have, and which buildings those rooms are located in.

Hope this helps! :earsgirl:

Just a note about the outdated decor in some rooms

In a discussion about another matter with one of the managers this past spring, he said more rooms would be updated during the off-season. Some for decor (I think, didn't keep the e-mail) some to make them handicapped friendly. Either way... outdated bedspreads or not... HoJo's is a great place to stay. Big rooms, great staff, etc. etc. Plus, we didn't go all the way to Disneyland to look at the bedspreads! :)

Man oh man I will never make a comment about the bedspreads at the HoJo again! Here me again, loved the hotel, would stay there again in a minute (currently have a reservation there in April). I was asked for opinions and I gave them. I guess my point about the bedspreads is that hotel bedspreads are all gross in general so the older they are the more time they have spent being gross. Last point: Go for the HoJo by all means just like I intend to do too!

Amy&Dan

Actually, I've read reports on other sites where the bedspreads were pretty much all that was discussed, which left me thinking "huh? you went for the decor??" Sorry, should have clarified.

Everyone was talking about the Starbucks at the Marriott. Isn't th Marriott across the strett from the Hilton? Does the HOJO have coffee makers so I can make my own Starbucks? I assume that the HOJO has coffeemakers in the room since they have a refrigerator and a microwave.

Each room does have a fridge, but only the Homeoffice rooms and the Suites have microwaves.

The bedspreads are all new, and all rooms were recently renovated. Unfortunately, some find the decor (chosen by renowned hotel design firm, Hirsch Bedner) looks outdated because of the design and color. Maybe just think of it as "retro" ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter