Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace-Disney Springs

twitterpated31

Mouseketeer
I am recently back from my first ever Disney trip! My family and I stayed at the Hilton Orlando BVP March 15-19 (16 people, 4 rooms).

My apologies as I don't have the price...my parents booked/paid as a gift.

Pros:
  • Very clean, beds were comfortable, room was quite spacious
  • Quick service restaurant on the lower level was great! I am still craving their Bacon, Egg and Cheese sandwiches.....I'm not sure what was different about them but they were super yummy. Coffee was Starbucks. I prefer US Starbucks to Canadian Starbucks so that was a win. Only difficulty was buying Apple Juice. They rarely had it in stock.
  • Some of my family went to the sit down breakfast and raved about it
  • The Pool and Lazy River: A highlight of the trip! If I ever stay there again I will ensure we have 1-2 resort days to enjoy. Warm, clean, not super busy.
Cons:
  • I had some difficulty with the resort before we arrived related to the Disney perks for Disney Springs guests. I was ok that hotel staff weren't able to give me information (I had the same experience when I called Disney as well). I wasn't ok with the snotty attitudes I received (2 or 3 different calls) and that I was hung up on at least once. This was particularly annoying given the fact that I always ensure I am extra sweet when dealing with Customer Service reps. It takes a LOT to tick me off!
  • Check in was a bit chaotic. Three of our rooms checked in together and it took a veeeeeerrrrryyyyy long time.
  • Wifi in the rooms wasn't great.
I will speak to the part shuttles separately.

First off, I really appreciated their existence. It allowed us not to have to rent a car which was great. I had some longer waits waiting for them to arrive but we were lucky in that each day, the park we were going to happened to be the first shuttle to arrive. Our drivers were always quite pleasant.

Getting home was a whole different beast however. When we would be dropped off at the parks the drivers would tells us what times to expect the pick ups that evening (ie: 5 after the hour and 35 after the hour). These times weren't anywhere on the same planet. And if your park wasn't the first pick up you were in trouble.....the busses would be quite full.

We had one atrocious night but when the bus for the opposite group of Disney Springs resorts came, they told us about a few bus break downs and some other issues. As a result, they let us all hop on. It made for a very full bus and a longer ride home but we appreciated that they brought us to our hotel in the end. There was no telling when our correct bus would have come.

I know I probably sound pretty grumpy about it but to be honest, I'm not. :) We were pretty disappointed the first couple of nights but then we adjusted our expectations and were fine. Some in the group left the parks earlier so they'd have fewer difficulties. We stayed later and were extra patient. And our drivers were all very nice. Besides....We were at Disney! We could make anything work.

The shuttles weren't enough to dissuade us from going back. We are looking at a different Disney Springs hotel for next spring (lower room cost). We'd go with the shuttles again if we do.

If we could make the cost work, we would happily stay here again. The cons were minor and short term. I'd totally recommend staying here.

All areas of the hotel (room, hall, lobby, cafe, pool) were clean.
I’ve seen some people reporting musty smells. We didn’t notice any at all.

Thank you.. We are staying there in August. It says its a quick walk to Disney springs..is this true? would it of been a quicker bus ride to go to Disney Springs and walk back?

Sorry, I'm not sure. We didn't walk over. We drove over our last day after check out. I have terrible spatial sense so I couldn't even say how long the walk would be.

All areas of the hotel (room, hall, lobby, cafe, pool) were clean.
I’ve seen some people reporting musty smells. We didn’t notice any at all.

Last time I stayed it was still all under construction. Parts were closed. The lobby was in a temporary room and all the hallways and public areas were very dated. Does it now appear that the construction is done? Were the lobby, halls, dining areas all new and renovated?

While it won't matter to most and you likely didn't see if you didn't have a car but wondering if there was any upgrades to the convention area, also seriously out of date.

Pool area looks amazing, I would want to hang around there for a few days too! :thumbsup2

Thank you.. We are staying there in August. It says its a quick walk to Disney springs..is this true? would it of been a quicker bus ride to go to Disney Springs and walk back?

It's not a hard walk but longer than you might think. You have to go to the road; all the way to the corner with Hotel Plaza Blvd; up, across and down the pedestrian walkway; you are at the far market end of DS but that is the same for all those resorts. It didn't bother me but since you can't just cross the street (we've seen folks get yelled out for it) it's a round about walk it's longer than you think.

Last edited:
How do you connect the confirmation number to Disney's site to get the 60 day FP access?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!