hiring an ecv offsite

dawnpisces

Mouseketeer
can anyone advise if you are allowed to take an offsite rental ecv into the disney/universal parks? i have been given info and i'm not sure how reliable it is. :moped: :wave2:

Please see the FAQ threads above. They have lists of off site places that deliver right to the resort, are less expensive than renting one at the park(assuming you can even get it as only a limited number are available), and provide a higher quality ECV than the Disney rentals. Disney does allow off site ECVs with no problem, however I have no experience with Universal. Have a great trip.

We have rented off-site and for both WDW and Universal. It really does work out great to have the scooter available at all times. We have used Care Medical and Walker Mobility : both were equal in quality and service in my opinion. This trip we are staying in an off-site villa for a month and we are having Walker deliver the scooter right to the home. They even gave us an awesome deal for the long term rental!

thanks for the info.
we have been looking at www.randysmobility.com and they are offering a deliver and collect service and hire for $250 for 2 weeks as i haven't any other comparison except the day by day rental at the gate price at disney i don't know if i am getting a good dealor not.
any comments appreciated. :sunny: :wave2:

The prices are pretty much always going to be less expensive per day renting from one of the off-site places than renting per day from the parks.

Of the off site places, Randy's is normally one of the least expensive. A big part of his reason for being less expensive is that you must be there for delivery and pick up. There is less chance for damage doing it that way and you can get instruction on how to operate and care for it.

The parks can't prevent anyone from bringing in an ecv from outside. If you need equipment like that, they can't say that you need to use theirs. That would not be allowed under the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act).

I rented an ecv from Randy's .. Great service no problems.. at disney all the bus drivers were very helpful so easy I will always rent off site from now on so much easier..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter