HoJo discount rates - BIG CHANGES!!

HoJos just sent me an email with the SUPER Family Rates that are open- there are a bunch of dates.

However, I called and the Kids Suites are not available with the SUPER FAMILY RATES. A real bummer....they were $129 with the retro rates and are about $175 WITH the 20% AP discount.

We will still stay in the kids suites- we love them. Other hotels on the block of harbor across from the park do not have comprable suites. But this is certainly a bummer.

Yep, me too. And the Kids Suites are excluded from the Super Family Rate. :sad:

However, the 30% off rates for the Retro Annual Pass rate (dates online, same dates as in email) can be used on a Kids Suite. Of course, there weren't any suites available on the nights I checked. :worried:

I received it too. I was hoping to add a day (10/21) to our reservation, but it is not available...only 10/22-23 which I already have.
For anyone wondering...here are the dates for the 50% off rate:

July: 29, 31
Aug: 1-5, 18, 19, 24-30
Sep: 3-5, 17-19, 29
Oct: 3, 4, 19, 22, 23, 28-31
Nov: 1-8, 11-30
Dec: 10-24

Jan: 6-10, 15-17, 21-23, 28-31
May have to open a thread about this....

Just got it too and booked for Jan 6th and 7th the Queen Premium for $79.50 per night. I added the 4th and 5th for $143.10 with AAA. Just wanted to grab it. The flights from Denver aren't too bad either. School starts back on the 9th for my HS freshman and the 14th for my college freshman, so this might be a nice little Christmas present. OK - not not little, basically ALL of Christmas - done!! :rotfl:

I guess I am confused. I registered another email address and immediately got an email listing all the same dates but it says it's the 30% AP discount. No mention of the family rate.

And I still haven't received an email to my original account.

I guess I am confused. I registered another email address and immediately got an email listing all the same dates but it says it's the 30% AP discount. No mention of the family rate.

Have you checked the dreaded Spam folder?

Also, there is no discount code for the Super Family Rate - you need only mention it when you call the HoJo to make a reservation. So if the dates mentioned above work for an upcoming trip...just call ;) If you'd prefer, I am happy to forward you my copy of the e-mail - you'd just need to PM me your e-mail address.

I also received an email and called for a Date, August 18th, it was 84.50 for a standard room. Previously a standard room under retro rates was $59. It's gone up about $25. I definitely can get something cheaper on priceline. I did book 12.23-12/25 at $79. I will cancel if I find something cheaper. We really do love HOJO and are glad to hear that they are installing flat screens finally!! But I know I can get cheaper rooms on Priceline and have gotten really nice rooms for $45. The reason we booked HOJO was for the waterpark which is worth paying more if you have young kids. Our love it.

Strictly just my opinion, but I think $84.50 for a HOJO room during the peak season and fairly close to the date of arrival isn't that bad. I'd pay it.

I think we all need come to grips with the fact that the days of $59 a night at the HOJO are most likely over. Again, in my opinion, that was a ridiculously good deal and way too good to continue forever.

Just call in house reservations- they were in such a hurry to book me, I just said - "got an e-mail about a good rate for Jan 6th" and booked it. They didn't ask for my e-mail address or anything.

From my e-mail:
"These rates can only be booked by calling our in-house reservations team in Anaheim at +1-714-618-6036. Discount NOT available on suites."

AWESOME!!!:cheer2:

Just called and was able to change 2 of my Oct dates for the Super Family Rate. Price was $74.50 plus tax. I agree- the days of $59/night are most likely over but really....$75 bucks isn't bad.:thumbsup2 Clearly they've raised their rack rates- so we are still getting 50% off, it's just a higher room rate, so the discount will probably never equal $59/night again. But honestly, this is MUCH better then the $126 that I started at!!

Let's hope that these emails continue with a great many dates avail at 50% off!

However, I am concerned....why have some people rec'd emails w/the Super Family Rate and some haven't??:confused3 Is HoJo's picking & choosing who they email?? I sure hope not...they have to know that us DISers will share the info. And when I called to change my rates, I asked specifically if I needed to show anything upon check in, ie. the email stating Super Family Rate. The answer was no.

I think we may need a sticky or thread that just lists these dates. Let's make our own updated version of HoJo's old ET/Retro Rates page on their board.:thumbsup2

I called. They said I need to receive the email. Very bummed.

Maybe I should try again?

Ya, try again. When I called I said that I'd gotten "an email about the Super Family Rate" and then we started talking about dates. I didn't have to PROVE I'd gotten an email.

Just have the dates of the rate at the ready so you know what you're talking about! ;)

Just called and was able to change 2 of my Oct dates for the Super Family Rate.

YAY!!!!

Strictly just my opinion, but I think $84.50 for a HOJO room during the peak season and fairly close to the date of arrival isn't that bad. I'd pay it.

I think we all need come to grips with the fact that the days of $59 a night at the HOJO are most likely over. Again, in my opinion, that was a ridiculously good deal and way too good to continue forever.

If I really wanted to be at Disneyland that day, yes I would pay it. But I don't really have to be and I still think I can get cheaper. I did book in December at $79. We go at least once a month and a hotel room is not usually necessary, but nice to get. I'd rather spend that money in the park and drive home. Sure it's a good rate but I've gotten nicer hotels on priceline for $30 cheaper and during peak times. $59 rates are long gone, I defintely "get it".

Just called and was able to change 2 of my Oct dates for the Super Family Rate. Price was $74.50 plus tax. I agree- the days of $59/night are most likely over but really....$75 bucks isn't bad.:thumbsup2 Clearly they've raised their rack rates- so we are still getting 50% off, it's just a higher room rate, so the discount will probably never equal $59/night again. But honestly, this is MUCH better then the $126 that I started at!!

Is that for a double room or queens? If queens *and I think I remember you saying you don't do doubles possibly even Qs ~HoJo's doubles are bigger than usual doubles, close to Qs...* If you booked a Q or K room they haven't been $59 for a while.

A typical Standard Room at the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel at Disneyland®. Featuring two over-sized double beds and balcony. Info taken from *here*

Try again later today. Just say your calling to book at the Super Family Rate for these dates. Don't mention an email or the fact that you didn't receive the email. When I just called, they never asked me if I rec'd the email. I just said that I was calling to change some of my dates to the avail Super Family Rates. I also asked them to email me a confirmation which clearly shows the rate. I also asked if I would need to show anything when I checked in, like the email, and the answer was no.

Looks like HoJo is indeed picking & choosing who they send these emails to. Which IMO, is really not cool. If you sign up to receive their emails, then you should receive ALL their emails.

Is that for a double room or queens? If queens *and I think I remember you saying you don't do doubles possibly even Qs ~HoJo's doubles are bigger than usual doubles, close to Qs...* If a Q or K room they haven't been $59 for a while.

A typical Standard Room at the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel at Disneyland®. Featuring two over-sized double beds and balcony. Info taken from *here*

Yes, we don't "do" doubles.;)

It's for a deluxe King in bldg 2. I recently found out that in the deluxe Kings you are allowed to have 3 people. In the standard Kings you are only allowed 2 people. The reason they gave me was that the deluxe are a little bit bigger.

But no matter the reason- this works perfectly for us! We usually have DS stay with Granparents in a double double. So now the Grandparents don't have to share a room- in fact, they cancelled alltogether and are staying with family in SoCal. So happy that now we get to stay together in one room, DH can get his King sized bed and we aren't paying an arm and a leg!;)

If I really wanted to be at Disneyland that day, yes I would pay it. But I don't really have to be and I still think I can get cheaper. I did book in December at $79. We go at least once a month and a hotel room is not usually necessary, but nice to get. I'd rather spend that money in the park and drive home. Sure it's a good rate but I've gotten nicer hotels on priceline for $30 cheaper and during peak times. $59 rates are long gone, I defintely "get it".

Oh I completely agree that you can get cheaper and possibly nicer! No argument from me.

Did you get $79.00 under the new rate scheme for a Standard Double or was it for one of the Queen room categoroes? If Standard Double, $85.00 is only $6.00 more than the December price. If it's for a Queen of some kind, that's a great price and also close to the old Retro Rate pricing.

Yes, we don't "do" doubles.;)

It's for a deluxe King in bldg 2. I recently found out that in the deluxe Kings you are allowed to have 3 people. In the standard Kings you are only allowed 2 people. The reason they gave me was that the deluxe are a little bit bigger.

But no matter the reason- this works perfectly for us! We usually have DS stay with Granparents in a double double. So now the Grandparents don't have to share a room- in fact, they cancelled alltogether and are staying with family in SoCal. So happy that now we get to stay together in one room, DH can get his King sized bed and we aren't paying an arm and a leg!;)

Nice, I'd say your price is in line with the old *yet recent* ent/retro rate for a K room, I wonder if the Ds are still $59...

Hmmmm, looks like it will be cheaper for us now to book 2 Deluxe Queen rooms using the huge 50% discount rate on dates available, [rather than book the kids suite, since the kids suite is not eligible for the promos], and we don't have the luxury of being an annual pass holder being we live in Canada and only go for a week long stint at once, in a year. I would easily welcome the 30% discounted rate if I were an AP holder, those are super rates.

Does anyone know how many different sets of adjoining rooms they do have at Hojo's? I know they have some adjoining superior deluxe rooms available. I understand they can't guarantee it (in case a room is damaged, etc. or needs cleaning, etc. from another guest) but I know they do have some rooms that adjoin. We had 2 adjoining rooms before. Personally for us, without having smaller kids, the 2 adjoining Queen rooms worked very well, and we will gladly try to get those the next time we stay. The only downfall being, if we can not secure adjoining rooms, my husband and spouse may end up in one room, my daughter and I in another, which negates the idea of giving my son his own room, to have time to relax and unwind. He has asperger's (sensory issues/autism spectrum) and for us this is very important in a family holiday. Life is hard enough for an autism spectrum child, but when you travel, it's a lot to take in. :flower3: So maybe the kids suite will still always be best for us since it is guaranteed he will have his own adjoining room to ours.

Does anyone know if the 15% DISboard rate discount is still being offered? If so, that is a better value than going for the AAA 10% discount.

Edited to add: What's the difference between a 2 Queen standard and 2 Queen deluxe? Do the Deluxe in building 2 have more space? We prefer building 1. Also - does anyone know if the double beds are pillow top in the standard rooms? Thanks!

Hmmmm, looks like it will be cheaper for us now to book 2 Deluxe Queen rooms using the huge 50% discount rate on dates available, [rather than book the kids suite, since the kids suite is not eligible for the promos], and we don't have the luxury of being an annual pass holder being we live in Canada and only go for a week long stint at once, in a year. I would easily welcome the 30% discounted rate if I were an AP holder, those are super rates.

Does anyone know how many different sets of adjoining rooms they do have at Hojo's? I know they have some adjoining superior deluxe rooms available. I understand they can't guarantee it (in case a room is damaged, etc. or needs cleaning, etc. from another guest) but I know they do have some rooms that adjoin. We had 2 adjoining rooms before. Personally for us, without having smaller kids, the 2 adjoining Queen rooms worked very well, and we will gladly try to get those the next time we stay. The only downfall being, if we can not secure adjoining rooms, my husband and spouse may end up in one room, my daughter and I in another, which negates the idea of giving my son his own room, to have time to relax and unwind. He has asperger's (sensory issues/autism spectrum) and for us this is very important in a family holiday. Life is hard enough for an autism spectrum child, but when you travel, it's a lot to take in. :flower3: So maybe the kids suite will still always be best for us since it is guaranteed he will have his own adjoining room to ours.

Does anyone know if the 15% DISboard rate discount is still being offered? If so, that is a better value than going for the AAA 10% discount.

Edited to add: What's the difference between a 2 Queen standard and 2 Queen deluxe? Do the Deluxe in building 2 have more space? We prefer building 1. Also - does anyone know if the double beds are pillow top in the standard rooms? Thanks!

Jory- Some of the double queens in bldg 2 are in indeed larger. Both bldg 1& 2 double queens are 356 sq ft. There's an "alt" double queen option in bldg 2 that has 385 sq ft. By comparison, the kids suite has 538 sq feet.

The difference between a deluxe and standard is really just the addition of a microwave in the deluxe rooms. Since we've only ever stayed in King deluxe in bldg 2- I can't personally compare the two. But from what I've heard, HoJo's has started making pillow top & premium bedding standard in every room. I don't know if they've made the transition of upgraded bedding to the double double rooms yet.

The other difference between the 2 rooms types is that bldg 1, standard rooms face the freeway. Although I've heard the freeway noise isn't too bad now that they did some work on eliminating the noise.

Maybe it would be cheapest for your family to have 2 of the double doubles?? Those rooms are also 356 sq ft. I wonder if the price on double doubles is more in line with the former ET $59/night rate?? Since I booked a deluxe King at $74.50- I would imagine that the standard double doubles would be even cheaper.

They do also offer a queen suite room. It has 2 queen beds & a queen sized sofa sleeper. It's 700 sq ft and even has a kitchen! Although, I imagine the price to be the highest of all the rooms at the HoJo.

Wow...I'm shocked at the standard rates now! I called and did get a respresentative who would give me the 50% off rate. We have always reserved two standard rooms, buildings 4-6, second floor, in the past. They were not available for our entire stay. Even those rooms were now $90 a night! We would have to get more expensive rooms if we didn't want to switch during our days. I passed.

I'm sorry, but those standard rooms are not worth $180 a night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter